[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kanye - musical opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: kanye.jpg (43KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
43KB, 612x380px
>Been listening to oldschool hip hop for the past year
>trying to get into something more recent
>check out kanye
>really enjoy his stuff

What's /mu/s opinion on him?
Both as a person and a musician but mostly second.
>>
>>71852981
I mean, you're probably new, but /mu/ kinda likes this guy
>>
great producer, peaks at yeezus
>>
Him and Pepe are /mu/'s official mascots
>>
>>71852981
Kanye is /ourguy/ here on /mu/
>>
>>71852981
Kanye's best albums are The College Dropout and especially My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
>>
>>71852986
yeah i am new both to /mu/ and hip hop in general.

Does /mu/ like him as a meme tho or for real?

>>71853045
gonna check them out.
just got caught on niggas in paris and famous holy shit do i like those songs
>>
>>71852981
I honestly just hate looking at his face every time I go on /my/ now. I mean I don't hate the dude or anything, and I've only heard his music on The Chappelle Show. But I find him to be very overrated and he's probably a shitty human being because of his ego.
>>
>>71853995
nah he's flawless and you need to check his stuff out. He's one of the best artists to come from the 2000's. He's an interesting person with an ego, but I think his ego is somewhat justified even if his actions aren't. It sure makes for some interesting art though, pretty much all of his recent work wouldn't have happened it it weren't for his ego so it all works out.
>>
>>71853076
>Does /mu/ like him as a meme tho or for real?

Both
>>
>>71854038
I'll eventually cave in just to see what the hype is all about.
>>
>>71854229
You may or may not be disappointed, he's a generally pretty polarizing artist. You'll either think he's genius or think all of his stuff is shit. Hopefully you'll be on the right side of history and enjoy his stuff :)
>>
>as a musician

Kanye is, always has been, and always will be a producer first and everything else a distant second. His eye for talent IS his talent, and his ability to orchestrate said talent is damn impressive.
>>
>>71854229

The thing with Kanye is, at least up through My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, he's been a legitimate trendsetting force in hip-hop throughout the 00s and history WILL be kind to his first 5 records. However, after that it's kind of felt like the persona has taken over the person and modern Kanye is intriguing, but also wildly divisive. That's also true for MBDTF but at least then the schtick was fresh. If you aren't buying into the antics of the man behind the curtain then your mileage may vary after Graduation or 808s. But he definitely earned his wings, there's no denying that.
>>
>>71853076
Generally if they're a meme for more than just shitting on them (And even then) they like it.
>>
I kind of like The Life of Pablo. Idk why...
>>
There's nothing wrong with his making music, his albums, his legacy, or his personality because he's a human being like you and I. And if you think that's wrong - you're definitely wrong but emplore you to reply explaining how.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.