[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you fuck with more? Who has the better songs/projecrs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 9

File: big_1469376618_image.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big_1469376618_image.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Who do you fuck with more?

Who has the better songs/projecrs?
Who is better overall?

>Inb4 dad rap fans moan in thread about mumbles and bring back miracle spiritual hip hop.
>>
>>71842213
projects*
>>
Lil Uzi is clearly the best out of this whole new wave and it's not even close

He doesn't hide behind irony like Yachty

He doesn't actually just suck like 21 savage

He doesn't have downs like Dex

Uzi has the trifecta of good yet somewhat different production, catchiness, and image

I'm also pretty sure he has more material than Yachty? Not saying he's better because of it but it definitely makes it easier to have more good songs

Lil Uzi Vs the World was a good project
Luv is Rage was a good project
1017 was kind of trash ngl, but that was because the beats were too middling between gucci and uzi
The Perfect Luv Tape had some duds but overall had some nice additions to Uzis catalog

The Real Uzi is good if you want to hear Uzi actually rap theres some cuts on there

He has a ton of songs floating around that didnt get put on any projects that are pretty good, such as some of the ones he did with Kur
>>
>>71842279
Plus Uzi just dropped SOTY in XO TOUR LLIFE.

I think Uzi is better overall. But im not sure I could put any of his projects above Lil Boat.
>>
I'm not a huge fan of either one of them but Uzi is clearly better than Yachty.
>>
>>71842306
I Could and very easily too

Some of those beats are so low effort its sad

Yachty hides behind irony which I dislike a lot, it shows that he's afraid to stand by his art.

The beats aren't good either, the intro is a perfect example

>generic lex luger snare in 2016

no thanks
>>
>>71842363
I think Lil Boat is the most characteristic and conceptual. Thematically it feels a lot tighter and more consistent. Uzi projects often feel messy and heavily fluctuating in catchiness and quality.
>>
Yachty can spit a better verse but Lil Uzi Vert vs The World is much better than Lil Boat.
>>
LUV is better but normies ride Yachty's dick way more. I listen to Yachty only when he's featured on someone else's work
>>
Yachty is much better. Before XO Tour lif3 uzi couldn't even write a cohesive song. Literally just ad libs. Plus Lil Boat was trap album of the year and uzi vs the world was bad.
>>
>>71842306
I haven't listened to any of uzis shit before XO TOUR LIFE and I loved it. Anything like that in his other shit?
>>
>>71842279
>He doesn't hide behind irony like Yachty
holy shit you are dumb. nothing about yachty is ironic get off the internet its ruining you.
>>
>>71842492
this desu
>>
LUV is miles ahead of Yachty at the moment. Yachty has always been trash, and has shown he doesn't give a shit about the music so he won't evolve as an artist and lil boat will be the only noteworthy album he releases, meanwhile Uzi has only gotten better and actually care about the genre and isn't afraid to bear his feelings on a record and because of that Uzi has the SOTYSF.
>>
>>71842213
Lol if you listen to Uzi or Yachty you're a fucking sheep now if you excuse me im gonna listen to Hopsin and Tech N9ne now.
>>
haven't listened to uzi but lil boat the mixtape is fire, it's impossible for me to grow tired of it
>>
>>71842548
>You are dumb
>Literally has NO ARGUMENT TO SPEAK OF

Why is it then when anons don't have a point they always just go for insults?

Yachty is very clearly ironic, much in the same way Lil B was before him, someone who was a huge influence on Yachty.
>>
>>71842213
Both are bad

Watch the nardwuar, Lil Uzi is literally a manlet that grew up listening to my chemical romance

Lil Yachty is a fake ass bitch that is effeminate in interviews yet totally contradicts himself in his music
>>
>>71842492
>Couldn't even write a cohesive song

I've never actually listened to Lil Uzi's music: the post

>Lil Boat was trap album of the year

disgusting
>>
Joey Purp is better than all of them
>>
Lil Uzi Vert made Team Rocket (and it's not even his best song)
So I will always fuck wit his music
>>
File: black kodak.jpg (48KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
black kodak.jpg
48KB, 1080x608px
>expecting him to be the worst
>ends up being the best out of the New Wave
>>
>>71843314

and Yachty's music is always hit or miss.

Uzi Forever
>>
>>71843166
>Yachty is very clearly ironic, much in the same way Lil B was before him, someone who was a huge influence on Yachty.
explain how he is ironic. i want a laugh
>>
>>71843396
but mostly misses
>>
>>71843405
Have you listened to minnesota?

Are you implying that isn't supposed to be ironic? That you didn't burst out laughing when you first heard it?

He's just that genuinely terrible?
>>
>>71843381
>fucked catch me outside girl

Jail when?
>>
>>71843405
>lil yachty isn't ironic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251cxou3yR4
>>
>>71843429
>>71843456
ony has two formal uses that are not as common in general prose as its more casual uses. One refers to Socratic irony—a method of revealing an opponent’s ignorance by pretending to be ignorant yourself and asking probing questions. The other refers to dramatic irony or tragic irony—an incongruity between the situation in a drama and the words used by the characters that only the audience can see. Socratic irony is a tool used in debating; dramatic irony is what happens when the audience realizes that Romeo and Juliet’s plans will go awry.

The third, and debated, use of irony regards what’s called situational irony. Situational irony involves a striking reversal of what is expected or intended: a person sidesteps a pothole to avoid injury and in doing so steps into another pothole and injures themselves. Critics claim the word irony and ironic as they are generally used (as in, “Isn’t it ironic that you called just as I was planning to call you?”) can only apply to situational irony, and uses like the one above are more properly called coincidence.

how is any of those songs relating to those terms?
>>
>>71843482
>I just learned the definition of irony from my professor
or
>look at my google powers

I can use google as well

Funnily enough, you couldn't see that a synonym for irony is SATIRE and MOCKERY

Which is what Lil Yachty's music is

Intentionally bad as a mockery of this generation of rap music. and a satirical take on it if you wish to call it that. Like Lil B's satire of rap.

Hence Lil yachty's hiding behind the irony (SATIRE or MOCKERY, is that better for you anon?) of his music to avoid actual expression.

The difference is Lil B is talented and yachty is not. Yachty knows that he can't make good music, so he intentionally makes bad music as both a mockery of the "game" and the fans.
>>
>>71843671
das tragic if true
>>
>>71843671
>Yachty knows that he can't make good music, so he intentionally makes bad music as both a mockery of the "game" and the fans.
why is he music bad? when fans and critics consider it good. theres plenty of examples of bad hip hop that never made a breakthrough "jj icefish" "50 tyson" but always flop after the shock value weared off.

i would also like examples on how any of his lyrics are as you say SATIRE and MOCKERY.
>>
>>71843703
The man has red braids, it's obviously an ironic persona

If not, then I genuinely think he may be retarded. But I doubt it, seems above average in intelligence to me.
>>
Why do people pretend trap isn't complete fucking trash?
>>
XO TOUR LIFE SOTY

Next to Chanel
>>
>>71843727
Fans considered Poison good, does that make them good?

>I would like examples of this that and the third

Bro if you can't see the blatant irony in his whole persona then I can't help you. I'm not gonna spell it out for you. Like I said, he's either being ironic or he's actually mentally challenged (which he's not).

>Why is the music bad

Here we fucking go. Another
>Music is objective!!!!
argument

If you can't hear why a song like Minnesota is bad then I have nothing to say to you. Yes I'm aware that some people like it, some people also like to murder people. Some people like ham and bananas. Some people like to be vomited on. Some people like to drown puppies. Some people like Foreigner.
>>
>>71843774
Thousand layers of irony
>>
>>71843817
Which is what rustles me jim jams about this >>71843727
>>71843482
>>71843405
anon pretending it's not ironic
>>
>>71843807
>If you can't hear why a song like Minnesota is bad then I have nothing to say to you.
why can't you just point out the lyrics and tell me why its satire for you. its a simple question that you refuse to backup.

>Bro if you can't see the blatant irony in his whole persona then I can't help you.
so you don't know why its ironic then? he can't simply enjoying doing things that you deem as uncool without being ironic?

again show me lines from his songs that are satire like you say it is.
>>
>>71843807
*subjective rather

my b my b
>>
>>71843844
You're just playing dumb

>Why can't you spoonfeed me daddy
>>
>>71843844
I never said he was uncool, projecting a little bro?

Is lil yachty your rapper hero and if I attack him it's a direct attack to you and your coolness?

The chance that he might be -gasp- not taking himself seriously and mocking everyone?
>>
>>71843872
you made the claim hes ironic why can't you back it up?
>>71843896
>The chance that he might be -gasp- not taking himself seriously
i agree on that but where is the proof hes mocking everyone?
>>
>>71843923
So you're telling me Lil Yachty intentionally makes music that bad?

Even acknowledging Lil B as a huge influence?

Okay man, I would love to write you a thesis on why Lil Yachty is ironic but I'll just leave it at that. If he ISN'T being ironic, and his music is just that bad? That's a bad sign
>>
>>71843964
>So you're telling me Lil Yachty intentionally makes music that bad?
whos saying his music is bad besides you? hip hop community is quick to dismiss trash, so why does yachty have a career then?

>Okay man, I would love to write you a thesis on why Lil Yachty is ironic but I'll just leave it at that. I
i doubt you can. if you can't even point out one song that displays mockery and satire.
>>
>>71844011
>hip hop community is quick to dismiss trash
Anyone who isn't retarded has already dismissed Yachty and most other trap artists.
>so why does yachty have a career then?
There's plenty of successful popular music that's complete trash.
>>
>>71844083
>Anyone who isn't retarded has already dismissed Yachty and most other trap artists.
like who?????

>There's plenty of successful popular music that's complete trash
thats true but again the hip hop community is quick to dismiss trash and one hit wonders. whats O.T. Genasis doing again?
>>
>>71844126
>like who?????
Me
>thats true but again the hip hop community is quick to dismiss trash and one hit wonders
Ok but hip hop can be consumed by people outside of the hip hop community. To the average normie it doesn't really matter if hardcore fans dismiss something.
>>
>>71842213
barely heard any of them

i kinda like 1night and broccoli

i always stop bad and boujee before lil uzi starts singing

my opinion is clearly the most important
>>
>>71842363
Bullshit, re-produce me Baby Are You Home and I'll believe you.
>>
>>71844439
I was talking Yachty not Uzi
>>
>>71844852
Did you listen to the Lil Boat mixtape? I think you're wrong man, he's got some very nice shit on there.
>>
Uzi's albums are typically trash. Perfect Love Tape is a 1/10
>>
both kinda shit but uzi is okay at making hooks at least
you dont really have to be a dadrap anti mumble fag to not like these guys anyway, ill listen to almost anything thugger or future release but yachty and co dont really seem to put much into their music
>>
>>71842213
Yachty by miles
>>
>>71842213
Idgaf but you niggas need to fuck with my nigga Big Baby.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwvokQuk5g
>>
>>71845585
7 years too late to experience fame, very good song though
>>
>>71842279
>>71843456
explain how yachty hides behind irony, obviously he has a lot of unserious and jokey songs, but that doesn't mean he isn't commited to his art and that he can't make serious music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UazfS1IkcI
>>
>>71845775
I was memeing. It's nerd rap with a nerdy sample (that last sentence kind of sounds like Yachty)

The songs from 2012 and the sample was released in 2011. So 5 years too late, but I doubt he'd ever be famous eitherway
>>
>>71842492
yeah you obviously haven't listened to the real uzi then.
>>
>>71842512
Hi roller is good
>>
>>71845881
terrible
>>
uzi is fucking garbage.
>>
>>71843774
where can I find electronic music with an exhibition of 808 drums that hit as hard as trap? juke/footwork is the only thing that rivals it. plus trap is the most rhythmically interesting style of hip-hop.
>>
>>71846019
not an argument
>>
>>71846054
It's clearly comically generic and trash

>I don't get irony hurr durrrrr
>>
>>71846086
>It's clearly comically generic and trash
if its generic post a similar song
how is it irony again? could you point out some examples in his lyrics?
>>
>>71846086
>implying enjoying something ironically doesn't immediately cancel out the irony
at that point, you're simply enjoying it. this is why you are retarded when you keep throwing that word around it's impossible to enjoy something ironically
>>
This thread is filled with Alanis Morisettes who don't know what irony is.
>>
>>71846110
It's not impossible to enjoy something ironically

literally NEVER said that

What's up with defensive faggots and their strawmen?

>>71846102
Again, if you don't understand the irony behind Lil Yachty's whole persona and music then I don't know what to tell you.

Go through any Wiz khalifa project and there's like 5 beats in them that sound like that

>hurrr durrr spoonfeed me daddy I need a thousand different proofs as to why something is x

You clearly have no discernment in your ears or the second more likely proposition is you're shilling violently, which is why you have 0 concept of irony and need to be spoonfed as to why something is ironic.

IF you can acknowledge someone like Lil B is ironic and can't make that connection to Lil yachty being ironic then you simply lack the brainpower to do so. I'll repeat myself again. I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you if you are willfully ignorant to the absolute fact of Lil Yachty being ironic.
>>
>>71846146
>I don't know that irony can be a synonym for mockery and satire: the post

This thread is filled with shills who pretend they enjoy lil yachty
>>
>>71846195
>I'm not going to spoonfeed it to you if you are willfully ignorant to the absolute fact of Lil Yachty being ironic.
because you have zero proof besides you thinking everybody objectively thinks likes you.
pick any of his songs and showcase proof of his lyrics being ironic.
all you have done is repeat anecdotal fallacy like a dumbass.

>Go through any Wiz khalifa project and there's like 5 beats in them that sound like that
post one
>>
>>71846227
>SPOONFEED ME PLEASE I CAN'T RECOGNIZE GENERIC MELODIES PLEASEEEE DADDY SPOONFEED ME

>he had won over the youth and his movement went deeper than being an ironic, internet sensation.

What's that, a music writer noticed that he was being ironic too?

So I'm not the only one?

So a person who writes about music for a living notices this too?

WOW
>>
>>71846195
putting little effort into one's work ≠ irony you fucking moron. and so you're saying his music is purposely bad, but many others would argue that the production and his vocals sound good. you're mistaking not giving a fuck with irony and it's sad to see
>>
The Battle of Yachty's Irony is the most reddit teir white battle since the thread arguing over why Blond sucks
>>
>>71846195
>IF you can acknowledge someone like Lil B is ironic
lil b has made statements against this very thought. once again, having fun and showing putting little effort into one's work does not mean the art will be bad nor ironic. you are quite thick
>>
>>71846302
Seriously.

Yachty likes the shit that he makes, his lyrics are fun, and if you didn't like the Lil Boat mixtape, you should go back to listening to Tupac in an echo-chamber.

Same goes for Savage, Uzi, X, Ugly God, etc.
>>
File: thugga.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
thugga.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
i like one yachty song and i like one uzi song

but i like three (3) young thug albums.
>>
kodak has the god like hooks but his raps are whack as fuck.

uzi has good hooks raps are okay

21 savage, yatchy, and designner are whack.

I wish Swae Lee did more solo shit. dude could probably drop a killer rnb album
>>
>>71846302
t. centrist

>>71846286
>many others would argue

Whomst?

13 year olds?

Dipshits (really shills) like you?

It's intentionally bad. That's being ironic

>Ha ha get it guys it's bad but I'm just joking this is all a big joke

If you unironically enjoy minnesota I assume you still enjoy listening to lullabies
>>
>>71846309
Lil B also said he looks like ellen DeGeneres, does that make it true?
>>
>>71846346
>It's intentionally bad. That's being ironic
ah yes so the producers slaving away making beats for him are just giving him nothing but shitty beats. are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>71846346
>Ha ha get it guys it's bad but I'm just joking this is all a big joke
how is it a bad song?
>>
>>71846343
Slim Jxmmi holds Swae back so much.

>>71846329
Thugger the god. Dude gets jewels from the prince of Dubai? Jesus christ.
>>
>>71846309
>Having fun

>>71846320
>Seriously guys Yachty likes the shit he makes (I think I have no idea I just assume so because he probably said it in an interview) and it's SO FUN YEAHHH FUN

>And if you didn't like lil boat you need to go listen to real rap

If you liked lil boat you might have downs

Honest to god trash music and what a shocker its done intentionally.
>>
>>71846360
wow dude never thought about that. in that case, you proclaiming he's ironic doesn't make it true either you fucking idiot
>>
>>71846373
>slaving away

nigger have you heard minnesota? that beat took 10 minutes to make tops

You obviously know NOTHING about production because his beats tend to painfully simple and use the same kits everyone else is using
>>
>>71846413
And you're proclaiming it's not doesn't either.

Everyone knows Lil B is being ironic you fucking idiot. Is denial of reality the new thing here on /mu/?
>>
>>71846409
>Seriously guys Yachty likes the shit he makes
yep his producers must really love spending their time making beats they just hate and think are horrible. once again, little effort does not equate bad or ironic art but you enjoy not reflecting on that. and enjoy thinking your opinion is objective because it's hilarious to see retards like you exist
>>
yah yah yeh yah yeah
>>
>>71846451
>Everyone knows Lil B is being ironic you fucking idiot.
little effort does not equate irony why are you idiots this fucking stupid
>>
>>71842213
"fuck with more"?
>>
>>71846467
Right because people never cashed in on gullible idiots like you to make some money. That has never happened EVER.

That's why Tyler the Creator makes beats like furb set anthem, because he thinks they're fucking flames and he wasn't just JOKING AROUND
>>
>>71846451
>Everyone knows Lil B is being ironic you fucking idiot.
hes not hes just terrible but a nice guy who wants a better world.
>>
>>71846409
>I think I have no idea I just assume so because he probably said it in an interview

Really? Because he did say it, multiple times, in a few interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kAw9XxhlCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyqcrHW-CuU

You're literally just mad he made some catchy music that you don't like. Sorry, but Lil Boat is good shit, fun to listen to, and very well produced. If you think otherwise you're either a sad old head, or you didn't listen to the tape. Because it has some of the best and most unique mixtape production that's been seen in a while.
>>
>>71846488
I don't listen to lil yachty
also, 'joking around' does not equate to ironic or bad art btw you guys really love ignoring this fact
>>
>>71846495
http://www.cypherleague.com/features/the-audacity-of-joke-how-lil-b-and-his-satire-raps-influence-the-game/

Hmmm SATIRE?!!

"He has brought a genuine self aware smile and sense of sarcastic irony to a game full of serious gangsters."

HMMMMM

You keep saying low effort as if it has any pull in this conversation when it does not

You'd be the type to say Andy Kaufman was really being serious because he said it wasn't a joke

>>71846498
You just proved my point, you heard it in an interview so to you = true and, in regards to my previous reply, yes I'm aware that I myself am quoting an article for a point. But you stupid fuckheads are acting like no one has ever claimed lil b was being ironic EVER, when EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS BEING IRONIC

Anyways You're one of those people who believe whatever a celebrity says

>SEE GUYS!!! HE SAID HE HAS FUN SO HE HAS FUN!!
>SEE GUYS!! KANYE SAID HES A GENIUS SO HE IS ONE

>Some of the best and most unique production

citation needed

>very well produced

Citation needed

Or ill be like you "post examples hurr durrrr"
>>
>>71846568
>You just proved my point, you heard it in an interview so to you = true and, in regards to my previous reply, yes I'm aware that I myself am quoting an article for a point
actual fucking moron confirmed lmfao
>>
>>71844170
Yachty is a better rapper than uzi,his music isnt ironic at all. Just because he has a sense of humor with his craft doesnt make him trash.Uzi just happens to be catchy
>You still have yet to provide proof
https://genius.com/Lil-uzi-vert-uppin-downers-soundcloud-rappers-only-lyrics
>59 times
>>
>>71846592
>I have literally NO ARGUMENT TO SPEAK OF: the post
>>
>>71846602
Can you quantify something as being ironic?

Do I post a lil b songs lyrics and say "yes here he is being ironic"

Or do you just understand that he's trash purposefully? And people who don't tend to be fucking retarded?
>>
>>71846607
coming from the man that just voided his own argument in his last reply? you really are so fucking dumb holy shit lmfao.
the only fact is this: 'joking around' does not equate to ironic or bad art. sorry. you're free to keep ignoring this though
>>
>>71842213
>fuck with

Jesus Christ, someone using the term unironically.
>>
>>71846640
I didn't void my argument, I used as a point to show I'm not the only one who thinks he is being ironic

No reading comprehension from a yachty fan, color me surprised
>>
>>71846568
>ou just proved my point, you heard it in an interview so to you = true and, in regards to my previous reply, yes I'm aware that I myself am quoting an article for a point. But you stupid fuckheads are acting like no one has ever claimed lil b was being ironic EVER, when EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS BEING IRONIC

Either you're on a whole nother level of trolling, or you're actually retarded. And I'm thinking it's definitely the ladder but I have been wrong before.

Have you never took pride or loved your work before? Sorry you can't sense the genuinity behind the artist. But you do know these people all love what they do and the music they make? The only person who bags on their own shit is Ugly God, everyone else really likes what they do and take pride in it in their own ways. Lil Yachty is great, he's got good fans, and is a good person with the cutest little heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id4WiW2uJww

Just listen to him on v-files, he's adorable, and his other interviews where he's more serious, he definitely cares.
>>
dex >>>>> all
>>
>>71846640
Never said joking around = irony

I'm saying being intentionally terrible and satirical is

And Lil Yachty is that
>>
>>71846661
>I didn't void my argument, I used as a point to show I'm not the only one who thinks he is being ironic
you made a point by the very means by which you disregard the anon's point you have to be either underage, retarded, or both
>>
>>71846672
This is absolutely fucking true, Dex is ahead of the curve right now.
>>
>>71846684
>I'm saying being intentionally terrible and satirical is.
>And Lil Yachty is that
sauce?
>>
>>71842645
Exactly this. Yachty was fun for like 15 minutes but Uzi is clearly the one with real, long-term potential as an artist.
>>
>>71846669
>the ladder
>Genuinity

That's all we needed to hear, it's over folks

>the fact that this person has been calling me retarded this whole time

ahahahahahahahaahahaha
>>
>>71846631
Even if he is ironic it doesnt make Uzi better just because.If you cant quantify irony how does yachty qualify?
>>
File: 1475949253201.jpg (34KB, 492x461px) Image search: [Google]
1475949253201.jpg
34KB, 492x461px
>>71846568
>citation needed for something subjective
>>
>>71846688
Watch this

>anon attempts to insinuate I'm the only one who thinks this
>boom here's someone else who does

>"Lil yachty likes the shit he makes"
>I say, I assume you heard that in an interview of his, so you assume it's true because he said it
>he says, "I did!!" as if that was proving me wrong somehow? even though it was just proving my assumption correct

There is a huge difference here

I'm backing up my point with proof someone else (and a ton of fucking people if you're not sheltered) know inherently, Lil B Is being ironic

And he acted as if his point was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.

Again, we're getting into subjective vs objective territory but if it's not completely obvious that Lil B is being satirical then I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU.
>>
>>71843774
It's pretty bad, but if you're in college right now--the sort of college where the student body generally has no interest in art--trap is unavoidable. So you learn to love it.
>>
>>71846722
oof, I'm the retard but you're aiming right at amphiboly and making shit up in your head. I wish you could enjoy Lil Yachty and see the fun and art in it, and how he does take pride in his music.
>>
>>71846728
Lil Yachty's irony = subjective

See where this is going?

You asked for proof but it's just subjective bro!!!
>>
"Mumble rappers need to make better music."
-Pete Rock
>>
>>71846807
>
And he acted as if his point was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.
>he acted as if his point was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.
>acted as if his point was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.
>as if his point was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.
>his point was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.
>was true BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.
>BECAUSE yachty says it. That doesn't make it true.

I applaud you, this is some fantastic mental gymnastics. I just don't get how an artist could be ironic if he says in multiple interviews and venues that he loves the shit he makes.
>>
>>71846841
>I wish you could enjoy trash that hides behind a facade of irony

No thanks

I'm sure Jefferson Starship took pride in their music too
>>
>>71846811
I like vaportrap but that's about the only trap I like.
>>
>>71846905
You're entitled to your opinion, but to say his music is ironic and he doesn't love making it and think it's art? You're wrong entirely.
>>
>>71846897
>People never lie

Thanks for proving my point

Aphex Twin NEVER lied right guys?

Loving something also =/= being ironic or not
>>
File: 1485388150161.jpg (15KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1485388150161.jpg
15KB, 298x298px
>>71846923
That's insane, I can't believe people lie all the time.
>>
>>71846807
>we're getting into subjective vs objective territory
that's where we've been the entire time and why you look so much like a fucking moron lmfao keep sweating and finding "articles" to support your own interpretation (which is all it is) that lil b is being ironic and not sincerely making music he finds enjoyable and humorous. and, once again:
little effort music ≠ irony ≠ bad art (even if you think the artist has purposely made it bad as if there is an objective standard he is following)
>>
>>71846950
But he literally didn't make anything he didn't sincerely want to? You're gonna have to give me something that shows that he said that or otherwise. And for what you think is subjectively bad to you, could be subjectively good for others. I don't understand why you think your precedence sets the ruling for what people consider art and what they like.
>>
>>71846983
>And for what you think is subjectively bad to you, could be subjectively good for others.
this is exactly what my post is saying..
>>
>That's where we've been

no

we've been in the very objective fact of Lil Yachty's and Lil B's irony

You keep trying to pick my argument apart but conveniently ignore posts.

You clearly struggle with the definition of irony

>>71846944
No we should take everything rappers say as absolute truth NO EXCEPTIONS
>>
>>71846329
wasn't one of those watches fake
>>
>>71847011
But it's not. You're saying that the music is subjectively bad, because it's ironic and satire. When we're saying, that's not a reason to disqualify the music as art or otherwise, that people have their own taste, and on top of that I'm saying that Lil Yachty loves his music, and regardless of your interpretation of it, until the 100% fact that he has said multiple times in multiple places, to multiple people that he loves the music he makes, there's not even a reason you could possibly put him under an ironic label. Until there is a 1% dent in that 99%, this is on the same tier as earth is flat. It just doesn't make sense.

All I've gathered from this argument, is that there's a mentally retarded anon on the /mu/ board who is incredibly upset that Lil Yachty loves what he makes, that people love his music, and that is an art, regardless of if you think it's good or not. What people do to their music to make it sound good whether it be in simplicity or complexity, in well produced, or distorted, does not change the subjective creativity of the music that is consumed in the fashion of art. Anything from playing the c note 5 times and singing over it, to playing Bach Symphony 5., too distorted vocals on an Avenged Sevenfold record is artist intention and sound that they chose, and that's not being ironic or otherwise.
>>
>>71847122
>>71846983
>>71846950

>These confused anons are so bad at debate they are arguing when they agree with each other
>>
>>71847177
I think you're the one that's being ironic here desu. If you're not though, please seek mental evaluation. You did at least 5 mental gymnastics.
>>
>>71847122
>The guy who references Avenged Sevenfold is a yachty fan

Color me surprised X2

>Incredibly upset

Ahhh yes, u mad, the last resort of the failing debater
>>
>>71847195
Are you the one who makes up words or the one who didn't understand what irony was from the get go?
>>
File: ebin.jpg (38KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
38KB, 390x470px
>>71847208
>HE TOOK THE SEVENFOLD BAIT

I KNEW I COULD CATCH YOU WITH THAT SHIT, FUCK, NIGGA LOST THE DEBATE HIMSELF, LMFAO. EMBARRASSING NIGGA. You probably wanted me to post some pretentious Kraut-rock sounding shit, dusty ass. This shit is over, you never had anything to debate anyway, but man, what an embarrassing ass way to go out.

>>71847223
And you must be the schizo one that trust no one and keeps flip flopping every post to try to make his argument right, since I got rid of the retard.
>>
>>71847294
>I lost a debate because I pointed out something you said

Interdasting

>schizo for not believing celebrities

Yo word to Soulja boy you know his watches real asf.

>flip flopping

Stayed consistent over here actually

You however have either been making up words or didn't even know there was more definitions to irony than you thought
>>
>>71847346
Sit down lmfao

>points out something I said
>gets mad when I point out something they said because they can't defend their selves especially on a perfectly good argument they can't refute, and made no effort to create an intelligent post in response to mind, and instead resorted to the lowest common denominator of user valuing by getting upset over a call of a band like Avenged Sevenfold
>they get even more mad I caught them on a bait because I knew there dumbass ego couldn't stand a A7x poster shitting on them.

Crine, you ain't shit nigga lmfao
>>
>>71847346
You're literally just not a fan of the music and want everyone else to not be a fan of the music. And you're trying to do it through retarded shit arguments. Because you can't convince people what music sounds good to them and what doesn't through words. So continue being butthurt, when I stop at Starbucks, be sure to put an extra pump of vanilla in it, and I'll be sure to put an extra pump in your mom, fun hating cuck.
>>
Uzi and Designer will be the most successful of the short bus rappers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_IbIMUbh-k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWL_hD26tUA
>>
>>71847406
>>71847406
>perfectly good argument

Lol where tho???

Ahh yes
>u mad

The sign of Someone desperately gripping on to their losing argument.

>>71847442
>I'm The Cuck
>you're the yachty fan

Projecting much friendo?

I don't care if you are a yachty fan, it's just very clearly ironic which has been my point this entire time

>retarded shit arguments

You're clearly underage talking like that
Back to your lullaby trap with you
>>
>>71847406
Oh shit lol
>there dumbass ego
>there

Lmaoooooo like shooting fish in a barrel
>>
File: 1487092250277.jpg (126KB, 441x784px) Image search: [Google]
1487092250277.jpg
126KB, 441x784px
>>71842213
never listened to either, have no plans to, but i thought this picture would be relevant, funny how it so closely matches the last line
while i was looking for this pic to post, my friend sent me a blurry snap of someone with red dreads with the caption "lil trashy... i mean lil yachty???". spooky.
>>
>>71847515
yuh yuh yuh yuh yuh
oohh
oohh
now he wanna fuck with my crew (crew)
pulling fallacies is all he know how to do (do)
he can't win a debate with a draco, pew (pew pew)
I just ruined this niggas career, I ain't even sweating, whew (whew)

>>71847489
these is shit arugments (argue?)
you can't come up with that a few that make sense (huh?)
you straight mad yachty making more than ya cents (cha shing)
you hate sad, should do something better in that basement of your parents (daddy)
just electrocuted your ass, mike pence (aye)
>>
>>71847617
>I lost so I better try to be funny
>>
>>71847656
>I have shit arguments and keep getting shit on
gonna cry little nigga?
>>
>>71847449
>man who the fuck picked this lil sorry ass beat
lel
>>
File: 1488202132629.png (167KB, 347x359px) Image search: [Google]
1488202132629.png
167KB, 347x359px
>>71843166

>complaining about others not having arguments when OP just said 21 savage just sucks and dex has downs

Real compelling arguments worthy of serious discussion.
>>
File: 42-img2--david-di-michelangelo.gif (98KB, 339x404px) Image search: [Google]
42-img2--david-di-michelangelo.gif
98KB, 339x404px
why would someone have all the work to put out an album, videos and touring just to be ironic

obviously this guy knows nothing about how music works
>>
>>71847663
>u mad

Yes yes keep trying to hold on, we both know it's over

>there

Lmaoooooo
>>
>>71847981
your right, been over since your first post, no argument having ass lol. First thing you've been right about this thread, insane.
>>
>>71847966
>money isn't a thing

Also

>you just don't understand

Please tell us the inner workings of the music industry oh great guru
>>
>>71847995
>your

Can't make this stuff up folks ahahhah
>>
creative people who search for new aesthetics just do whatever the fuck they think, experiment ideas, including humor, music and visual art
this guy just thinks that being weird is bad so that "must" be ironic, so that show he doesnt have an open head for new ideas

;)
>>
>>71848024
>he keeps taking my baits and reusing his fallacy
nigga just cant stop losing
>>
>>71848033
>>71848033
>this guy thinks that being weird is bad

Never said that. Please point out where exactly I said that? Nowhere? Okay then

This is what argument losers do. They try to put words in your mouth because otherwise they have literally nothing to say.
>>
>>71848053
>"I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>71848087
I've been reading this thread.

What actually is your argument? Your full word for word argument.
>>
>>71848115
>I've been reading this thread
>didn't read the thread
>>
Uzi over Yachty, but I like both
>>
>>71848136
>thread goes 50 directions
>wants to win the debate but won't repost his argument for clarity.

That's not how you win debates.
>>
>>71848087
you didn't say that, that's my opinion, what i think you're doing based on how you act/what you say
>>
>>71848218
>implying yachty is even weird
>>
>>71848254
at least he was at some point, but i'm sure that for a lot of people that's new to this *thing*, like this guy, doesn't even understand that yachty's just having fun trying different stuff
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.