[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hip Hop General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 10sHop.jpg (702KB, 1862x1168px) Image search: [Google]
10sHop.jpg
702KB, 1862x1168px
I updated this by the way.

Talk about hip hop albums you enjoy and whatnot.
>>
Is death grips actually worth looking into?
>>
>>71792450
Yes, actually, I really enjoyed TMS and Exmilitary.
>>
Posting this for the dude whos thread with a question about "Dark" or "Heavy" hip hop fizzled.

afaik Un-rythmic noise never took off in most ofl hiphop, as far as I know. Sure people like and might post obscure shit list rappers who spit gibberish over wack ass a-rythmic bullshit like its the best thing that ever happened to the genre, but it never popped out the "underground."

But for a time hip hop actually was "dark." The gritty shit started with Nas, Mobb Deep and Ghost Face. Was later perfected by Big L (rest his soul). A prime example of "dark" hip hop was the track Nas did with Dre while the whole coast beef was poppin off called "Nas is comin." And basically every Mobb Deep track from their first 2 albums. The idea was to unsettle the listener with eerie melodies and creepy samples that made you feel like you were vulnerable and walking through grimy streets at night. This movement took off hard in a few of the New York boroughs just as the west coast set their roots in a different type of atmosphere, which is why that Nas is Coming track and others like it were important to the development of the tone set in hiphop for that era.
>>
Upcoming Joey, Kendrick, Vince, and it's around that time for Earl and Tyler to drop a new project (I expect later in the year).

Who are you most excited for?
>>
>>71792450
As someone who really enjoys them, I can easily understand why they're not gonna jump out and grab people easily. Basically, if you like the idea of horrocore but realize most hororcore is really bad, and you like the sound of industrial music, hit up their most popular tracks. The lyricism is incredible and the production/instrumentation are really good but it's not gonna vibe with everyone. Don't focus on the lyrics as much, see if you like how it sounds first.
>>
File: IMG_0258.jpg (83KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0258.jpg
83KB, 1200x1200px
>Favorite Hip Hop Albums

Edan - Beauty & the Beat
Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid Maad City
Common -Like Water For Chocolate
Common - One Day It Will All Make Sense
The Roots - Things Fall Apart
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
Clipping - Splendor & Misery
Outkast - Aquemeni
Death Grips - The Powers That B
A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
A Tribe Called Quest - Thank You 4 You're Service
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Digable Planets - Reaching ( A new refutation..)

> Fave so far this year

Porter Ray - Watercolors
>>
>>71793469
Damn. Good tastes. All of these ended up on the charts.
>>
not exactly hip hop but is there anything like yung lean with the cloud rap / vapor trap aesthetic and production but with a little more serious lyrics?
>>
>>71793729
Bones and Denzel Curry.
>>
>>71793379
I am excited for joey's new album but devastated and the new single has certainly taken away from how hyped I am, just hope the rest of the album isn't too similar
>>
File: cover.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
What did /mu/ think of this when it came out?
>>
>>71792565
Three Six did it first, and imo they perfected it with Volume.1 and Mystic stylez
>>
>>71794520
no
>>71793729
bladee
>>
>>71792565
Nas Is Coming is so damn corny like most of IWW.
When I think of dark hip-hop it's definitely the early memphis scene that comes to mind. Some of that shit was straight up evil.
>>
>>71792565
>>71795567
Seconding Memphis rap as more 'dark'.

Boot camp clik out of NY is gritty/dark as fuck though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5MogMGLWAA

starts at like 1 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAvgbN9RZY
>>
Guys I need help with something.
I'm thinking about swapping out an 07 album on my 2000s. I feel like one of the contenders is a super obvious choice to get rid of but I wanted to double check.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12611433
>>
HNDRXX is so much better than DS2 and it's the best rap album of the year so far.
>>
What do the colors mean?
are we supposed to fill it out
>>
>>71797001
If you want.

I made it that way so people could save their own version and fill it that way as they please. :)
>>
Wolf is a masterpiece
>>
To Pimp a Butterfly is my favorite album ever and good kid maad city is top 5 for me. I really hope kendrick's new album is just as good as either of these. The Heart Part 4 was decent, the beginning was my favorite part because of the beat, but the second part had some lackluster lyrics and the beat didn't intrigue me, sounded like some shitty j cole produced beat. But it was still a good song, just not a good kendrick song. Anyways here's some more rap albums that are good

Joey Purp - iiiDrops
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
J Dilla - Donuts (top 5 hip hop album imo)
>>
>>71795153
It came out after Blackstar? Paak have a cool and unique, sweet flow. It would be my AOTY, if 2016 would end in January.
>>
>>71792415
I have yet to find a link to captain Murphy
It's not on Apple Music , Just some shit band pops up
>>
>>71797471
https://musicmp3.ru/artist_captain-murphy__album_duality.html
>>
File: 2000sHop.jpg (1MB, 1862x1624px) Image search: [Google]
2000sHop.jpg
1MB, 1862x1624px
Here's an update to the 2000s chart.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.