[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dilla or madlib?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

dilla or madlib?
>>
>>71769191
neither. yuck.
>>
File: kendrick-lamar-moty-gq-1213-.jpg (140KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
kendrick-lamar-moty-gq-1213-.jpg
140KB, 880x587px
>>71769191
Kendrick
>>
File: JBLAy.png (697KB, 722x481px) Image search: [Google]
JBLAy.png
697KB, 722x481px
Blaze.

>>71769242
He's not a producer, dumdum.
>>
>>71769191
It's a fucking tough one - I feel like madlib has overtaken him now but dilla's legacy will last for generations

flylo tho
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 200x192px
>>71769358
>but dilla's legacy will last for generations
this is what happens when a mediocre producer dies young.
>>
Dr Dre
>>
>>71769387
nice unpopular opinion you got there
>>
>>71769191
madlob
>>
Madlib.

Dilla's beats were pretty repetitive but still nice but fuck that Blue album was so good
>>
>>71769402
no one gave a shit about this dude until he died.

Then all the phonies jumped on the virtue signaling bandwagon.

Sorry, but that's what actually happened.
>>
>>71769499
nah dude dillas been around forever producing for tribe, etc

people knew about him before his death
>>
>>71769499
Well he definately blew up but look at his production credits leading up to 2006 and see how many Hip-Hop artists he had already worked with up until that point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Dilla_discography

clearly was doing pretty well beforehand
>>
>>71769551
Not saying dude is terrible or anything.

Just that he became a star AFTER he died.
>>
>>71769625
lmao who cares if people started liking his shit after he died
doesnt change the fact that his music was great
>>
>>71770005
If it was soooooo great, why did he become 100x more popular after he died?
>>
>>71770044
lol retard
>>
>>71769499
>virtue signaling

fox news and /mu/ overlap in demographics??
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8xJsN2Hs1E

THE SECRET IS IN NEW YORK!!!

ITS ALL IN NEW YORK!!!!!
>>
>>71770080
>>71770125
truth hurt?
>>
>>71769625
Donuts was by far his best album. The fact that it was so good, and played like a farewell gift made him really become a legend. All of his other stuff is mostly good but it really was hit or miss. Either they're just snippets of a good beat, or boring in the way a uninspired beat can be. He also picked some weak rappers to feature. They don't do anything but distract you that's how boring they are.
>>
>>71769191
Definitely Dilla.

>>71769499
>>71769625
>>71770044
You forgetting all the shit he did for Slum Village which got him noticed in the underground scene?
You gotta admit, donuts has great tracks on it whether or not his death is taken into consideration.
>>
>>71770799
I've been into hiphop forever.

He was a marginal figure (at best) before he died.

And Slum Village fucking sucked. At least reference the Pharcyde tracks he did.
>>
>>71770846
I know that JD is overrated, mostly because of various labels releasing as much posthumous shit as they can. But how can you say that Fantastic vol 2 is shit? There's a bunch of instrumentals he produced from that and the Donuts era that are great.
Sure, no one gave a shit about him when he was alive, but that shouldn't undermine some of the music he did produce.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.