[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantano on Gorillaz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 65744367876487.png (1MB, 997x767px) Image search: [Google]
65744367876487.png
1MB, 997x767px
>I think for the most part they're not good. I do not think these tracks are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zo0gL2pW8s
>>
>>71807925
Well they're not, but the only good Gorillaz track is whichever one had MES on it, anyway.
>>
>>71807954
your opinion is awful
>>
I think Apple (the company) ruined Gorillaz. Ever since Damon got his hands on an iPad the quality of his music has been affected for the worse.
>>
How could anyone argue that they're good?
>>
I only really agree with him about We Got the Power. Also why is he complaining about Popcaan overpowering the first half of Saturnz Barz, when the last half it pays off in his and Albarn's vocals playing off each other, but then lauds Ascension for Staples overpowering Albarn's vocals in that?
>>
>>71807979
awfully CORRECT
>>
>>71808158
>nnnng what is quality?

Not all things are equally shit or good.
>>
>>71807925
wtf i hate gorillaz now
>>
>>71807925
Actually agreed with melon, i also think ascensiĆ³n is the best of them all but they are all bad t b h.
>>
>>71808158
The title We Got the Power reminds me of Busted by The Bonzo Dog Band, which was a big unspoken influence on the novelty record era of Blur which is the only reason anyone backs Albarn's fancies at all. Funny, eh?
>>
Anthony Fantano is just a person that has opinions, like you and me.

He might like something that you don't like, or vice versa. You shouldn't get too worked up when he says something you don't agree with. It's probably for the best that you can hear different opinions on music, because for the most part, music is subjective.
>>
>>71808298
But Gorillaz are objectively the Basement Jaxx of Pitchforkcore.
>>
>>71808298
I don't get people who form their opinions around reviewers. I disagree with him most of the time even if I like watching his videos.
>>
>>71807925

he's right, for once
>>
I feel the same. Listened to Andromeda and Saturnz Barz and didn't like either one. Haven't listened to the others but honestly don't see the hype in the new album.
>>
>>71807925
Finally a sane person.
>>
I respectfully disagree
>>
>>71808298
>Anthony Fantano is just a person that has opinions, like you and me.
Except I don't run a YouTube channel of over almost 1 million subscribers where I share these opinions. He's a pompous cock-muncher.
>>
>>71808364
>I disagree with him most of the time even if I like watching his videos.
same desu
I usually just watch the reviews of albums I wouldn't listen to and if he convinces me I listen to them, if not I don't
>>
most of my favorite albums of each year get between 4-7 from Fantano. we rarely agree on anything outisde that range. not sure why.
>>
>>71808298
A lot of people just can't form their own opinions.
>>
>>71809165
Nobody's forcing you to watch his videos
>>
>>71809165
Ooow, did he shit on one of your favorite albums?
>>
Fantano still a pleb confirmed
>>
Why does melonman like Kendrick so much?
>>
>>71809583
Well, Kendrick is actually good.

Unlike Gorillaz.
>>
File: 1385959706691.png (253KB, 765x781px) Image search: [Google]
1385959706691.png
253KB, 765x781px
>1 2 3 4 5 I am 100% giving Kendrick a 10
>Gorillaz was (((cheesy)))
>>
>>71809742
The kendrick song was great, it was a 1 for 1 deal.

Gorrilaz on the other hand had 4 tracks, and no sane person on this board thinks they are all of quality.
>>
>>71807925
Based Vince Staples NEVER disappoints.
>>
>>71809165
There are more important things in life.
>>
>>71809800
He said Saturnz Barz didn't sound like a Gorillaz song because Popcaan was prominently featured, and then praised Ascension which sounded like the most non-Gorillaz song they've ever made.
>>
wtf.... i HATE fantano now
>>
>>71809924
Did he really say that? The song is bad because he can't identify it with the rest of the artist's work? That is pants on head
>>
>>71808364
I always get curious about reviews for stuff, and usually end up getting frustrated, then think the person is an idiot, then just laughing it off.

Do people really form their opinions fully from other people?

I love Andromeda and We Got The Power. And Saturn Barz has really grown on me.
The thing about Gorillaz music, it seems, is that you have to listen a few times, then it sort of clicks.

Remember how many people on here were appalled when Plastic Beach was dropping?
When Demon Days came out, all I wanted to hear over and over was Feel Good Inc.
I thought the rest of the album was weird.

I don't know how Damon does it, but I believe the Gorillaz songs are grow-ers, not show-ers.
>>
>>71807925
He's right tho what's the problem?
>>
>>71807925
I don't know. I can take seriously a man who worship Death Grips all the time.

Andromeda is a nice song though.
>>
>>71809885
No there ain't, son. This is serious stuff.
>>
>>71810016
this
>>
>>71809165
What are you trying to say here? That you SHOULD get all angry and worked up about his opinion because he has a bunch of subscribers?
>>
>>71810016
I agree, though I am apprehensive about Ascension - the repetition will be hard to "grow into". But I like pretty much ever other track, so I'm not too worried.
>>
>>71810390
Didn't he kind of lose love for DG after TMS?
>>
>>71807925
i agree
>>
>>71810016
100% right
>>
Normally i like vince staples but i thought that ascension was pretty bad. Andromeda was alright but nothing special. didn't bother listening to the other tracks
>>
I don't mind that Gorillaz is literally a manufactured pop band. But none of these tracks work well as pop songs either. Earlier Gorillaz songs were widespread and catchy as fuck and memorable. I can't see anyone remembering these in like 4 months.
>>
Thank fuck. Maybe this will get their redditor fanbase to actually think critically and realize that they've never been good. Fuck this shitty "band"
>>
>>71807925
>it doesn't sound like a Gorillaz track
what a shitty fucking reason to dislike it
>>
>>71807925
>it doesn't sound like a Gorillaz track
kek, probably hasn't listened to a Gorillaz album other than PB
>>
>>71807925
Good Tier
>Andromeda
>Saturn Barz
Meh Tier
>Ascension
Bad Tier
>We Got the Power
>>
I've heard the whole album.

AMA
>>
>>71808063
underrated
i can just imagine damon sat playing angry birds in all of his spare time
>>
>>71813886
what does it smell like
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.