[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: The B-52's 1.jpg (92KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
The B-52's 1.jpg
92KB, 600x600px
Holy shit
>>
wild planet is better
>>
I LOVE this band's first four albums, listened to them a lot in high school: S/T, Wild Planet, Mesopotamia, and even Whammy (which seems to get a bad rap). But for their material after Whammy, I'm not as huge a fan.
>>
don't let your lava love turn to stooooooone
>>
>>71807303
I disagree
First album, the group is on absolute fire. Probably because they knew the songs like the back of their hands by the time they recorded the album. They had to write songs in the studio specifically for Wild Planet, which they never did before.
>>
File: podracing.jpg (16KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
podracing.jpg
16KB, 300x197px
>mfw Rock Lobster switches it up and goes hard as fuck for the last 2 minutes
>>
the woman's hair pisses me off so i can't listen to them
>>
>>71807297
The ultimate driving album
>>
>>71807648
kek
>>
>>71807628
They where playing some of the best tracks on wild planet before they recorded the first one. As much as I love the first album side A is god-tier but side B has some filler, while in the wild planet the filler tracks are shuffled in
Unfortunately they never made the perfect album, but at least the're consistent and even their worst albums hava a few gr8 tracks. Except funplex, but I dont even consider it a proper album
>>
>>71807631
>tfw moshing to that part on partys
>tfw too old to do that shit nos

Dance this mess around is just perfection
>>
>Let's Meet and Have a Baby Now...

https://youtu.be/l9sG_Hr2RyQ
>>
File: cindywilsonthennow.png (816KB, 922x622px) Image search: [Google]
cindywilsonthennow.png
816KB, 922x622px
>>71807628
>>71807297
A combination of s/t and Wild Planet would be the best of both worlds

songs like devil in my car and 6060842 arent really that good to me

>sythesis
Planet Claire
Rock Lobster
Lava
Moon in the Sky
Party out of Bounds
Runnin' Around
Give me Back my Man
Private Idaho
53 miles west of Venus
>>
QUICHE THE POODLE
>>
I always thought this band was shit because of Loveshack but I'm so glad I gave this a shot because it's so damn fun.
>>
>>71808869
>Except funplex, but I dont even consider it a proper album
Why not? I thought it was pretty good
>>
>>71809005
You can't delete anything from S/T or Wild Planet, both are great albums with no bad songs and both stand as complete works.
>>
>>71809050
WHY DON'T YOU DANCE WITH ME
>>
Stealth patrician album
>>
THERE IS A MOON IN THE SKY
IT'S CALLED THE MOON
>>
>>71807297
the weird al parody is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BX56syrmWQ

fun fact, my dad worked for the real mr popeil in the 70s and 80s
>>
>>71807297
Dance This Mess Around still remains one of my favorite songs ever
>>
>>71807297

>get this as an LP at a very-short-lived hometown record store

>10/10 cover already

>once you actually listen to Rock Lobster in full, it's shocking-what-a-good-rocking track it actually is

So yes, I share your "holy shit" sentiment OP, at least about the popular track. Just look at these toughs. These are the people who *block ur path* and steal your lunch money in the school parking lot, despite being skinny. The one on the left corresponds to that guy in Blue Velvet who lip-syncs into the lamp.
>>
>>71813580
Rock Lobster is unironically one of the greatest rock songs ever recorded.
>>
>>71813612

I think this is a top-100 rock songs defensible statement. Especially since they had the presence of mind to put "rock" in the song title itself.

The melody is slightly sinister. The vamps are constant. There are lyrics, conventional song structure. A tension builds. It's a fun sock-hop at first...

And it gets crazier. WEIRDER. DOWN, DOWN, in that fay homo voice. oh, down. PASS THE TANNING BUTTER GOD-DAMN YOU AYAYAYAYAYAYAAYYAAYAYAYA. The women are become the lead vocalist's High Priestesses Under The Sea.

It really does tell a story, and never bores.
>>
>>71812520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8hV4AyNss
>>
>>71813837
For real. You think it's just some simple dance-rock pop tune and then Yoko Ono comes out of nowhere and the guitar starts fucking shredding your ears off. I wish I could write a song half this good.
>>
>>71807297
Joey Diaz talking about them on JRE is the best.
I never really gave that album a fair shot until after
hearing him talk about seeing them play Dance That Mess Around live.
>>
>>71814908
meant dance this mess around
>>
>>71813907
>>71813837
That moment when the rhythm changes and the song gets more intense will always be my favorite
>>
>>71807297
God-tier ultimate B-52s album coming through.

>Love Shack
>Topaz
>I - AM - LIVIN' - ON - CHANNEL - Z!!!!
>Topaz
>Roam
>Deadbeat Club

Not to take anything at all away from their previous works but this thing....man, this album was their Sgt. Pepper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB4G9WBYMFo
>>
>>71816840
LOL I listed Topaz twice just substitute Cosmic Thing nigga.
>>
>>71813580
>>71813612
>>71813837
You come for the laughs and stay for Ricky Wilson's guitar.

>>71809005
way to cut all of Cindy's songs dummy
>>
https://youtu.be/9SOryJvTAGs?t=1m10s
>>
We were at the beach—everybody had matching towels!
>>
Can we talk about Ricky Wilson and his insane guitar practices? Rock Lobster is played in CFXXFF tuning - He would remove the D and G strings. He frequently had five or six guitars at shows, all in different setups, most with only four or five strings on them.

There's some fascinating stuff in this thread I found while looking for tabs and stuff a little while ago:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/47376-early-b-52s-album-guitar-sound.html
>>
brb fisting myself to planet claire
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.