[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the appeal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (3KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 259x194px
Whats the appeal?
>>
>musicianship that nearly reaches the same heights as the most acclaimed classical composers of the past centuries
>thought-provoking lyricism and imagery
I think that's more than enough appeal?
>>
>>71877328
>musicianship that nearly reaches the same heights as the most acclaimed classical composers of the past centuries

No youtube-tier jokes
>>
>>71877328
Epic b8 m8
>>
>>71877265
its loud
>>
>>71877265
Makes you want to destroy shit with a baseball bat. Reckless.
>>
>>71877265
School is tough
>>
Rock music with more thoughtful song structure and skilled musicianship. Same reason I like prog and math rock really. Also dissonance is nice.
>>
>>71877328
>>71877328
>>thought-provoking lyricism and imagery
>>71877328
LMAO what?? """""""""Singing""""""""" about muh aliens or muh spaceships isn't thought provoking lyricism.

The only reason to listen to metal is anger.
>>
Good to smoke weed to , stoner sludge metal is pretty good m8
>>
>>71877265
Catharsis, but also fun
>>
>>71878562
The only band that sings about space ships that i can think of is vektor.
>>
>>71878562
metal can be sad too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH6fHKJybGs
>>
>>71877265
Just like the way it sounds and the imagery,hard to say what the appeal is.Its not everyone's cup of tea.
>>
>>71878078
>t. What is dissonance
>>
>>71877265
I'm angry that I don't understand it, I want to be included.
>>
you cant put all metal into a box
there really isn't an appeal for your run-of-the-mill radio metal

start with the basics and the early stuff and move upwards from there
>>
>>71879734
You don't have to have deep knowledge of music to enjoy it, hell I don't understand most books I read but language is cool
>>
>>71879740
Yea I agree metal can range from light happy fantasy ballads like power metal,or aggressive fuzzed out screams like black metal
>>
metal is so diverse that asking "what's the appeal of metal?" really doesn't have a point. Ask "what's the appeal of *sub genre of metal* ?" or "what's the appeal of *metal band*?" and we will be glad to try to explain as best as we can
>>
>>71879734
It depends what kind of sounds do you enjoy ?
>>
>>71879734
start with iron maiden like everyone else
>>
>>71880047
I agree with this start with iron maiden
>>
>>71879974
>metal is so diverse

lmao
>>
>>71881560
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H9ZQSZ9G9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk
>>
>>71881733
Wait was that your argument lol
>>
/mu/ can't into actual good music, /mu/ can't into metal
simple as that
>>
>>71877265
You need at least some testosterone to enjoy metal
You will never understand it
>>
>>71881762
t. underage b8
>>
>>71881790
don't be a pretentious arrogant faggot, everyone hates us for that and it stops people from getting into metal
>>
>>71881849
>>71881791
this applies for you as well
>>
>>71881849
that's lucky for them then, they dodged a bullet there
>>
>>71881869
>not listening to an entire genre is dodging a bullet
how pleb, not at least trying to understand and enjoy every genre you know of
>>
>>71881791
every metalhead i know got bullied like shit at some point though. they either went insane or became the punching bag of the bully group.
>>
>>71881909
*subgenre

Nobody listens to all genres, not an argument.
>>
High concentration of fedoras in this thread
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.