[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so great about this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What's so great about this album?
>>
Dylan deserved the Noble y/n
>>
>>71793093
Who cares

I'm asking about this album, which is always universally praised
>>
>>71793123
have you listened to it?
>>
>>71793013
You have to really delve into Dylan to properly appreciate it, but the reason most mainstream people like Highway 61 Revisited the best is because it's the closest he ever got to "classic rock" (albeit, before that was a thing)...and then Blonde on Blonde is seen by hipsters and critics as being the arty perfection of that style

It's not the best Dylan necessarily (since most of his best work is songs rather than albums), but it's pretty simple to see why it's the most acclaimed
>>
>>71793144
>most of his best work is songs rather than albums
If you were to make a comp of the best Dylan songs
>>
The production and instrumentation is so dense and magical. The lyrics are surreal and dense and sensual and descriptive. You just need the patience to get through the longer songs, but it's really worth it. It's not for everybody though, but you can at least acknowledge the greatness of Visions of Johanna and Stuck Inside of Mobile. I'd recommend listening to it again while driving in the middle of the night. It really is the perfect nighttime album for when your mind is clearer.
>>
>>71793013
he went electric
>>
>>71793157
he went electric two albums before this one bud
>>
>>71793166
I know i was kidding, Dad
>>
>>71793177
thank u for the smile son
>>
>>71793013
it's very good and i like the songs on it a lot
>>
>>71793154
I assume you just mean straight up best songs and not just songs that work well together?

If you just want his best comp, The Bootleg Series Vol. 11 box set is the shit.

If you want just my made-up comp of like 30 of his best songs, I'd go (in random order):

1 Abandoned Love
2 Visions of Johanna
3 Desolation Row
4 Positively 4th Street
5 Restless Farewell
6 Series of Dreams
7 Blood in My Eyes
8 Knockin' on Heaven's Door
9 I Was Young When I Left Home
10 It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
11 The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest
12 No Time to Think
13 I Shall Be Released
14 With God on Our Side
15 It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry
16 John Brown
17 Goin' to Acapulco
18 When I Paint My Masterpiece (Demo)
19 Every Grain of Sand (Demo)
20 Walkin' Down the Line
21 All Along the Watchtower
22 Like a Rolling Stone
23 It Ain't Me Babe
24 Isis
25 I'm Not There
26 Queen Jane Approximately
27 Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (New York Sessions version)
28 4th Time Around
29 The Hills of Mexico
30 Tomorrow is a Long Time
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.