[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hurt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: The_Downward_Spiral.png (109KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
The_Downward_Spiral.png
109KB, 220x220px
Personally I think the NIN version of this song is far better, but all my friends seem to disagree with me. Let's settle this argument, who did it better, Johnny Cash or NIN?
>>
where is the strawpoll dudearoo?
>>
NIN, the johnny cash version is indulgent rubbish.

>it's deep because he's old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atme6okbdH0

the (quiet) version is the definitive hurt experience.
>>
>>71752499
Piano hurt>guitar hurt
>>
>>71752499
NINs version is far superior in every musical way and form. The only thing the original has going for it is the fact that Cash sings it.
>>
File: master baiter.jpg (64KB, 498x580px) Image search: [Google]
master baiter.jpg
64KB, 498x580px
>>71752601
>The original

This is some quality b8 anon, but I'm not biting.
>>
Trent Reznor, for all his talents and genius, cannot fucking sing, so it's obviously gotta be Johnny
>>
I prefer Cash's version
>>
Cash does do the vocals better and clearer but Trent's versions have some serious heart to them especially after playing TDS in its entirety

>>71752528
this is the best version, I actually don't like the version that appeared on TDS much anymore
>>
They're 2 very different songs with the same theme. The other is about after the suicide with regret about it, the other is accepting the inevitable death that's in nature of us.
>>
NIN is the correct answer
>>
>>71752499
Cash 100%, his vocal delivery is leagues ahead of Reznor's on a song that's all about the lyrics and what they mean.
>>
As a finale to TDS its incredible but on their own Johnny Cash's definitely sounds better, but if we are talking about Trent playing it live on the piano then that wins by miles.
>>
This is the best version of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvJKVKglIRs
>>
>>71755170
Ditto. Underrated dvd.
>>
NIN, because Cash's version is the reddit version
>>
>>71755239
The opposite is true actually.
>>
>>71755249
nope
>>
>>71755249
Not true
>>
Suicide or Looking back on your life near your death bed

That's the difference in the versions to me
>>
I identify myself more with Trent.
>>
File: reznor.jpg (49KB, 657x370px) Image search: [Google]
reznor.jpg
49KB, 657x370px
>>71752499
>IIIIiii...shat myself today
>>
I like both versions, but find the NIN version more powerful in the context of The Downward Spiral.
>>
>>71755331
>>71755610
If you guys want to associate reddit with that, go ahead. But they wank over Trent's mostly because of Rick and Morty.
>>
>>71755249
wrong
>>
>>71755769
Are you that fucking ignorant? Reddit even jokes about their "Cash > NIN" circlejerk
>>
>>71752499
When just listening to the songs on their own, I can understand why people say Cash's version is better. But The Downward Spiral is all build up to Trent's version, and it's a lot more satisfying.
>>
File: qwKqx.jpg (185KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
qwKqx.jpg
185KB, 1280x960px
>>71752499
Unpopular opinion: I don't like either version.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.