[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are metalheads such dickheads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: 1481501856613.gif (2MB, 360x414px) Image search: [Google]
1481501856613.gif
2MB, 360x414px
>shoegaze fans
>don't give a shit about your music taste, probably too busy crying and jerking off to devi ever
>hipsters
>might insult your music taste, but will probably just rec you shitty indie rock
>rap fans
>call your music fucking garbage, won't talk to you ever again
>metalheads
>will call you fucking garbage, will patronize you, will go on a long rant why today's music sucks and it's just pressing buttons on computers, if you try to argue with them they'll beat the shit out of you
not trying to generalize, but metalheads have always been conceded dicks to everyone who isn't them. am i wrong? discuss.
>>
That gif made me smile. Maybe I won't kill myself today after all.
>>
File: die.gif (506KB, 178x168px) Image search: [Google]
die.gif
506KB, 178x168px
>>71843944
I would yell at you for being off topic but i don't really want to see you die. I'll let it slide.
>>
>>71843895
That's strange. My experience has been the exact opposite. Most metalheads I know are some of the coolest mofos ever
>>
>>71843944
Things get better friend.

>>71843895
Metal is cool but some metalheads think it's the best genre and everything else is lesser or not as complicated. Basically a childrens mentality

metal is fun tho
>>
>>71844290
For me it's 50/50
>>
>>71843895
did you try talking to any metalheads above age of 15?
>>
File: IMG_2751.jpg (86KB, 702x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2751.jpg
86KB, 702x501px
That's an excellent question. When I figure it out I'll let you know.
>>
>>71843895
I was like that when I was around 16, honestly. I found my little "niche", and I was horribly insulted when anyone talked shit about metal. Then I grew up
>>
>>71844461
>>71844817

Really ? All the metalheads I know are really obnoxious about what they consider "good musical taste". I hate talking about music with them because they"ll wank metal bands to death (muh real instruments man, muhh real music!).

Most pop fans are fickle and shallow and don't care that much for the music but buy heavily into the image projected by the artist.

Hip hop fans are either of the dumb, dismissive and ignorant variety or are some of the most ecclectic and open minded people I know.

Rock fans in general either follow metalheads lead by being "lewronggenerationmusic", "rock is dead!" or actually listen to a variety of bands in their own little niche and have a good time.
>>
>>71845490
Sounds about right.

But I know some cool metalheads. Its like 50/50.
>>
It's hard to compare metal to a niche genre like shoegaze.
Metal is a huge genre with tons of sub-genres that are either mainstream or have some type of stigma so naturally it attracts a lot of plebs, manchilds and purists.
>>
>>71845490
Let me guess, they listen to tech/melodeaf?
>>
Metal fans can't fight for shit, bar butt/heavy metal dudes who listen to pantera/5 finger death punch etc, you know, tribal tattoos shaved head sorta dudes. All other metal subgenres are snowflakey skinny/chubby fags
>>
>>71843944
That dog has a disease anon. He didn't live long after this was recorded :^(
>>
>>71845808
This post made me smile. Maybe I won't kill myself today after all.
>>
>>71843895
t. nu-male
>>
As >>71844601 said, I experienced it 50/50 but most of the shitty metalheads were shitty towards other metalheads.
Otherwise, I know some of them call other styles gay but you don't have to be a metalhead to do that.

I knew a guy who would try to argue with you and yell at you if you listened to anything else than jazz. I love me some jazz but fuck you man.
>>
>>71845808
DANCE-DANCE TILL YOUR
DEAD
DEAD
DEAD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UcRtFYAz2Yo
>>
The only good metalheads ive encountered are ones irl, the ones in the youtube comments are under 15 years of age and the ones on the /metal/ board are massive hipsters.
>>
File: 1478018951899.jpg (53KB, 329x393px) Image search: [Google]
1478018951899.jpg
53KB, 329x393px
>>71846115
/meal/ only act that way so indie garbage and meme rap fans (/mu/) don't come and shit up the general with atmo faggotry or hipster meal like deafheaven.
>>
>>71846235
atmo > riffs
>>
File: t numale 2.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
t numale 2.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>71846247
t. numale
>>
>>71845791
Lot of those snowflakey skinny bastards can actually put up a dam good fight as long as the other guy is close to the same weight/size. I've watched a couple skinny fucks kick the shit out of a group of nonwhite semi jacked dudes at a mayhem concert.
>>
>>71843895
t. nu-male
>>
>>71846235
That happens though
>>
>>71846274
go back to ylilauta, bernd.
>>
>>71843895
What is the point of these threads?
> why are all people that like this are like this
> someone says that they know someone who isn't like that
the end

> oh i'm not trying to generalize
> but metalheads have always been conceded dicks
What the fuck? Did you take a blow to the head? Read those two sentences again and tell me that's not exactly what you're trying to do

inb4 t.metalhead
>>
>>71845490
Hip hop shitter detected
>>
>>71843895
>>71845490
t. nu-male
>>
>>71843895
>>71845490
t. gay nu-male couple
>>
>>71843895
another day another thread about metalhead butthurt
>>
>>71847188
What are you trying to say, comon now full sentences
>>
>>71843944

that dog definitely has a bad case of worms
>>
File: 1487710221939.jpg (1018KB, 1672x2084px) Image search: [Google]
1487710221939.jpg
1018KB, 1672x2084px
>>71843895
oh look another thread from some assblasted fag who came to /metal/ posting his shit pic related taste and got btfo, i love these
>>
>>71844817

https://youtu.be/rKRzAKslVYk

Black metal and death metal are a scourge even amongst metalheads. Try /altmetal/

>>71848298
>>
>>71843895
not my experience...probably just to those who start off calling them 'dickheads'
>>
>>71843895
Metal heads have no concept of actual true knowledge. They shut down young. They have firm self confirmed ideologies. They don't grow. I generalize. Off of those I met. They are the saddest least nutritious of the crop.
>>
>>71849484
I like all music from modern pop to fucking Erik Satie. Never met a true metal head who could host a non biased Convo about anything. Politics, ideas or musical taste. If you see black jeans a band shirt and a black sweater swallow your vomit and just fuck off from them
>>
>>71849554
Lest you become the metalhead yourself...
>>
>>71849554
Well the metalheads who are capable of holding a normal conversation don't dress like that, so you would never know what they listen to. I mean you have to be pretty oblivious to dress like them.
>>
>>71846274
Good rebuttal my man! You sure proved your point!
>>
>>71849484
>>71849554
t. nu-male
>>
>>71848084
I like a lot of these. Not going to pretend I am super alpha but I am the classic college athlete in appearance.
>>
>>71843895
You're right and you're a pussy who deserves to get beaten up for your shit taste
>>
>>71849607
Last metal head I dug I fucked. She was an ex metal head and had gotten into the more refined thoughts of an upper class where you can actually add definition. Her days as a metal slug were her hoeing around being hot cause she was aggressive. Lol. If that's metal. Okay. She liked and treated me as king Louis because I had pure unadulterated and non conformist thought. That was a reformed one. I'd rather singing elsewards. Metal heads are simpletons.
>>
>>71849724

>comparing women to men

kek
>>
IIT: people get upset about people with different opinions, then they have different opinions about those people they dislike and get upset about it
>>
>>71849634
Completely illogical. Way to prolongue idiocy on the net.
>>
>>71849741
You have not met many woman. Have you?
>>
>>71849777

checked and i have i just dont like them
>>
>>71849741
Anyhow I know band members in bands you would know. And metal heads in general. They are not much different from her. But muh machismo.
>>
>>71849724
>She was an ex metal head and had gotten into the more refined thoughts of an upper class where you can actually add definition
Damn dude, I wish I was as deep as you. You might want to work on that atrocious writing if you want to be seen as anything more than pretentious, though.
>>
>>71846274
Worked with a guy like this that had a slight lisp and was a Nintendo/Reddit fanboy.

Unbearable.
>>
>>71848084
4/7
>>
>>71843895
just look at this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvKf8ISuxg&t=2s
>>
>>71850243
>be at the pub
>this guy slaps your gf's ass
>don't do shit because skinny effeminate indiefag
>>
File: Nu meal rating.jpg (1MB, 1672x2084px) Image search: [Google]
Nu meal rating.jpg
1MB, 1672x2084px
>>71848084
Not a metal fan so I could only rate some
>>
>>71848084
this would almost be accurate except whoever made this also threw in albums that just held some sort of meme status, like gorguts, burzum, and chthe'ilist
>>
>>71850298
It's merely a mock chart. A lot of those albums are fine but it keeps the indiefags mad and the entry-level faggots away from /metal/
>>
>>71850298
about 1/4 of them are intentionally very un-nu-male albums

this chart gets posted in /metal/ regularly and people STILL to this VERY DAY fall for it
>>
>>71843944
(:
>>
The numale thing is a complete meme in the metal communnity. Yes, they do exist, but they dont listen to metal because it isnt a 'safe space'. Also, anyone who thinks that chart is what they listen to is full of shit, leviathan is literal wife beater core and phil anselmo of pantera is only slightly less white supremacist than varg. The chart was made to offend and bait the widest demographic, with sunbather and liturgy put on there to make it look kind of ligitimate as pitchforkfags and numales do kind of overlap. Also, artists like darkthrone and motorhead were not put on there only because the chart creator didnt want them to get memed to death because they were some of his favourite bands.
>>
>>71850298
Spoken like a true nu-male
>>
File: ''''''metalheads''''''''''.png (296KB, 500x1853px) Image search: [Google]
''''''metalheads''''''''''.png
296KB, 500x1853px
>>71843895
>>
>>71850703
It's funny cause as gimmicky as Babymetal are, they're still better than Rob's solo output
>>
Seconded.
>>
>>71850703
you think people who actually like metal listen to rob zombie?
>>
>>71850534
What is the nu-male movement? We must know it so that we can deny its advances when it comes to tempt us.

Nu-male is safe but progressive.
Nu-male is accessible but intolerant.
Nu-male is intellectual but facile.

Nu-male is a product invented from whole cloth, an unnatural academic foray into metal, adorned with stolen designs like a Christmas tree with baubles - and no less commercial. Nu-male is an appropriation of the sound of danger, and thus represents a marginalization and disenfranchisement of the progenitors and true artists that work with that sound. Nu-male does not celebrate its origin; nu-male uses its origin as the basis of a semantic fallacy in order to bootstrap its own agenda into legitimacy. The often-mocked term applied to it is actually entirely accurate: nu-male is untrue. It is false. It is a sheep in wolfs' clothing. It is a cultural assault perpetrated on a genre that is already made defenseless by way of its own defense: the isolation from the mainstream. With no representative in popular culture, the industry and critic complex are free to plunder the vaults of true metal, cobble together whatever disarmed Frankenstein's monster they please and sell it to the general public as a morally safe and forward-thinking product - as socially or artistically "acceptable" metal.

True metal is not acceptable. It is a hate crime.
>>
>>71850534
If you weren't numale you wouldn't have had to go on a whiny tirade of epic length to try to distance yourself from it. Get over it.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.