[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he have any good songs besides 3005, sweatpants, and sober?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: fb682e78.jpg (51KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
fb682e78.jpg
51KB, 790x395px
Does he have any good songs besides 3005, sweatpants, and sober?
>>
>>71751668
worldstar is good, also redbone
>>
>>71751909
Redbone lacks any sort of hook. He got way too experimental with that entire album
>>
>>71751668
>his most commercial songs

he does but I won't tell you which ones because you're a pleb who doesn't dig for himself past the radio singles
>>
>>71751923
>way too experimental
ahahahohohohohoho
>>
>>71751923
I agree. I think I only really enjoyed redbone out of the entire album.
>>
>>71751951
>sober
>commercial
>>
>>71751668
I liked Stand tall
>>
>>71751909
>worldstar
>songs with non-lyrical interludes

Literally my least favorite thing that /mu/ seems to jizz over
>>
>>71752003
>Redbone
>Experimental
>>
>>71752088
Not necessarily Redbone which is why it's the standout song from that album.
>>
>>71751668
california?
>>
From Awaken I'd say my fav songs are:
>Me and your mama
>Boogieman
>Redbone
>Baby boy
>Stand tall

Pretty decent project but as a whole forgettable. I still listen to the singles now and again just cuz how good they are.
>>
heartbeat
>>
>>71751923
>experimental
>70s funk ripoffs without instruments
nuke the board
>>
>>71751668
Terrified, Baby Boy, Redbone, and Me and Your Mama from his latest album are pretty good. Personally I think he's a pretty shitty rapper but a good singer.
>>
>>71752245
I suppose it would be easy to think that if you only listened to the first 15 seconds of each song
>>
>>71751923
>way too experimental
I want reddit to leave
>>
>>71752245
fucking this, that guys post was just fucking embarrassing
>>
>>71751923
>experimental
>>
Gambino is the new Cudi. Expect 2 good songs every decade or so and a truckload of shit inbetween
>>
>>71751668
>flight of the navigator
>oakland
>worldstar
>crawl

Corny rapper but great producer.
>>
>>71752271
no thats essentially all the album is. Its fine to like it i enjoy red bone, me and your mama, and baby boy but to call the album experimental is ridiculous
>>
>>71751668
The Palisades, Earth: The Oldest Computer, Zealots of Stockholm, he even has some gems in his old trash like LES and My Shine
>>
>flight of the navigator
>urn
>redbone
>me and your momma
>zealots of stockholm
>playing around before the party starts
>>
>>71752400
also Flight of the Navigator
>>
>>71752377
>two minutes into every song
>complete shift in tone and genre

This is Gambino's attempt at experimentation. When did /mu/ confuse experimental with genre breaking or abstract?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Camp was a great album.
>>
>>71752452
Typically when discussing music "experimental" is used to describe challenging/new ideas in music. Not an artists change in direction
>>
Me and your mama.
>>
>>71752525
This invalidates the common definition
>>
>>71752550
Words often take different meanings in different contexts
>>
>>71752683
You're fucking retarded. In a good way of course! :^)
>>
>>71752701
Ok sure
>>
He doesn't even have any good songs
>>
>>71752550
autist
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.