[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Who vs. The Rolling Stones Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0390.jpg (15KB, 176x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0390.jpg
15KB, 176x199px
The Who vs. The Rolling Stones

Debate
>>
the who
>>
>>71805531
60's Stones > 60's Who
70's Stones = 70's Who
80's Stones < 80's Who (both sucked, but The Who sucked a lot less this decade)
>>
>>71805531
Stones
>>
stones had better hits, the who had better albums
>>
>>71805641
This. /thread
>>
The Who by a mile
>>
Gotta go with the Stones man. Aftermath thru Exile is a legendary winning streak (well, except for Satanic Majesty. That is truly a shitty album. I'm sure the band would agree).

The Who was virtuoso musicians but I found their songwriting abilities wanting. A bit like Led Zeppelin that way
>>
>>71805531
The who, the streak of albums they had from My Generation to Quadrophenia is insanely good.

Who by the numbers is pretty great too, and who are you isn't bad, its a shame that Face Dances and It's Hard were pretty bad though. Aside from a few songs line Eminence Front and Another Tricky Day
>>
>>71805531
Rolling Stones, easily. The Who had about a dozen good songs, the stones have more than 50. The who's use of synths makes them sound really dated. The Stones have always been great, with their raunchy, sleazy, blues based rocking. Only topped by the Beatles, Zeppelin, and Hendrix.
>>
>>71807678
That's not fair because the Stones have 3x as many albums as The Who.
>>
The Who, the streak of good albums from my Generation to Who Are You is amazing.
>>
>>71807867
Especially the streak of The Who Sell Out-Tommy-Who's Next-Quadrophenia
>>
>>71807891
I don't like Who's Next man they went a little synth happy.
>>
>>71805531
Honestly both these bands are completely irrelevant to today's culture. They've both aged horribly, and it's not like they were ever taken seriously by anyone with taste in music. Not to mention they're both comprised of misogynists/pedophiles.
>>
>>71807948
I can totally understand that, doesn't help that it's overplayed constantly on radio
>>
File: wrong.jpg (15KB, 218x207px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
15KB, 218x207px
>>71808008
>>
>>71807867
Who Are You isn't that great, it's meh with a capital "M"
>>
>1969
For this year, a close one. Tommy is a better album, Let It Bleed has better songs.
>1970
Neither band had a studio album out this year, just live albums, but there's no question of Live At Leeds annihilating the ho-hum Get Yer Ya-Yas Out.
>1971
Tough one. Sticky Fingers and Who's Next are both classics. A draw.
>1972
The Who didn't have one out this year, so Exile On Main Street wins by default.
>1973
Not even a debate. Quadrophenia easily beats the mediocre Goat's Head Soup.
>1974
No Who album this year. It's Only Rock and Roll wins by default.
>1975
No Stones album this year. The Who By Numbers wins by default.
>1976
Black and Blue is just the Stones playing around in the studio, but The Who had nothing out in '76. Stones win by default.
>1977
Neither band had a studio album out this year, although the Stones had a (shitty) live album.
>1978
Some Girls easily. Who Are You is incredibly tedious and unfun to listen to.
>1980
Stones win by default with Emotional Rescue since there's no Who album this year.
>1981
Neither Face Dances or Tattoo You are all that great, but the latter at least produced a hit single.
>1982
It's Hard is largely trash, but at least produced a hit single. No Stones studio album this year and Still Life is just an okay live album.
>>
>>71808008
>Honestly both these bands are completely irrelevant to today's culture. They've both aged horribly
And nobody argued otherwise.
>>
they both suck
>>
>>71808008
>Honestly both these bands are completely irrelevant to today's culture. They've both aged horribly

You could have made the same argument in 1985.
>>
>>71808008
Who gives a shit about any of that
>>
>>71805531
The Rolling Stones
here's my argument
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPrklRwn1HE
>>
File: 1485718797894.jpg (19KB, 426x304px) Image search: [Google]
1485718797894.jpg
19KB, 426x304px
>>71808008
The Stones are far from my generation and the things I usually listen to, but I saw them 2 years ago and I was absolutely blown away. Their legendary status made total sense with that single night.

tldr: fuck you
>>
>>71808008
u got a rym, mate?
>>
>>71808596
>impressed by a bunch of walking zombies playing the same choreographed show every night for 30 years
>>
>>71808553
luv dis song and album
>>
>>71808641
>obviously talking out of you ass
your tumblr music blog must be very popular
>>
The Who
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.