[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of clipping.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1490054051164.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1490054051164.gif
458KB, 256x256px
What does /mu/ think of clipping.?
>>
They are generally fond of clipping..
Plebs will call them shitty death grips or something.
>>
>>71786777
>>71786777
>Plebs will call them shitty death grips or something.
Yeah, heard something like that some other day
>poor mans death grips
Actually listened to them and they are good, so thanks anon.
>>
>>71786758
garbage
>>
>>71786758

they're great

one of the most innovative hip-hop acts of the '10s
>>
The Battleborn of memerap
>>
>>71787159
shut the fuck up
>>
>>71786758
shitty death grips
>>
They're very good. I enjoy most of their music, but I hate when they try to make so-called "bangers". Honestly I find myself disliking nearly all songs considered "bangers" by the majority.
>>
>>71787217

prove me wrong you dumb autistic chucklefuck faggot
>>
>>71786758
they were are and always will be gimmick rap
>>
>>71787250
death grips
>>
>>71786758
A bunch of faggots
>>
>SHE

>WILL

>NOT

>LOSE
>>
>>71787265

DG is innovative too, how does that disprove clipping.? they are completely different artists.
>>
>>71786777
>>71787222
checkd, and like clockwork
>>
>>71786758
i think diggs is a really good rapper, but a lot of the "noiserap" thing feels gimmicky to me. that song they did "wriggle" sampled a whitehouse song, and the whole thing felt to me like a "look how cool we are, we know who whitehouse is."
>>
>>71787313
because they're not nearly as interesting

see >>71787328, wriggle was embarrassing
>>
They're really good. Splendor & Misery > midcity > Wriggle > CLPPNG
>>
great desu. pretty refreshing and versatile mc'ing matched with experimental "beats", as far as rap is concerned at least. inb4 someone links a rap group that horribly integrates noise into their overall sound.
>>
>>71787328
Why wouldn't a band that's clearly influenced by Whitehouse know Whitehouse? What's wrong with that? Making an obvious respectful nod to your predecessors is a really common practice in hip hop.
>>
>>71787364
Ive only heard Splendor & Misery, liked it.
Should I only check midcity or
>>71787253
but some gimmicks can be good anon
>>
daily reminder that clipping will never be taken seriously after releasing fat fingers
>>
>blasting wriggle like a fucking eel on my ue boom on the subway
>some dumbass chad comes up to me and asks if that's the "clipping band"
>REEE internally
>facepalm with both hands
>turn ue boom to the whitehouse song "philosophy" on full volume
>put it next to his ears
>he screams, i laugh: hahaha
>i get off at next stop
>like a boss
>>
>>71787438
S&M is pretty unlike any of their other projects.

Try Wriggle. If you like the first half then try CLPPNG. If you like the second half then try Midcity.
>>
lmao remember when clipping made that trump diss track

i'm not a trump fan, but holy fucking shit that was bad
>>
>>71787648
The beat was good tho
>>
>>71787557
ok, thanks for the help man.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgmMkkWu5i4
One of their best
>>
>>71787428
that's the other thing. it didn't feel like a respectful nod at all. they treated the song like a meme. to me sampling whitehouse is like taking a selfie at a funeral.
>>
they seem like pretentious faggots desu. i watched their 'what's in my bag' amoeba episode and they bought tryhard shit that they can't even dream of coming close to quality-wise
>>
>>71787695
if you legitimately think Wriggle Like a Fucking Eel was a serious song you're a fool
>>
>>71787695
I laughed my ass off at this post.
>>
>>71787703
did they really seem pretentious to you? i'm not a big fan, but the one guy has a phd and they already make noise influenced music. it doesn't seem that unusual to me that they would be interested in obscure music.
>>
File: sigh.gif (2MB, 245x249px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.gif
2MB, 245x249px
>>71787703
>they bought tryhard shit
>that they cant come close to quality-wise

literally u wot m8?
>>
>>71787695
>selfie at a funeral
http://nobodytm.com/selfie.html
>>
>>71786758
Real Good Band
CLPPNG is my fave but their other two LPs are great too
not a huge fan of Wriggle tho
>>
CLPPNG was fucking awful.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.