[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Spoon - Hot Thoughts.jpg (589KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Spoon - Hot Thoughts.jpg
589KB, 700x700px
So what did you think of this?
>>
>2017
>Spoon
>>
like all spoon albums, I found it well-produced and unobjectionable, but thoroughly unremarkable. I still have no idea what gets people going about this band. Like "i turn my camera on" is one of the top 5-10 indie anthems of the 2010's judging by acclaim and popularity, and I just don't get it. It's like the black keys for me, i listen and i try so GODDAMN hard to feel literally anything, because it seems to do so much for everyone else, but there's just nothing here. Nothing bad, nothing good. Just nothing.
>>
Pretty good but They Want My Soul is still their best
>>
As I recall I thought they were at their best on this album when they were the most mellow and psychedelic so I think they should've focused more on that direction.
>>
pretty good: the band
>>
>>71833136
I like Spoon because they throw in a few more experimental elements in the typical indie rock formula to the point that it's accessible but still interesting enough to make them distinctive. They're a great choice for playing around friends who don't like to listen to my weird shit
>>
>>71833181
i've just never been able to remember anything from any of their albums. Like i've listened to hot thoughts like 3 times and ive heard the singles a bunch, but none of it has stuck with me. Same with "ga ga ga ga ga", I literally can't make it stick for the life of me.
>>
>>71833136
I love Spoon but I can understand why a lot of people feel this way. They're not really an ambitious band, but I think they do what they do really really well. Also really consistent in terms of quality.

>>71833155
It's definitely a strong contender for me. Inside Out is their best song imho
>>
>>71833215
I kind of understand that. Some of their earlier stuff blends together for me but I can remember everything from Gimmie Fiction and especially They Want My Soul quite distinctively. And I thought Hot Thoughts had a few standouts like the title track, Pink Up, and Can I Sit Next to You. They aren't the most adventurous band in the world but their stuff is pretty fun and usually at least tolerated by everyone so they're a go-to for car trips and such.
>>
>>71833136
>>71833155
>>71833169
>>71833178
>>71833181
>>71833215
>>71833223
>>71833422
All of these posts are pretty spot on. I listened to it a few times liked it but just put it away. It's nothing different and in 2017 dancey synthy indie-rock is basically a cliche at this point. Maroon 5 and Coldplay are still breathing by copying that formula.
>>
Girls Can Tell is my personal favorite Spoon album.
>>
File: R-670471-1184345335.jpeg.jpg (6KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
R-670471-1184345335.jpeg.jpg
6KB, 300x298px
So the basic consensus on Spoon is that they've never done anything truly groundbreaking but have been pretty consistent in putting out 8/10 material for 20 years, which I'd say actually puts them a peg above some of their contemporaries like The Rapture, The Strokes, and Wilco.

Also this single is super underrated. I think it's two of their best songs. It's included as bonus tracks on the reissue of A Series of Sneaks.
>>
>>71835466
8/10 seems so, so high to me. I just don't get anything out of their music. To me, an 8/10 isn't just something that executes on a concept, it also means the concept is above average, or the music says a lot. there isn't a lot wrong with spoon, but i think they're way closer to 6.5- maaaaybe 7 territory than 8.

I also happen to value putting out one or two masterpieces more than a lot of okay stuff
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.