[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roommates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: come on.jpg (104KB, 1186x668px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
104KB, 1186x668px
>be me
>be unironically enjoying Death grips
>roommate catches me listening to spikes
>he says "i cant believe you like this and not dubstep
>I say,"but this isnt dubstep"
>roomate plays skrillex
>says "see"

this isnt the first time. its been going on all year. he also said that david bowie is just him moaning over a cheezy guitar lick. what do?
>>
>>71747914
you're both closet homos. deal with it.
>>
>>71747941
he has gf
>>
>>71747955
it's a facade op, he wants ur boipussy.
>>
>>71747955
>gf
gay friend
ha ha he's gay just like you
>>
>>71747914
you sound like an insufferable faggot, props to him for standing up against your closet homo shit.

>le epic generic /mu/tant that likes death grips and le bowie art man :-)

If someone claims to like bowie but not the current top 40 coming out right now, you can just drop them that instant without a shred of remorse. That's a dead poseur giveaway.
>>
>>71747984
>>71748031
damn, but im straight :(
>>
>>71748069
>likes typical /mu/ stuff; therefore a poser who doesnt actually like what he claims to listen to

when will this meme end? why do you think im unauthentic?
>>
>>71748134
>therefore a poser who doesnt actually like what he claims to listen to

Huh? When did I say that? I just said you're a faggot. You're the type of guy that whines when people complain about his shitty music he plays out loud.

Also, spikes is basically dubstep with a gimmick hook and le industrial shit in the background barely keeping it from being full blown skrillex tier.

ALSO. Again with bowie, he's also right. Dude made trendy pop and only faggots trying to be cool still think he was anything more than a bygone relic. It's especially insufferable and hateable if someone listens to bowie in 2017 but for some strange, unknown, godforsaken reason thinks top 40 is of any lesser quality than anything bowie ever mad.
>>
>>71748069
>people are ACTUALLY going to fall for this shit-tier bait
sad tbqh
>>
File: 181.jpg (23KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
23KB, 400x302px
>>71748257
He's right. Bowie made decent, trendy pop. The only reason he's still remembered is he had plenty of gimmicks that fell neatly into the "artsy" trends of the time. People are frauds and gullible trend hopping retards in the art world. You could make totally average and unremarkable music, but as long as it's got some melancholy, you take nice pictures with "artsy" aesthetics, and you make sure to have le standard dada shit thrown in, the "art world" will never stop sucking your dick. Bowie is a total fraud in that sense. What he did then is on par with someone like mac demarco or my chemical romance nowadays, doing totally average allbeit however competent music with a gimmick of le artsy pose or aesthetic, suddenly rendering it as "Artistic" in pop culture's eyes.

Untalented? No, he made decent pop, but someone that listens to him in 2017 and is thinking "man, this is so much better/creative than todays top 40" is so fucking vapid and boring I don't know how anybody could ever want their shitty "opinion" on anything music, or art related, for that matter.
>>
>>71748069
>>71748377
bait
>>
>>71748377
OP here. i agree. he's good, but not transcendental. i never once said i dislike "top 40". (even though i do) but thats beside the point.

i dont go around shitting on top 40. I love music, but I never talk about music unless someone else brings it up. when they ask "hey do you like 21p?" i say "theyre not my cup of tea." im willing to leave it at that. but people go on, theyre like "WHAT?!? WHY NOT??YOU THINKYOURESOMEEDGYHIPSTERFAGWHOTHINKSHEHAS""""GOOOD TASTE"""""BLAHBLAHBLAH...." it gets annoying
>>
>>71748546
Because they see how pretentious you are.

There's just literally no way you think david bowie is good pop, but think some other modern pop like rae schremmerd is bad. theyre both on the exact same level of talent and music making ability. nothing has changed in the industrys talent selection process.
>>
>>71748612
dude, rae sremmerd and bowie are completely different genres, sounds and appeals. Sremmurd is beat-party-get-laid-music. bowie is faux-but-okay-synth/glam-rock.

you're argument makes no sense. are you the type of person who listens to music for the status and not the music? because thats the only way you could justify your argument
>>
>>71748612
Your argument makes zero goddamn sense.
You're saying that someone who enjoys a couple Lady Gaga songs has to like Katy Perry as well because they're very similar , or else they're 'pretentious.'
Jesus. Do you ever go outside or talk to people away from 4chan? You're like the inverse of an art school music appreciation student.
>>
>>71748612
Change that to Lana Del Rey and I'll agree with this bait
>>
Many people have shitty god awful opinions on music. An overwhelming amount of people have shitty fucking terrible taste. Your frustration is understood here.

My college roommates all have very base levels of music taste, mostly they just listen to top 40 but one of my roommates gets down with MF Doom and Wu-Tang but he doesn't seek it out to listen to it himself. At least I have friends with good and different tastes than mine and can turn me on to stuff and I can show them stuff. With most people I just accept that they're going to most likely have bad or no real taste in music or like, any art books, movies etc.
>>
>>71747914
i worked with this guy who would play dubstep on a stereo at work me and my coworkers would just unplug the aux cord when he walked away. eventually he got the point and quit playing his music. this probably cant help you, youll probably just have to get some good noise cancelling headphones.
>>
>>71747914
Neither Skrillex nor Death Grips are dubstep
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.