[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bad albums with good covers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: ir.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ir.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
ITT: Bad albums with good covers
>>
File: Thedevilandgodareraginginsideme.jpg (53KB, 350x318px) Image search: [Google]
Thedevilandgodareraginginsideme.jpg
53KB, 350x318px
>>
>>71889635
I had no idea Disk 2 was a separate release so until yesterday I thought In Rainbows was 18 tracks, which is how I listened to the album and that made me think it was inconsistent and lacked focus. I had no idea it was just 10 tracks, I have to revisit it now, I'm sure it holds up way better.

There are no albums with more than 14 songs that aren't a jumbled mess.
>>
>in rainbows
>bad
>>
>>71889679
>There are no albums with more than 14 songs that aren't a jumbled mess.

The Wall
>>
>>71889679
That reminds me of when I was 14 and using Limewire to download albums and ended up listening to them wrong. It took me like three years to realize that I had been listening to Dirt by Alice in Chains in alphabetical order by song title instead of the correct track order.

I had kind of gotten used to that track order though, and grew to prefer it. When you listen to it that way Would is still the last track.
>>
>>71889804
Without the hype Radiohead's In Rainbows would simply be a mediocre attempt at making slightly adventurous classic rock music. Abandoning their pretenses of innovation and futurism, Radiohead returned to their rock roots with a guitar-driven album that features precious few electronic/digital effects. This is U2-style arena-rock for the 2000s. The syncopated blues-soul shuffle 15 Ste,p the half-baked hard-rock of Bodysnatchers (reminiscent of pathetic attempts by the Beatles to reinvent themselves in the age of Cream) or Faust Arp, a Beatles-esque elegy that has been heard countless times in the history of pop music, are not only inferior material by any standard: they are plain amateurish. To make matters worse, the album includes a whole set of sub-pop ballads, from the slow Nude (a long unreleased song, originally titled Big Ideas) to the even more moronic All I Need and House of Cards.
Redeeming the album from utter mediocrity are Jigsaw Falling Into Place, by far the best song, the kind of feverish dance-rock that Inxs specialized in, Weird Fishes/Arpeggios, a tender song a` la Coldplay that gradually builds emotioinal momentum, Reckoner, a languid soul lament over a hypnotic polyrhythm and a Moody Blues-esque string section, and finally the piano-driven Videotape, the melodic peak of the album and the one ballad that has something original to say. But it's way too little.
Any critic who hails this album as a masterpiece must be missing 99% of the music released in the same month.
>>
File: illinois.jpg (741KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
illinois.jpg
741KB, 900x900px
>>71889679
>There are no albums with more than 14 songs that aren't a jumbled mess.

I really want to take the bait

[spoiler]I'm going to.[/spoiler]
>>
File: unknown pleasures.png (107KB, 625x593px) Image search: [Google]
unknown pleasures.png
107KB, 625x593px
>>
>>71889905
not him but damn, you actually right
>>
>>71889904
You're eloquent, but also wrong
>>
Overrated, anyway.
>>
>>71889849
>the wall
>not a jumbled mess
>>
>>71889849
Of course, how could we forget!. A well sequenced mess.
>>
>>71889904
Nice Scaruffi copypasta.
>>
>>71889994
that's scaruffi
>>
>>71890011
It pissed me off when i saw Amnesia Scanner bite Rozwell's cover style
>>
>>71889905
>>71889668
>>71889635
Top bait my friends
>>
>>71890042
The Wall is only a jumbled mess to people who don't pay attention the lyrics.
>>
>>71890214
The one anon posted Illinoise as an example of an album that has more than 14 songs and is still good, not as a response to the OP. Also, TDAGARIM is ass.
>>
>>71889849
i stand on the previous point
>>
File: Love - Forever Changes.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Love - Forever Changes.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>
File: demon days.jpg (193KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
demon days.jpg
193KB, 500x491px
>>71889849

In your defense though DARE is worthless and cutting it would bring it down to 14 songs.
>>
File: Revolver.jpg (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver.jpg
75KB, 300x300px
>>71890617
good

cover is a revolver copy though
>>
>>71890628

Whoops, meant for
>>71889679
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.