[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kg/ - Keyboard General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: TomOberheim-DaveSmith.jpg (72KB, 600x295px) Image search: [Google]
TomOberheim-DaveSmith.jpg
72KB, 600x295px
I'm looking to buy my first real polysynth for shits and giggles, talk me off the ledge.
>>
>>71758323
>OB-6

Do it, faggot
>>
>>71759437
Does anyone here actually have experience with it or are you all a bunch of poorfags.

I want to see/hear what you can do with the detune as the sounds I've heard from it so far have that classic Oberheim punch but still seem a little too controlled and sterile to me. Then again, I'm less of a 4/8-voice fan and really dig the crunch of the OB-Xa and the howl/growl of the OB-8
>>
>>71759597
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>71759597
i've never been sold on 4+ voice poly... just seems like that many voices is unneeded, unless you really plan on performing some orchestral pieces... and if the desire is more oscillators per voice, that can be achieved with another cheaper poly with some cv/midi
>>
>>71761480
Pad chords make me moist, though, and 4 oscillators is a little limiting in that regard.

It's one of those "it's not that I actually plan on using 6 voices that often, but they're nice to have for the odd times that you need them" sort of deals.

I am also just in love with that Oberheim sound and since I'm mostly interested in synthwave/nowave sounds, it seems perfect for that role.
>>
>>71761480
What would you recommend for a hardware poly?
>>
local pickup DX7 for $250 y/n?
>>
>>71762565
That was a decent price for a DX7 a decade ago, if it's all kosher I'd jump on it for that much money.

Once you can fathom programming it, you can get some amazing sounds out of an old FM machine like that.
>>
>>71762565
Do it, for tub bells alone
>>
>>71762965
>>71762808
okey
anything to look out for?
>>
>>71763267
No clue, but I'm guessing that it powers up, that all the keys work, and that all the presets, buttons, and menus work. Also, any unusual buzzing/hissing/whatever or any other unwanted noise in the sound output.

Those digital synths were damn near indestructible, especially the DX-7's, which is why there are so many of them left.
>>
berhringer model d clone when
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.