[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This feels like nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: R-127622-1250208679.jpeg.jpg (6KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
R-127622-1250208679.jpeg.jpg
6KB, 280x280px
It reminds me of being young and getting lost in the woods or walking through the suburbs and sitting on the sidewalk and getting lost in your own thoughts. It sounds like pure nostalgia...

The ending of I Only Said alone makes me want to cry from happiness. Come In Alone makes me feel shivers from the sound of the 90's and dark hallways at an abandoned school. You know those movies you used to love when you were young? That smell of old times? This is it in music form. This album is perfection.
>>
*cries from nostalgia*
>>
True
>>
>A completely pedestrian work. The groundwork is bland melodies that no one could make appear anything but amateurish, thus Shields & co. decided to cleverly hide them amidst loud and irritating drone, some cardboard drums and vocalists so bad I seriously cannot fathom why anyone ever thought it was a good idea to record them. Now, I obviously do not oppose the concept itself, given my well-established love for The Jesus & Mary Chain, but I feel there is a fundamental difference between the bands: while JAMC worked noise into songs, taking ear-piercing white noise as something to work with harmonically, MBV layer chunks of coarse not-quite-so-white noise over their subpar Britpop trifles of songs. The result is not hypnotising, haunting, dreamy or whatever vague adjective you choose to apply, to me it all sounds rather morose. The work of a band who dabbled in pop music and (understandably) decided it was not their forte, choosing to expand their half-formed songs to crude noisy "jams" that certainly don't sound like quarter a million pounds was spent on them. It's lifeless, anemic, and essentially boring.
rym hate thread?
>>
>>71734889

Fuck I hate the pretentious hipsters who hate on this masterpiece. They're either deaf or just completely stuck up with shit taste. Ugh.
>>
Wow well said OP
>>
Can you please talk about other albums? Yes, its a masterpiece, it transcends all of time and all of that, but seriously there is more music out there. Everything that is said has been said. I agree with the OP but I feel like I see this album posted twice a day.
>>
>>71734693
Some japanese shoegaze band called Coaltar of the Deepers had that effect on me. Their discography is entertaining.
>>
>>71735051

yeah? what album?
>>
This just sounds like Lost in Translation to me. But, like, really good.
>>
True
>>
>>71734889
Lol why does every RYM user have an inflated self worth? like as if harping on an album older than them somehow makes their lives any better
>>
>>71734889
I don't get the hate for noise
>>
>>71736610
They think they have to be p4k or Christgau.

>>71734889
Their loss.
>given my well-established love for The Jesus & Mary Chain, but I feel there is a fundamental difference between the bands: while JAMC worked noise into songs, taking ear-piercing white noise as something to work with harmonically, MBV layer chunks of coarse not-quite-so-white noise over their subpar Britpop trifles of songs.
What a faggot
>>
>>71734889
>he thinks JAMC's songwriting is good
how
>>
>>71734972
I hate the pretentious hipsters who actually like this drivel
>>
>>71734693
This was quite underwhelming, desu. /mu/ hyped it so much, yet it's okay at best. When You Sleep and Loomer are the only tracks that are good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.