[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What rap will I like if I like Kendrick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: kendrick hmmmm.jpg (127KB, 619x412px) Image search: [Google]
kendrick hmmmm.jpg
127KB, 619x412px
What rap will I like if I like Kendrick?
>>
west coast rap, g-funk, and underground concious rap
>>
Aquemini, Follow The Leader, Low End Theory
>>
>>71750140
specific artists pls
>>
>>71750160
Homeboy Sandman
>>
File: Imgur_west.jpg (811KB, 1800x750px) Image search: [Google]
Imgur_west.jpg
811KB, 1800x750px
Kendrick continues 2pac's legacy so start with that. It won't be tough because his first album was pretty good.

Then just follow this, probably hitting some major ones first like The Chronic or Warren G's Regulate.

Conscious shit brings to mind rappers like Doom or The Orphanage (Eyedea, Aesop Rock, Slug, Illogic) or Immortal Technique. All who I would say have made good and cringey records as it is a tight line to balance.
>>
>>71750290
>Doom
>Aesop rock
>Conscious
stop being silly, anon
>>
>>71750106
YOung THugGa
>>
More kendrick
>>
What kind of Kendrick fan are you? Do you like the west coast instrumentals? Do you like the lyricism? Do you like he fact that there's someone in 2017 who will attack and fiercely spit on the microphone?
>>
>>71751262
instrumentation
>>
>>71751452
nigger like modern or smooth or boom-bap
>>
Kendrick just stealth announced his new album and no one is talking about it, why?
>>
>>71750290
>Continues 2 pac legacy
Nigga, Kendrick is MILES away from 2Pac, stop hyping that nigga up cause he was important.

Yeah sure he is important but he doesnt hold a fucking candle to Kendrick or other great rappers from NY.
>>
>>71753114
The fuck are you talking about. You have zero clue of how big tupac is and was.

He's a cultural icon and known worldwide, like it or not. His voice had a unique energy that connected with an entire generation, his story was interesting, and he made good music. He doesn't have to be the best. Dre isn't the best rapper either.
>>
>>71753197
Thats what im saying, he's big because hes culturally important, he's not a great rapper is what im saying.
Thanks for proving my point you little bitch ass nigga.

Good is subjective but his music was definitely not good besides some hits, his albums were all trash.
>>
>>71753197
>>71753220
tupac is a great rapper and kendrick is not. both of you are dumb
>>
>>71753285
>Literally saving Rap alone
>not good
>>
>>71753220
If that's what you were saying you're a giant retard for thinking Kendrick is that level.

>he's not a great rapper is what im saying
i disagree, he has a lot of good qualities

>hurr not good
I've seen at least 4 of his albums on different /mu/charts, he's had 2 go 10× Platinum, and his first album alone has some great tracks that tell me what a scrub no-name you are
>>
Aesop Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA
>>
>>71753303
he's not doing that though
rap has been dead for awhile now d00d. hip hop culture was swallowed by mainstream pop

don't believe me? nicki minaj and iggy azalea are considered rappers? yeah.... think about that....
>>
>>71753324
>muh mainstream rap is shit so all rap is shit.
>>
>>71753324
>nicki minaj and iggy azalea are considered rappers?

by literally who? Feminists, white people, and herself? Literally no one takes her seriously in the rap game, and I don't even know who the other person is.

>d00d
>. h
>....
>....

Take your garbage high school self back to the youtube comments, faggot.
>>
>>71753381
kendrick lamar is mainstream but he still isn't good. what is your point?
>>71753394
>garbage high school self
>diss?
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry.. um wow
>>
>>71753305
>post one of the best song of the best album

You did well senpai.
>>
>>71753404
>kendrick lamar is mainstream but he still isn't good
>diss
>.. um wow

(You)
>>
>>71753439
great post
>>
>>71751262
this is specific but I like that little high pitch shit he does with his voice on songs like institutionalized or more extreme end of maad city for example
>>
>>71750106
Mick Jenkins
>>
Kendrick is not an interesting artist and the fact that hip-hop is still so easily categorized is proof that it has a long way to go before we consider it a serious art form.
>>
WE WUZ
>>
File: 1441348175462.gif (409KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1441348175462.gif
409KB, 720x404px
Well if anything he's proved that rock/indie fans on this board are super butt-hurt over the success of rap
>>
>>71754321
>indie fans

You do know indie fags idolized hip-hop artist you fucking pleb
>>
>>71753324
>im telling you man, rap is dead today and wont make it to 1994.

>dont believe me? criss cross and vanilla ice are considered good rappers? yeah.... think about that....
>>
Vince Staples
All of Black Hippy
Danny Brown
Most Def
Run The Jewels
>>
>>71750106
Aesop Rock, CunninLynguists, Pusha T, Kanye West, Danny Brown
>>
>>71754509
Ab Soul is too religious tho.
>>
>>71754542
Swap out Ab-Soul for Eyedea then
>>
>>71754563
Basically.
>>
>>71754542
>religious
>>
>>71750290
>Shades of Blue
>Hip Hop

???????
>>
>>71750160
macklemore
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.