[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Gojira ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (14KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 384x384px
What does /mu/ think of Gojira ?
>>
>>71873475
saw them live and their performance was flawless. they really deserve the success they're having
>>
>>71873475
Their tech death demo Possessed is absolutely crushing, and everything from that up to The Link was pretty damn good. Very heavy, primal sound with an almost tribal flair to the percussion. From Mars to Sirius was good too, but the production on that one just throws me off. Mario shined on TWoAF, but nobody else did, and Le Sausage had a few great riffs, but did nothing else to advance their sound. Magma is... fuck, I don't even want to get started on that one. It just blows my mind that it almost won them a Grammy.
>>
>>71873548
Haven't pirated the possessed ep yet, I agree that tera - the link has the sickest riffage and drumming. They both have this "organic" production that the later albums didn't have
>>
>>71873548
Pretty much this.
I've seen them live like 7 or 8 times and they nailed it every single time. But that last record was just so bad I've stopped considering myself a Gojira fan, and I know a lot of other people who feel the same.
>>
>>71873628
Oh hell no, I'm proud to show how much I appreciate what Gojira's put out in the past. Only the most vapid of human beings would dismiss them entirely for one or two mediocre records. I just think age has more of a factor on the quality of a bands' music than people realize, and the some handle it better than others. Gojira, and many other bands/artists, may well not have intentionally watered down their output for exposure or profit, but simply got older and lost their sense of composition and direction. It's just something that happens, and I can attest to that personally. A few bands rebound from it, but many others don't. Hopefully, they surprise us with the next one. I welcome evolution in music, and any other medium of art, but evolution implies improvement, and Magma just didn't improve on any initial aspect of their sound.
>>
>>71873475
American band pretending to be French to get the exotic appeal.

I avoid them just because the people I met who love this band disgust me, they usually are pretentious plebs who sneer at metal overall.

I remember enjoying The Link 10 years ago, tho.

>also muh whales flying in space
>>
>>71873695
>I avoid them just because the people I met who love this band disgust me, they usually are pretentious plebs who sneer at metal overall.
How are you able to live and breath?
>>
>>71873695
>I avoid them just because the people I met who love this band disgust me

Again, only the most vapid of human beings do this. An anonymous imageboard is a convenient place to pretend otherwise, but don't expect all of us to drink your piss and say it's gold.
>>
>>71873691
I'm not dismissing them entirely, I'm just saying I no longer like what they're doing.
>>
>>71873773
Thing is, it's like everybody else in this thread's said: They still kick ass live. They still do what they've always done well, it's just that creatively, they may be fatigued. That's not to say it's permanent, and I don't believe it is truth be told (Mario's just too good of a musician to stop contributing great music), but all I'm saying is that I'll never stop considering myself a fan. They've done great things, and that alone merits both support and constructive criticism.
>>
>>71873475
overrated
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.