[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album makes Hospice sound like a standup routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

This album makes Hospice sound like a standup routine
>>
after hearing this album I felt like listening to some red house painters to cheer me up
>>
>>71753849
except that Hospice is actually somewhat about music
>>
>tfw Soria Moria is The Moon 2
>>
>>71753997
rofl theres a song called "moon sequel" you should check out

as for the album its incredibly powerful but seeing all this praise for it feels almost cheap (?) im not really sure how to describe the feeling. the actual music in it is alright but its more like a soundtrack that would go along with a spoken word album.
>>
>>71753849
This album shouldn't have been released. We weren't supposed to hear this.
>>
it's only good because she died and it only exists because she died. what a conundrum
>>
haven't heard it yet and i don't have time to sit through snorecore right now but i loved hospice

hit me with the best or most emotional song from "A crow looked at me"
>>
>>71753861
its not for singing about
>>
>>71753861
>hushed vocals
>distortion
>LOUD GUITARS
>MORE DRUMS
>LOUD VOCALS
>hushed vocals
>distortion
>LOUD GUITARS
>MORE DRUMS
>LOUD VOCALS
>distortion
>hushed vocals
yeah, real great music you got there.
>>
>>71754079
rather, its good because we care about phil
>>
File: 1489897781535.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
1489897781535.png
318KB, 496x559px
>DEATH IS REAL
>SOMEONE'S THERE AND THEN THEY'RE NOT
>>
>>71754111
>generic guitar melodies with sad vocals is much more about music
>>
>>71754088
really got to listen to the whole thing but I'd say ravens is the hardest hitting, maybe real death
>>
>>71754138
the first line in seaweed is the hardest hitting lyric then either ravens or soria moria
>>
>>71754088
its hard to say, "soria moria" seems to be the one people are gravitating to. all the songs play out like memories phil had of her and/or their daughter and the lyrics adress her directly as if they were letters. no spoilers but i like "swims" the best :)
>>
>>71754130
>being this stupid
>>
>>71754138
>>71754146
i'll just listen to it later tonight, didn't know it was an entire thing about his deceased wife

rip elverum wife
>>
>>71754076
that's exactly what this album feels like, i feel invasive
>>
>>71754146
+1 for swims
>>
i love how he mentions how long its been since she died about 5 times in the album. shit hits you right in the feels every time
>>
>>71754144
it's just that line in real death about "a future you know deep down wouldn't include you" it fucks me up and the you've been dead for 11 days/one month and 3 days theme is horribly fucking depressing too
>>
File: 1388750064357.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1388750064357.png
22KB, 400x400px
>we are all so close to not existing at all
>>
>>71754207
I remember when that song dropped. I am a DJ at my school's radio station and I started listening to it about halfway through the last song before a stop set. When I got there I just started weeping; I had to queue up an 8 minute song to compose myself. During the set I said "Phil Elverum has a new song but I can't play it because I can't bear to hear it again. If you are in an environment where crying is okay, check it out on soundcloud."
This album is really heavy
>>
File: soria moria.jpg (2MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
soria moria.jpg
2MB, 1400x1400px
>>
>>71754175
>I can't refute your statement
>I'll just call you stupid instead
>>
>>71753849
this is a 3.5/5 at best
>>
>>71754557
let me guess, you only like the glow2 because /mu/ tells you its good and you dont listen to anything in the same genre? other than more /mu/core of course.
>>
bjump
>>
listening to it made me tear up but looking at the lyrics they're pretty cringe
>>
>>71754324
It's not about calling you stupid. It's your stupidity that is so baffling. So baffling you don't deserve a response because you clearly would not have the mental capacity to absorb (what would be for you) its complexities.
>>
>>71753849
Kinda boring desu but it made a lot more sense after hearing about Phil describing it as "barely music."
>>
>>71755686
>>
>>71755718
>I increasingly reveal my abnormally low IQ with each post
>>
>>71755739
>>
>It's dumb and I don't want to learn anything from this
>I love you

That is so hard hitting.
>>
>>71754076
>>71754189
It's manipulative. Unfair to the listener. I understand artists expressing their feelings through music but idk it just feels off with this release and how explicit everything is.
>>
>>71756818
it literally feels like your wife died
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.