[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucking good is D-Sides? I started listening to it again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Gorillaz_D-Sides.jpg (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz_D-Sides.jpg
59KB, 300x300px
How fucking good is D-Sides? I started listening to it again a couple of days ago in light of the new singles and holy shit there isnt a single song on it I dont like.
>>
Shameless S E L F B U M P
>>
This has some of my favorite Gorillaz songs. So much better than G-Sides.
>>
They used to sound so comfy. They managed to get some comfy tracks like empire ants, melancholy hill, to binge and plastic beach into Plastic Beach, and The fall was comfy entirely, but I'm afraid they may lose that in humanz. Everything's been sounding like trash
>>
68 state is unironically a great song, plus that there are a few songs that sound like Blur.
>>
Hong Kong and Stop the Dams are the two best gorillaz songs basically and the rest of the first disc is really good but the remixes are all trash
>>
>>71822352
Listen to Busted and Blue and Sex Murder Party.
>>
File: Gorillaz_G-Sides[1].jpg (146KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Gorillaz_G-Sides[1].jpg
146KB, 300x300px
G SIDES WAS DA SHIT TOO
>>
>>71823699
too many tracks that were just versions of other tracks. D-Sides works way better as an actual album.
>>
>>71821844
Aw dude, it's my favorite album by Gorillaz. What do you think about Stop The Dams?
>>
>>71823699
In America it became short and redudant because several songs were already featured as bonus tracks on the US version of s/t
There's an EP worth of cool songs though
>>
>>71824313
not OP but Stop the Dams is GOAT
>>
Stop the Dams
Hong Kong
Highway Under Construction
Don't Get Lost in Heaven
We Are Happy Landfill

These songs are 10/10, the rest are 7-8/10, D-sides is maybe almost my favorite Gorillaz album, it gets way too little attention compared to Demon Days which isnt even that good.
>>
D Sides is arguably gorillaz best.
But s/t and DD are so good.
>>
>Spitting Out The Demons

probably would have been the most popular Gorillaz song but instead it was left as an instrumental on a b-sides album
>>
>>71821844
D-sides is a very excepcional album, Rockit is a catchy one
>>
>>71821844
The DFA remix of DARE is one of the best remixes ever made.

We Are Happy Landfill and Hong Kong are epic.
>>
>>71821844
That remix of Dirty Harry that's all Asian and shit is really good.
>>
I fucking love this album

I've been listening to it a lot after hearing the shit that Humanz is going to be
>>
File: sad kot.jpg (12KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
sad kot.jpg
12KB, 426x314px
>>71822352
I-is it bad that I think Saturnz Barz is better than all but three of Plastic Beach's tracks?
>>
>>71826154
>>71826182
Those remixes were great. Blasphemy inbound but I've always felt the Metronomy remix of El Manana might even edge past the original.

The only slightly underwhelming one was the Soulwax remix, which amusingly they later disowned completely.
>>
It will eternally rattle my autism that we never had a Beach Sides and now never will. But it would never have topped D-Sides.
>>
>>71827780
>Beach Sides
>not C-Sides (Seasides)
>>
>>71827780
>never will

Never say never. There's a new Gorillaz coming out next month mate. Anything is possible.
>>
>>71827780
I think the issue was that so few songs were "finished" enough for Damon's liking, finishing the album itself was rushed to meet a release date.
>>
D-Sides is the best album after S/T, but the remix side really isn't very good.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.