[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with Dylan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Bob_Dylan_recent.jpg (3MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Dylan_recent.jpg
3MB, 2048x2048px
Where do I start with Dylan?
>>
Cronologicalmente
>>
Don't. He's the most overrated fuck to ever pick up a guitar, don't even bother
>>
idk I dont listen to dylan
>>
>>71866051
Cringe

Start with Bringing It All Back Home since it has great examples of both of his styles, his acoustic style and electric style. If you want acoustic music with more straightforward lyrics though, go with Freewheelin' Bob Dylan or The Times Are A-Changin'
>>
>>71866019
definitely start with his worst most hated shit and do everything you can to ignore his most acclaimed work
>>
Blonde on Blonde on Blonde on Blonde
>>
>>71866083
Pretty much this.

If you like the folkey stuff off of Bringing It All Back Home, you'd probably like more of his earlier stuff. Otherwise, you may enjoy the rest of his folk rock trilogy, being Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde.
>>
He had two main peaks, those being in the mid-60s and mid-70s.
>>
Blood on the Tracks. Then stop.
>>
>>71866019
He did an incredible Christmas album a few years back.
>>
With his first album, like you would with any other artist.
>>
>>71866083
This.

Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is GOAT

Girl from North Country is one of my all time favorite songs. Just simple, poignant, and pure.
>>
"I got started just at the right time to take advantage of folk music. Ten years earlier, I wouldn't have known what that was, and ten years later it was gone. Folk either got commercialized or it was killed off by the Beatles. I decided to be a songwriter. I couldn't be a hellfire rock-and-roller, but I could write hellfire lyrics."
>>
>>71866019
[spoiler] his only good album was his debut album [/spoiler]
>>
>>71866051
>Guitar
He's not playing jazz, you know? And who could possibly be behind this post?
>>71866065
>>
>>71866019
Highway 61, Blood on the Tracks, Bringing it all Back Home.

They're some of the best in his discography, has some recognizable songs (it's easy to think of those songs as just "hits", but songs like Mr Tambourine Man and Like A Rolling Stone are legitimately god tier) and feature some of his best lyrics coupled with some of his best written and arranged songs.
>>
>>71866051
This
>>
Or you could listen to Street-Legal and Infidels if you want to hear Dylan channel his inner /r9k/.

>Ah bloo bloo women suck so much woe is me
>>
if dubs he croaks this year
>>
File: large.jpg (19KB, 75x46px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
19KB, 75x46px
>>71866051
>>
Everything before Blonde on Blonde is GOAT!
Everything between Blonde on Blonde to Blood on The Tracks is definitely worth having/listening to even if 50% of it doesn't make sense lyric wise. After Blood on The Tracks you're either a die hard Dylan fan or just a casual listener who appreciates what he did in the past.
>>
>>71866843
angry cuck

>>71866019 (OP)
listen to tombstone blues, not any live version
>>
>>71866867
I'd say no in this case. His first album has practically no songwriting of his own, his "real" first album is Freewheelin'.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.