[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everybody agrees that Raw Power > Funhouse right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

Everybody agrees that Raw Power > Funhouse right?
>>
>>71834723
I do, but I don't think most everyone here will agree with you.
>>
i can't into stooges
>>
>>71834723
Yes, i definetly agree, but let's not forget about s/t which is pretty good too.
>>
>>71834723
I don't but it's so close I wouldn't argue with you on it, definitely one of the best trilogies in rock, only one that comes close for me is Suzuki's
>>
>>71834723
no what the fuck
>>
Raw Power>s/t>Fun House

But /mu/ always seems to rank them in the reverse order. I literally never see Raw Power mentioned, but I consider it to be a rock essential. They're all great albums though, so it barely fucking matters.
>>
>>71835620
to be fair, RP is the only one with a glaring flaw in the mixing
>>
which mix boys
>>
I like Fun House more but I think it's pretty subjective.
>>
>>71835669
it really is a matter of opinion, listen to all four
>>
>>71835669
>>71835711
unless you were asking for opinions, in which case,
2012 > bowie > iggy
>>
>>71834723
only retards and children think this
>>
>>71835740
wasn't 2012 both of the old mixes but remastered
>>
>>71835758
if that's the case then I can't really tell the difference between 2012 bowie and OG bowie, I kinda just attributed it to vinyl vs CD since I never heard the original on vinyl, by 2012 I meant the new Iggy mix
>>
>>71835758
He's prob referring to the 2012 vinyl remaster, which uses the Iggy mix, but with the volume turned down so that it doesn't sound like ass (for real though, it's not just the 97 iggy mix pressed to vinyl, shit's legit)
>>
The only flaw RP has is the postion of Pretty Face
>>
raw power was exactly that, raw power, that's the one thing that actually made the stooges worth listening to. so it makes sense that's the better album

it also has their best song as opener
>>
>>71836348
but I Wanna Be Your Dog is the one song that makes The Stooges worth listening to
>>
>>71836356
i wanna be your dog should have been a b side track, it's a classic case of a band getting famous for the wrong track. it's not a bad song but it's their only one like it
>>
>>71836348
no version of Search & Destroy is listenable
>>
>>71834723
>>71834953
Count me in.
>>
>>71837943
Fuck You! Not only is Search and Destroy GOAT it makes every rock and roll song prior to it and after it obsolete!
>>
The Iggy mix is the culmination of rock and roll
>>
>>71838032
and every mix of it is an unlistenable clusterfuck
>>
>>71838163
You just don't understand the Raw Power of Rock and Roll and the classic song Search and Destroy.

Go back to your Grimes collection.
>>
I like Fun House better because every mix of Raw Power sucks. Iggy's is earsplitting, Bowie's was done in like 5 minutes, and the remastered one isn't very good either.
It's unfortunate because the music is on the same level. A bad mix can just really make it less enjoyable to listen to.
>>
>>71838181
if you cant acknowledge flaws in things you like then you should fuck off back to r/music and kys

Raw Power is a great album marred by poor recording and mixing, and Search & Destroy is famously the worst victim. No mix of the song is good, and no mix ever will be, because the recording is so unbelievably goddamn terrible that there's nothing but shit to work with. Learn how to discuss things like a big boy, and eat a dick with this "you just don't get the RAWK N ROOOOOLL" bullshit, you fucking retard.
>>
Funhouse just for TV Eye
>>
"no"

I'll point you in the direction of 1970
>>
>>71838221
>Raw Power is a great album marred by poor recording and mixing, and Search & Destroy is famously the worst victim.

I never got why they didn't just re-record the fucking song in a studio. Was it because of no money from the label or something? I mean, it was the 70's and labels were paying out major bucks to record all kinds of shit but they couldn't get some of this re-recorded before releasing it?
>>
>>71838221
Just face it as a lo-fi record

Problem resolved
>>
I prefer Raw Power because

- as someone weened on punk I prefer chromatic punk stuff to funky black sounding stuff (and I hate sax)

- for all the hubbaloo about the shitty mix the guitar sounds AMAZING on Raw Power, like ripping sheet metal.

The Bowie mix is underrated desu. listen to the original "Your Pretty Face.." on good speakers and the house shakes
>>
>>71838969
I've learned to love it in all its thin trebly blitz. The performance is ferocious (Iggy's best vocal moment at the end of the song, I think) and it's neat how the vocals and rhythm guitar take turns at the forefront. so it's a crap mix--it oozes atmosphere and feeling.
>>
Well, both are great. I think it is a matter of Ron Asheton perverted Rythm and Blues vs. James Wlliamson's futuristic crazy stuff. Both good.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.