[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

thoughts?
>>
Overrated by underage children

I've heard people call it "one of the best hip hop releases in years"

Yeah if you enjoy sleeping I suppose I could agree with that

Also helped edgy OF fans "grow up" and identified with Earl and his moping "adult" issues like "wahhh I have a xanax addiction"

Meanwhile Tyler made Cherry Bomb and got shat on, even though it was the most true to the original OF sound with some slight Death Grips influence sprinkled in (Apparently clipping means Death Grips). Cherry Bomb >>>>> This trash
>>
>>71783457
fuck outta here bro and stop acting like it doesnt have any redeemable qualities. Listen to grief, DNA, wool. Great production on most of the tracks and earls flows/rhymes are better than they've ever been albeit more xanned out type of feel.
>>
>>71783513
>fuck outta here bro

Exactly

>great production

Highly debatable. If you like beats with clearly nearing 0 effort put in, then yes, great production.

It has a couple of good tracks (like 3 at the most?). I liked faucet, that's all I can remember
>>
Decent record. Earl shows a lot of lyrical talent and style, but he lacks in content. It's all the typical "drugs, guns, and money" bullshit, with a few moments of "wahhh I'm sad wahhh grandma is dead".

7/10.

>>71783457
Cherry Bomb is utter shit. It's got like 4 good tracks that just sound like they would've fit on Wolf, the rest are just terrible. Taking inspiration from other bands doesn't count for shit if you can't improve on the original source, or at least make it sound somewhat listenable.
>>
>>71783568
Cherry Bomb has plenty of good tracks

>Okaga
>Pilot
>Darkeese
>Buffalo
>Find Your Wings
>Deathcamp
>Fucking Young
>Smuckers

It's a fucking masterpiece compared to this trash too. While earl can barely bang out a beat while crying about his grandma Tyler realized his strength is producing and hid his voice in the mixes and let the beats shine
>>
>>71783413
Super boring and uninteresting, almost feel asleep listening to it. Not even remotely impressive.
>>
File: 1452546505252.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452546505252.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>71783513
>ask for thoughts
>He gives you his thoughts
>"fuck outta here bro"
>>
>>71783457
ok tyler
>>
>>71783413
It's amazing but there will always be one hating ass nigga. You just can't impress anyone. No matter how good and skilled a rapper is, fuck niggas will always have something to say.
>>
Great
Add mirrors to the tracklist tho
>>
It's a stepping stone for what ever greatness Earl drops this year
>>
>>71785199
>This one guy didn't join in on the circlejerk
>let's get him!!!
>he's a hater!!!!!!!!!
>>
first half = absolutely fantastic and worth many many relistens
Second half - mediocre but some people really like DNA and Grown Ups.
>>
>>71783624
>hid his voice in the mixes and let the beats shine
lol
>>
>>71786064
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>71786362
Nice argument

>>71786105
Nice insight

Why are earlfags so sensitive?
>>
>>71783457
Wow what a faggot, I hope he hurts himself soon.
>>
Very good album, only a few flaws.
>>
Boring
>>
>>71783457
FUCKING THIS.
>>
File: solace.png (124B, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
solace.png
124B, 480x480px
Amazing album, Solace was even better. His next album is gonna be an instant classic, guaranteed. He just needs his mom to die or something now and he'll make the greatest album of all time
>>
>>71783413
Y'all niggas can't disagree without getting into an argument or some shit.

Decent work. Doris was better. Its a good album for a late night smoke.
>>
>>71787447
I'm going to respectfully disagree and say that Doris felt like boring trap shit
>>
>>71787527
Eh, I like more trapish elements of hip hop so I guess that's why I liked it more. Earl's still a solid rapper, and I feel like he should be fully actualizing himself soon.
>>
>>71787597
>trapish elements
gay as fuck

earl transcended on this one brody
>>
>>71787597
I'm glad we could have a civilized discussion about this, Anon

Have a great night
>>
>>71783457
>everyone who doesn't share similar tastes to mine can be rationalized as underage: the post
>>
>>71787769
Underaged both physically and or mentally
>>
>>71787597>>71787527
Am I the only one not hearing "Trapish" elements on Doris?

Btw doris also >>>>IDLS
>>
>>71787959
That's what you're doing though, I'm sorry to say. Grow up and concede. Cherry Bomb is shit.
>>
It's a hell of a lot better than Cherry Bomb. That shit was a 2/10 at best. I Don't Like Shit isn't perfect, but half of it is pretty decent. Being true to OF sound makes it sound worse, 'cause true OF sound is mixed terribly and has recycled FL studio sounds.
>>
>>71788000
The first five seconds of the album are example enough of how "trapish" the album is

also, so many guests with shit features. Earl completely separating himself from OF in general increased the quality of all of his later output because of how untalented all of those shitheads are
>>
>>71788018
>Conform to my opinion please, you're countering my narrative: The post
>>
>>71788048
Hope you'll see to the irony of that you fucking retard.
>>
>>71788000
Oh shit I always forgot about that first track

That's literally the only "trap" ish beat on the album and it basically was to put SK on and nothing else
>>
>>71788000
Some people think ignorant easygoing rap = trap

Doris was good, but some of those guest verses were fuckin doodoo.
>>
started off strong but shit got so monotonous and the quality continuously dropped past track 4
>>
>>71788054
Please point me to the irony of that.

I never said you had to agree with me, I'm just right. You're telling me to "grow up" and "concede" to saying Earl's whining is somehow better than Tyler's natural production talent
>>
>>71788086
but Inside and DNA are the best songs on the record
>>
>>71788098
>I never said you had to agree with me, I'm just right.
>I'm just right.
Nice 12 year old mentality there.

I never said or implied I liked IDLSIDGO. I find it overindulgent and average at best. But go figure you enter this thread and the first post you see is someone touting Cherry Bomb as some sort of masterpiece compared to it. It's not.

And I was telling you to concede to how much of a sperg you're being.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwZcuwfiCjE

This song >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything Earl has done till this date
>>
>>71788228
>I'm not underage
>You're underage!!!

Hmmmm

So I'm not allowed to think I'm right or else I'm underage? Perhaps I should think instead you are right? Which is what you want me to do right?

So...doesn't that make both of us have a 12 year old mentality?

Do you see how little sense you're making?
>>
>>71783413
fantastic album
i kinda hope he goes in a more industrial direction for his next one
>>
>>71788288
"I never said you had to agree with me, I'm just right" is not the same as saying "I should be allowed to think I'm right". Are you right or do you think you're right? Glad I could clarify this issue that's symptomatic of Aspergers.
>>
>>71786099
AINT NO BITCH IN MY DNA
>>
>>71788376
>You're retarded

How very immature of you, anon

Sorry you can't read between the lines. I'll spell it out next time for you, kay? So next time I say "I'm just right", I mean in my reality I'm right, and I won't have to intrude on your shit opinions with mine and make you feel bad and call people retarded because of your insecurity about your opinion. Sound good?
>>
>>71788475
People with Aspergers aren't considered retarded at all. Just myopic and conceited. Sorry if I offended you.
>>
>>71788689
>that backtracking

I'd rather be myopic and conceited than like this trash album
>>
>>71788717
Where did I say I like this album?
>>
>>71784132
This. I pretty much only like Grief.
>>
>>71788730
never said you did

please stop thinking everything is about you...it's rather...conceited
>>
File: Girugamesh01.png (122KB, 452x391px) Image search: [Google]
Girugamesh01.png
122KB, 452x391px
>>71788819
>>
File: 1434573181052s.jpg (3KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
1434573181052s.jpg
3KB, 120x117px
>>71783413
Listened to it when it came out, didnt like it.

Gave it a relisten when I saw this thread and I still didnt enjoy it. The album felt so lifeless, absolutley no emotion. I didnt feel a single thing when the 29 minutes were up. The only good thing on this album was the features.

Pretty forgetable/10
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.