[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: Dead Kennedys.jpg (52KB, 345x235px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Kennedys.jpg
52KB, 345x235px
Old school american punk rock thread. Looking for more stuff in the vain of Dead Kennedys and Reagan Youth. Recs would be appreciated! Otherwise lets just share and discuss.
>>
check out the Child Bite album from last year Negative Noise
>>
Haven't listened to those bands OP but The Exploding Hearts are really underrated
>>
>>71834125
You havent listened to the Dead Kennedys? They're the Beatles of punk
>>
gas bait
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
https://youtu.be/dNrytt7D2Lo
>>
File: Throb_Throb.jpg (27KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Throb_Throb.jpg
27KB, 220x220px
Also this
>>
>>71834088
Minor Threat, Bad Religion, Millions of Dead Cops (MDC), Black Flag before Rollins, Gorilla Biscuits, T.S.O.L's first EP, Faith/Void, Dr. Know, literally anything out of the hardcore punk era really.
>>
You only looking for American bands?
Because you will probably like subhumans (U.K)
>>
can anyone reccomend me any recent punk albums.
>>
>>71836117
see
>>71834093
>>
>>71836117
Brutalism-IDLES
>>
>>71836117
Expire - With Regret
No Turning Back - No Time to Waste
AYS - Worlds Unknown

More like emo revival, but if you're into that shit Basement - Promise Everything
Free Throw - Those Days are Gone
>>
File: 51or3e7JgmL.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51or3e7JgmL.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Fine example of The Ramones meets The Stooges meets early Cheap Trick.

Guitar player introduced the world to Soul Asylum and The Replacements after band broke up and he started Twin Tone records.

If you think Jello Biafra is a good vocalist then you'll LOVE his singing style!
>>
>>71834088

Gimmie some punk as fuck music to compliment my counter-culture of right wing red pilling of the regressive left.
>>
Help me out here guys what was the better album?
>>
>>71839396
Inflammable material imo.
>>
>>71839396
Inflammable Material but both of those are British bands
>>
>>71838247
Jason Aldean
>>
>>71834088
>88
Wanna hear a band with some interesting history?

Fight For Freedom (FFF) hailed from California, taking their name from the Nazi Punk street gang from San Fernando Valley / North Hollywood. All members on this demo were purportedly affiliated with the gang, and the original vocalist Richard Yapelli, Jr. was the group's spokesman and founder. He didn't perform on this demo, but several songs featured here, including "March of '42," were performed live. Their glory days came to an end in 1985 when a 15-year-old FFF associate named Mark Miller was fatally shot outside of a Van Nuys nightclub.

Despite FFF's avowed Nazism, the gang formed ties with Chicano groups. In fact, Yapelli started his gangsta days with Sol Trese and became the first non-Hispanic to be successfully initiated into the gang.

The music here is quite like their peers, complete with melodic riffs that still pack quite a bunch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqwxHmbdTKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o1sMUJGgos

Fun fact: one of the gangs in Lost Angels was based on Fight For Freedom.

More info:
http://dirtcitychronicles.blogspot.com/2012/02/kalifornien-uber-chaos.html
>>
File: 464254332425235353.jpg (163KB, 1484x1412px) Image search: [Google]
464254332425235353.jpg
163KB, 1484x1412px
God bless this old punk soul
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.