[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I becoming deaf? Im not perceiving any diference at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: FLAC_logo_inverted[1].png (2KB, 262x130px) Image search: [Google]
FLAC_logo_inverted[1].png
2KB, 262x130px
Am I becoming deaf? Im not perceiving any diference at all
>>
it's placebo
>>
>>71886641
maybe.
but probably your headphones are simply not good enough.
>>
>>71886641
I take it you're not listening at 60db or more on high end studio monitors in an acoustically treated environment then?
>>
>>71886722
It can also have to do with your audio driver
>>
>>71886722

Im listening directly from my notebook with the ath m40x
>>
congratulations u r now deaf
>>
jfgi
>>
>>71886651
fpbp
>>
stop falling for this le flac has superior audio quality meme, FLAC is a format for archiving/storing purposes, if you convert a 128 kbps mp3 to FLAC it will still sound like shit
>>
>>71887206
you can't troll me asshole
>>
>>71886641
theres no difference bw flac and mp3 /right now/

but in 10 - 20 yrs ur mp3s will sound like absolute shit and the flacs will sound exactly the same as they do today
hence the "lossless"
>>
You're not supposed to. The only benefit to flac is that you don't loose information by transfering the file to another device. The only factor in noticing a difference is the amount of data lost, i.e. you'll probably notice the difference between lossless file and a mp3 downloaded from a heavily compressed YouTube video (provided you have fitting equipment).
>>
Daily reminder that the human ear literally cannot tell the difference between lossless and 320kbps
>>
you probably can if you have good ass headphones, still who gives a fuck when half the shit now is lo fi and garbage recording quality
>>
>>71886641
Hearing the difference now isn’t the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is ‘lossy’. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA – it’s about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don’t want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.
>>
>>71886846
come back when you have hd600's with a schiit stack minimum
>>
>>71887290
Yep this guy has it right
>>
>>71887290
This is my favorite meme of all time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.