[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's their best album /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 71Q8mS7e+TL._SL1200_.jpg (142KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71Q8mS7e+TL._SL1200_.jpg
142KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>71810477
The Who Sell Out

Quadrophenia is the epitome of bloated 70s dadrock. 60s Who >>>>> 70s Who
>>
>>71810477
That one.

>>71810515
Sell Out is underrated but Quadrophenia has basically none of the qualities of generic 70's buttrock. If anything it's more proggy, but not obnoxiously so.
>>
>>71810515
I CAN SEE FOR MILES AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES AND MILES...
>>
>>71810477
That one. Sea and Sand is the GOAT Who song.
>>
>>71810477
You posted it

Quad > Tommy > Sell Out > My Generation > Who's Next > A Quick One > By The Numbers > Who Are You > Face Dances > It's Hard >>>>>>> Endless Wire
>>
just stopping in to say I saw the Who twice in '82 (I think) JFK in Philly and Shea in NYC w the Clash..
>>
>>71812933
Damn you're old as fuck.
I thought I was old as fuck for this board.
>>
>>71810477
Yeah Quadrophenia is their magnum opus. It's not just about a youth in conflict with himself and his lifestyle, but it's also so important for the time it was released, because it's one of the only albums of the 70s that blended progressive and punk rock (the two dominating yet clashing styles) in a really well done way. There are so many things I could say about this album. Easily in my top ten all time, maybe even top five.
>>
>>71813135
Punk rock didn't really exist yet in 1973
>>
>>71813135
It's my number 1 album of all time, I think what makes it so enjoyable too is how layered it is. I've loved this album since 8th grade but I still find new stuff in the songs
>>
>>71813169
Not really no, but it was coming and would be a big conflict in rock music. Quadrophenia was able to introduce some proggy elements to more traditional rock and angsty youth themes that would form a large part of the basis for the punk movement
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.