[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Hamilton? Best track? /pol/ need not apply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 13717-3.jpg (47KB, 230x355px) Image search: [Google]
13717-3.jpg
47KB, 230x355px
Thoughts on Hamilton? Best track? /pol/ need not apply
>>
>>71750808
Inadvertently hilariously racist.

The image of black people dressed in 18th century clothing with powdered wigs speaking with the cadence and accents in an exaggerated way is unmistakably reminiscent to old minstrel shows and slave theaters where slave owners and citizens would dress up the Africans in "people" clothes and make them sing and dance and act out scenes for their amusement. It was sidesplittingly hilarious to them just to see black people dressed up like "normal people" and talking like they do, like putting hats on dogs.

The musical being full of that exact same imagery of the condescending and racist pageantry of that very historical time period is too ironic not to be funny, but also probably went completely over the heads of whoever was writing the show and producing it. They've literally recreated the exact circumstances of the past. Walking into Hamilton, sitting down, and watching the show, you're actually getting the historical experience of one of these racial minstrel's shows, having blacks dress up like foppish pre-Victorians and cavort about a stage for your entertainment.

I really don't know how they didn't see this when they were in previews.
>>
Honestly it kinda sucks after the opener
It really is only popular because of muh diversity and the fact that it uses rap. This is not to say any of that is inherently bad, its just that its a gimmick and people always pay attention to gimmicks if they make use of what the most popular trends are.
This musical will not be remembered in 25 years the way Les Miserables for example is.
>>
>>71751159
Nice copypasta
>>
Alexander Hamilton was a tool for the British and does not deserve any form of praise.
>>
I haven't actually listened to it but I hate it because people who have a healthy social life that I could never have enjoy it and it doesn't fit my preconceived, elitist notions of what music should be
>>
>>71751164
It might not be remembered as well, but its impact will change broadway for quite some time I think do to imitators trying to copy the popularity.
>>
>>71751184
Can you elaborate? I'm genuinly curious
>>
>>71751208
I enjoy this post.
>>
>>71751184
>>71751159
Actually retarded posts

Also best song is The World Was Wide Enough and Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story
>>
Don't hate it, I think Lin Manuel-Miranda seems like a sweetheart IRL, but I fucking despise the circlejerk that surrounds this musical. And I'm a fan of musicals and hip-hop
>>
>>71751244
>Actually retarded posts

Fuck off Hamilton I'm glad Burr shot you dead you fucking Anglo puppet go jerk off to a $10 bill.
>>
>>71751244
Eliza's part kills WLWDWTYS for me. honestly, I never really enjoyed an Eliza song past Helpless. That being said, Room Where It Happens a best. Dear Theodosia friends need not apply here
>>
>>71751288
I'm not Alexander Hamilton you asshole and even if I was you think i would defend my self image after 300 years?
Log off and go back to fucking your slave girl Jefferson
>>
I don't like it
>>
>>71751630
Philip PLEASE go to bed. Your father's a scoundrel and so it seems are you
>>
>>71751208
this desu :^)
>>
>>71751660
>it's a "a loose conglomerate of farmers is a perfectly stable government" episode
gr8 b8 m8 in the year of our lord 1788
>>
>>71750808
Not /pol/ but my girlfriend played me some songs from it and it was the gayest stuff I've heard in my life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.