[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Underrated Musicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Jason-Newsted-Metallica[1].jpg (44KB, 450x582px) Image search: [Google]
Jason-Newsted-Metallica[1].jpg
44KB, 450x582px
>>
File: eric judy.jpg (21KB, 496x343px) Image search: [Google]
eric judy.jpg
21KB, 496x343px
Bassists general?
>>
File: paul reynolds.jpg (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
paul reynolds.jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
>>71871538
invented a new style of guitar playing at age 17, which was then stolen and used as the entire basis for "The Edge's" whole career.
>>
>>71871640
Oh shit. I've never seen any one else talk about how he was pretty much proto-Edge. I don't think he stole anything, but the similarities in style and approach are interesting. too bad he quit the band so early on.
>>
>>71871773
yeah my guess is he didn't like all the bullshit associated with the entertainment industry, similar to Queen's bass player and a few more i can't think of atm.
>>
>>71871870
if i remember correctly, when the rest of the band moved to america, he got really homesick, with the stress of touring and had enough.
>>
>>71871870
I thought John Deacon retired because of Freddie's death and wanting to leave the legacy alone etc.

Off the top of my head Oasis lost both their guitarist and bassist because they hated the industry and touring process.
>>
File: please.jpg (3KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
3KB, 120x120px
>>71871890
I was a touring musician back around the early 2000's and I fucking hated it.
But I was playing other people's music.
Now I write my own shit and I'll eventually have to promote it at some point.
I just hope and pray I don't hate it like before, otherwise I literally have no purpose in life because I'm not married and I don't have any rug rats.
Wish me luck anon?
>>
>>71871565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fyYBXVaCU

primus sucks
>>
>>71871976
good luck with the monotony, are you any good at cards?
>>
>>71872010
if you count "go fish" as "playing cards' lol
>>
>>71871976
good luck my man. hope it makes you happy dude.
>>
>>71872024
if there's money to be made it's all good

seriously though I'd struggle a lot, wouldn't have the willpower to stay away from booze and drugs if you put me on a coach for months. hopefully you can
>>
>>71872076
what are you talking about anon?
booze and drugs are the only way to get through it!
And there will be plenty of that I'm sure.
At least for me, I'll be the band leader and I like my 2-5 beers after the show at night before bed.
>>
>>71872123
lel fair enough. what I should say is i'm a lightweight who'd overdo it and never be fit to perform. don't know how rock stars do it, hendrix used to take fucking LSD before gigs
>>
>>71872168
hendrix did absolutely take acid before gigs, but not even close to "every time" and sometimes he couldn't handle it and had to leave the gig like at one of The Fillmore nights when one of his managers was trying to sabotage Jimi's Band Of Gypsies project because the manager had financial interests with "The Jimi Hendrix Experience"
There's a interview on youtube with Buddy Guy talking about this.
You should look it up anon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.