[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop using equal temperament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Stop using equal temperament
>>
harry partch was gay
>>
>muh random abstract notes you can't sing to
>>
Stop being gay
>>
>muh microtonals
>>
>>71783039
the actual point of partch's system was to better facilitate singing and vocal expression, because the human voice is inherently microtonal. his music was the opposite of abstract; it was very much tied to the voice and the use of the voice to express language, and the bizarre instruments were meant to accomodate the subtleties and tonalities of speech rather than force the voice to accomodate the instrumentation.
>>
>>71783181
this
>>
>>71783013
I don't
Pythagorean all the way, baby
>>
This is the music professor equivilent of a punk band, non-equal temperment stuff.

but get this mr mr smarty pants, the whole reason equal temperment is enjoyable is because it takes the differences between the notes and sets them into mathmatical patterns. Random nonsense never sounded good, if you want to change the temperment to something else that's pleasing, that's something different, but random notes doesn't sound good
>>
>>71783565
I see, so it's the equal temperament that makes 12TET sound good, right? So 15TET, 16TET and 18TET sound just as good because of the pleasing mathematical patterns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZstR-IsHO6w

Meanwhile, something like this, in a just intonation scale like Pythagorean until the end, is random nonsense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWyrxAZCOhA
>>
>>71784276
u pissing me off CLT
>>
>>71784297
Who was CLT again?
God, it's been forever since I've been to /classical/. Have they started worshipping Mozart again, or is it still popular to hate him?
>>
>>71784415
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
>>
>>71783565
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>71784504
Yes, yes.
Was he the Scot by any chance?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.