[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Pitchfork is celebrating this album this week, what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg (96KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg
96KB, 300x300px
Since Pitchfork is celebrating this album this week, what are your thoughts on it? Also, are they going to review it tomorrow? Are we going to see the most epic review ever?
>>
There are better Radiohead albums like Kid A and In Rainbows
>>
>what are your thoughts on it?

It took a bit to grow on me but it was well worth it

off topic, but can anyone recommend me some high quality headphones (for listening to music only) for a decent price?
>>
I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. Radiohead were hunched over their instruments. Thom Yorke slowly beat on a grand piano, singing, eyes closed, into his microphone like he was trying to kiss around a big nose. Colin Greenwood tapped patiently on a double bass, waiting for his cue. White pearls of arena light swam over their faces. A lazy disco light spilled artificial constellations inside the aluminum cove of the makeshift stage. The metal skeleton of the stage ate one end of Florence's Piazza Santa Croce, on the steps of the Santa Croce Cathedral. Michelangelo's bones and cobblestone laid beneath. I stared entranced, soaking in Radiohead's new material, chiseling each sound into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only sound system for the material for months.

The experience and emotions tied to listening to Kid A are like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife on Imax. It's an album of sparking paradox. It's cacophonous yet tranquil, experimental yet familiar, foreign yet womb-like, spacious yet visceral, textured yet vaporous, awakening yet dreamlike, infinite yet 48 minutes. It will cleanse your brain of those little crustaceans of worries and inferior albums clinging inside the fold of your gray matter. The harrowing sounds hit from unseen angles and emanate with inhuman genesis. When the headphones peel off, and it occurs that six men (Nigel Godrich included) created this, it's clear that Radiohead must be the greatest band alive, if not the best since you know who. Breathing people made this record! And you can't wait to dive back in and try to prove that wrong over and over.
>>
>>71743188
Their second best album. Kid A is their best. But it has their best song, Let Down.
>>
>>71743188
I think the themes on this album are the best besides maybe Kid A, but musically it starts to fall short to a lot of their other work. Still a great album
>>
>>71743188
shit does not bang
>>
unpopular opinion incoming:

It's the most overrated Radiohead album ever. I prefer The Bends over it, but Kid A is my top favorite.
>>
>>71743188
it´s a masterpiece and everyone knows it

this, kid a, mbv´s loveless and swans´ soundtracks for the blind are undisputedly the /mu/ toprated records. hardly any day without a thread
>>
>>71743240
I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be a dick, but Google exists man.
>>
>>71744659
Soundtracks for the blind does not have daily threads. It has one today, but that's not common. It lost to spiderland in the polls, by the way. It's one of the less popular mucore albums
Should be
>ok computer
>kid a
>loveless
>itaots
>the glow pt 2
>itcotck
>spiderland
>>
doesn't bang
>>
>>71744837
>>71744579
bang is not a MUSIC THEORY TERM
Try again.
>>
>>71743244
this is the point anybody still taking pitchfork seriously should have stopped
>>
It's the album that made me acknowledge there is other music out there that is as good as I felt it was when i first listened to it. It's still one of my favourites, but when I was about 15 I exclusively listen to it everyday for about 3 months on end.
>>
>>71743188
*deletes second half*

Now it's the best RH album.
>>
Kid A and OK computer are both overrated.

The Bends is their most cohesive artistic statement and suffers from none of the pretension which afflicts those two albums.
>>
solid 7 and a half.
>>
I genuinely like it. It took awhile to grow on me, like most Radiohead albums. I love the concept, or at least pretending there is one
>>
>>71743240
How much are you looking to spend, my man? Any idea what kind of sound signature you're looking for? Closed or open? HD650s and an OTL tube amp are a great combo.
>>
It took a while but I realised Exit Music is the best track on there. It's probably 0.1 higher than the other amazing songs, but there's not a single track I wouldn't give at least a 7.5
>>
>>71743188
>are they going to review it tomorrow

They've already reviewed it years ago. Gave it a 10/10.
>>
How come their best albums are the least pretentious in the discography?

King of Limbs, In Rainbows, The Bends and A Moon Shaped Pool might be the best ones t.b.h.
>>
>>71745737
250 max
>>
>>71744814
no mpp?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.