[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss the best (and the only perfect) Radiohead album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Let's discuss the best (and the only perfect) Radiohead album
>>
My favorite track on it is Subterranean Homesick Alien, with The Tourist being a close second.
>>
File: 1480987228631.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480987228631.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>71880776
>>
>>71880776
>>reddit
>>
>>71880776
Good opinion
>>71880686
Terrible opinion
>>
>>71880829
In Rainbows is the most Reddit/Tumblr Radiohead album by a significant margin.
>>
File: Piero_Scaruffi_2.jpg (7KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
Piero_Scaruffi_2.jpg
7KB, 209x204px
Without the hype Radiohead's In Rainbows (Radiohead, 2007) would simply be a mediocre attempt at making slightly adventurous classic rock music. Abandoning their pretenses of innovation and futurism, Radiohead returned to their rock roots with a guitar-driven album that features precious few electronic/digital effects. This is U2-style arena-rock for the 2000s. The syncopated blues-soul shuffle 15 Step the half-baked hard-rock of Bodysnatchers (reminiscent of pathetic attempts by the Beatles to reinvent themselves in the age of Cream) or Faust Arp, a Beatles-esque elegy that has been heard countless times in the history of pop music, are not only inferior material by any standard: they are plain amateurish. To make matters worse, the album includes a whole set of sub-pop ballads, from the slow Nude (a long unreleased song, originally titled Big Ideas) to the even more moronic All I Need and House of Cards.
Redeeming the album from utter mediocrity are Jigsaw Falling Into Place, by far the best song, the kind of feverish dance-rock that Inxs specialized in, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, a tender song a` la Coldplay that gradually builds emotioinal momentum, Reckoner, a languid soul lament over a hypnotic polyrhythm and a Moody Blues-esque string section, and finally the piano-driven Videotape, the melodic peak of the album and the one ballad that has something original to say. But it's way too little.
Any critic who hails this album as a masterpiece must be missing 99% of the music released in the same month.

>yfw he's completely right
>>
It would be their best if they actually fucking added the good b sides to the album and took out faust arp. Honestly, 10 fucking songs for a comeback rock album? when there was 4 perfect fucking b sides?!?!?!
>>
>>71880969
>15 step is decent math rock
>bodysnatchers is only "half baked" if you exclusively listen to aggressive noise
>"long" nude
The writer of this should listen to some post-rock if he thinks 5 minutes is "long"
>All I need is moronic
>not an argument

I think this isn't their best album by far by this writer actually has autism, and is indeed wrong
>>
>>71880686

that album is pretty gay.

I don't like the lyrics,
>I don't wanna be your friend I just wanna be your lover
>You're all I need, you're all I need

Fuck you THom and your sentimental trash.
>>
>>71880968
Whats wrong with reddit? They are so punny :)
>>
>>71880829
>I don't like it therefore it's reddit
>>
Reckoner is a top 5 Radiohead song. Objective fact.
>>
Weird Fishes is my favorite Radiohead song.

Fight me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.