[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people born in the late 70s called Millennials? Didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: oWmPi3P.png (131KB, 646x411px) Image search: [Google]
oWmPi3P.png
131KB, 646x411px
Why are people born in the late 70s called Millennials?

Didn't they growing up listening to music like Nirvana and Soundgarden? And escaped high school right before cheesy shit like Backstreet boys, Britney Spears, and Hanson began taking over? And spent most their teen years in the grungy mid-90s rather than "da bling bling" 90s that began around 1998?

So how are they Millennials?
>>
i thought millennials were early 80s to mid 90s.
it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
I was born in 77 and I don't know either. I thought I was the information generation. I don't even know what generation Y means.
>>
Pretty much boomer-centric
>>
The most common definition of Millennial I've heard is someone 18 or younger by the turn of the century, so basically 1982-2000. I think that makes the most sense.
>>
>demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
>>
Also if I've ever referred to myself as anything being born in 77 it's been "an 80s kid"

3-12 years old from 1980-89 is definitive child of the 80s
>>
The "80s", culturally, kinda began a few years before the decade began. Musically, disco was on the way out and synths were the new thing. Millennials are children of the 80s and raised by gen xers normally. Gen Z is for people born after the internet became wide spread and lived their whole lives with the internet being a constant thing. When people are referring to millennials as college kids, it depends on who they're talking about. People who are 20 are more likely to be considered gen z, but people who are 25 are more likely to be considered millennials.
>>
>>71742765
>>71742797
>>71742850
I know but this is Google's top result,

Google said late 70s are millennials so it must be true.
>>
>>71742643
I heard it was 1982-1998
>>
>>71742643
You mean Generation X
>>
Born-in-1980-fag here

I'm not a millennial. You guys are fucking idiots, and I am not. You don't put anything into historical context, you want to create meaningless superfluous subgenres, you want to redefine everything, you are entitled, lazy and want to take down things that were good from previous generations out of sheer boredom and jealousy.

I would really rather die than be lumped into the same generation of you morons

pls kys
>>
File: 1466385742180.gif (496KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466385742180.gif
496KB, 500x270px
>>71743002
>>
>>71743002
salty millennial
>>
>>71742972
Nah I'm a little too young I think. Generation X for example was the movie Slacker in 1991 and I was only 14 then. Gen X was my friends older siblings. Sure I was obsessed with Nevermind when it came out but I was still a little too young to belong to it so to speak. I was "belonged more" to In Utero especially since I saw that tour and also his death especially since his body was found on my 17th birthday
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.