[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a edgier band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (10KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 176x176px
Name a edgier band
>>
>>71733734
the sword.
>>
>>
>>71733734
any death metal band and most black metal bands

allow me to give you an excerpt from cannibal corpse's "entrails ripped from a virgin's cunt"

>My knife's jammed in your ass
>As you die you orgasm
pottery
>>
>>71733734
DEATH GRIPS
>>
NWA, next question
>>
I USED TO WANNA KILL MYSELF
CAME UP STILL WANNA KILL MYSELF
MY LIFE IS GOING NOWHERE
I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I DON'T CARE
>>
Cannibal Corpse.
>>
The Beatles

"We're bigger than Jesus"? Come on.
>>
What the fuck is Young God even about? How do the lyrics relate to the title?
>>
>>71733862
probably about how much gira hates catholics, he's made shitloads of songs and one album dedicated to that concept
with the "young god" being jesus and how they hide their misdeeds behind faith (flesh)
>>
>>71733734
The funny fact is that shit like Slipknot or Death Metal is always called "edgy" but the bands doesn't even take it seriously, but then there are crap like early Swans or Whitehouse which is even more edgy and the fuckers they actually were serious about it, fucking degenerates and worthless pieces of shit.
>>
>>71734035
Someone's upset
>>
File: 1489889452631.jpg (369KB, 764x543px) Image search: [Google]
1489889452631.jpg
369KB, 764x543px
>>71734035
Swans is edgy in how they express their metaphors/meanings the song "raping a slave" isn't about raping a slave (they're not the rolling stones lmao) it's about oppression and power, possibly capitalism. Gira was actually an art student, a lot of people don't know that.

Slipknot and Death Metal on the other hand simply sing about edgy things for edge's sake, to posture that they're alternative, underground, dark when they're really just shitty metal.

Whitehouse is comprised of actual degenerates that much is true, but they're also much more obscure than Swans, Slipknot, or Death Metal/Deathcore.

And they've strangely got artistic merit as well, nominated for several awards in "auditory arts" for Bird Seed, which is actually a critique of popular culture.
Why you never became a dancer is a review of an art film titled "why I never became a dancer,"
and wriggle like an eel is apparently a song against dance trends "Can you do the chlorine gargoyle?"
then with philosophy it's just pretty much william bennet being an edgy fucktard and sotos' track is a good a guess as any's in terms of meaning.
Cut Hands has the solution seems like a very personal track addressed to someone Bennet know.
Munkisi Munkondi is just bennet exploring world music in a power electronic context by trying to sound like an african or something, a trend he continued with his Cut Hands project.
>>
>>71733862
It's sung from the persepctive of Ed Gein, a serial killer and graverobber from the 50's who made furniture and clothes out of human skin.
>>
>>71734343
>Cut Hands has the solution seems like a very personal track addressed to someone Bennet know.
I never got that from it at all, it seems like it's just directed at a certain type of person, I'm sure you've come in contact with them before
>>
>>71733818
>lel peep
>band
>>
Whitehouse
>>
>>71733734
I saw them live a few weeks ago.
It was like having blue balls for three hours.
Not even edging, just blue balls.
Can't recommend.
>>
>>71734343
>Gira was actually an art student
you say that like its supposed to be impressive
>>
Almost every other power electronics or death industrial band out there.

You must be new.
>>
>>71734343
Death Metal doesn't just consist of Cannibal Corpse or Devourment clones, you know? maybe you should try looking into genres at least a little bit before you dismiss them
>>
>>71734035
>fucking degenerates and worthless pieces of shit.
Sounds like Whitehouse lyrics, maybe they are not the only edgy ones here.
>>
>>71734343
>and wriggle like an eel is apparently a song against dance trends "Can you do the chlorine gargoyle?"
The wriggling eel and the chlorine gargoyle are actually about a gay guy who got (presumably forcibly) drowned at a party. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>71733758
delete this please
>>
brainbombs
>>
If you think Swans is edgy, you really don't understand Art, the No-wave scene, and Michael Gira's backstory.
>>
>>71737894
They ARE edgy, regardless of what I think of them
>>
the raunchous brothers
>>
>>71733734
Are we talking strictly good music here?

Can this count?

https://youtu.be/cYQ8Ms4KhSE
>>
>>71733758
why does this varg guy pose like an instagram thot?
>>
/pol/
>>
>>71734035
>degenerates

can people who unironically use this as an insult just kill themselves please
>>
>>71733734
Skrewdriver
also *an edgier
>>
>>71733752
Or the knife
>>
>>
To be honest Swans lyrical content or imagery isn't radically different from most other rock bands. It's only their style of music that makes them seem "edgy". I think that Gira has written about a wide range of subjects over many decades and the big picture seems pretty natural. They've had their own share of mellow and harsh songs.
>>
>>71733734
Mayhem
Emperor

the list goes on...
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.