[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /mu/ i know this is a long shot but..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I doubt any of you actually play music but its worth a shot

I bought a Shure microphone today, the problem is the one Shure sticker was peeled off so there is nothing readable on the microphone (besides "Shure" on the inside of the XLR port)

It could either be the BETA 87a
or the BETA 87c

They are identical, from what I can tell,l so I have no way of knowing which version I have. I really want it to be the BETA 87c because it's a great stage mic.

Does /mu/ know if i can tell the difference in anyway? google did not help me. the 87 C is a cardioid pattern microphone

(they both come in those same 2 colors)
>>
>>71767705
unscrew the windscreen, be careful not to touch the capsule when it's exposed
the directional pattern is printed in blue on the base of the capsule mount, a cardioid on the C capsule and a supercardioid on the A type
>>
>>71767857
thank you very much. i left the mic at work tonight so i will check in the morning, but i wrote that down.

Do you have one? is it a good mic?
>>
>>71767887
I don't own one but I work with them, especially with the wireless version since 15 years
for the price it's a solid microphone and it's fucking indestructible like everything shure and that's the main thing for rental and touring.
I prefer the neumann kms and dpa dfacto, though if I have the choice and don't need something that works in a sandstorm
>>
>>71767982
i paid $20 for it. im pretty happy. it sounded great when i hooked it up
>>
>>71768063
well can't go wrong for that price, the 87a is a great mic as well if it turns out to be that one
>>
>>71768089
Ive been watching some videos and i cant even tell a difference between the two
>>
>>71768284
they sound pretty similar on-axis, the main difference is back vs side / diffuse field rejection
>>
>>71768307
do you work in a studio our at a venue?
>>
>>71768401
broadcast production, mostly OB. worst of both worlds
>>
>>71768431
what do they use the 87a's for? vocals or something else?
>>
>>71768539
vocals, exclusively. pretty much everyone speaking or singing on a stage gets one of these if there's no lav or headset required
if sound reinforcement is there then you can be sure that at least a couple of these are at the job, it's the absolute standard wireless condenser
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.