[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryuichi Sakamoto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: C7cxwlBU0AA-E42.jpg (45KB, 705x529px) Image search: [Google]
C7cxwlBU0AA-E42.jpg
45KB, 705x529px
Guys, guys, are you excited? Tomorrow will be the release of the new album of Ryuichi Sakamoto (in Japan) after eight years of recess and a battle won against cancer, it's supposed to be his most Ambient and experimental album yet, he says that his interest are moving toward "sound and music" and him even spended time collecting a lot of strange sounds. It's called Async, and it's going to be released in April 28 worldwide, what are you expecting to hear in this new album?

http://www.thefader.com/2017/01/17/ryuichi-sakamoto-announces-first-studio-album-in-eight-years
>>
>>71828046
well I'm excited anon
>>
>>71828046
haven't listened to him before, any specific album to start with?
>>
>>71829416
a thousand knives
you could get the two first YMO albums too, they are great
>>
hmm good to know
hopefully there'll be threads about it here tomorrow so I can remind myself to give it a listen
>>
>>71829445
oh he was in YMO, I've listened to SSD
I'll check those out though, thanks anon
>>
The great quest of my life is to find more music like early Ryuchi Sakamoto/YMO's
A nice amount of funk, some jazz and a unreasonable amount of cheesy 80's synths
Is there any? I've heard YMO through BGM and A Thousand Knives
>>
>>71828046
>and a battle won against cancer
I thought he just said he felt better. Didn't know he was cancer free.
>>
>>71829560
yeah I'm pretty sure if you have cancer it starts to give you flu-like symptoms after a while.

You can get tested for that sort of thing. It's not really a death sentence.
>>
>>71828046
>after eight years of recess
I mean, he did work on The Revenant soundtrack a couple years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co81MOIYnwg
>>
>>71829416
The one where he plays his most popular songs on piano is pretty good too.
>>
>>71829503
E2E4
>>
I'm excited
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.