[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOAD was my gateway into metal, where should I go next?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: System of a Down.jpg (8KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
System of a Down.jpg
8KB, 280x180px
SOAD was my gateway into metal, where should I go next?
>>
File: 1478744919303.jpg (301KB, 1200x1195px)
1478744919303.jpg
301KB, 1200x1195px
>>71732270
somewhere good
>>
>>71732270
back out the gate
>>
>>71732270
if you wanna go to the beginning, go to the first 7 black sabbath albums, if you want 80's, go to the first 4 metallica albums, if you want 90's, go to Pantera, if you want current, god help you.
>>
>>71732288
Holy shit anon this is pretty good
>>
>>71732348
glad you like it. be sure to check out their next record, welcome to sky valley, if you enjoy all of it
>>
>>71732270
here's a litle list of metal stuff that are worth listening at (it's not all that exist but it will do for a start)
Gojira, Death, Burzum, Mayhem, iron maiden (the first 5 are great but the whole discography is worth checking out), Mettalica (at least master of puppets and ride the lightning ), Opeth, Rage agaisnt the machine (only the first album is realy good but the others are enjoyable too), Regarde les hommes tombé, rahpsody of fire
(You should be good with those band sorry i can't remember other from the top of my head)
>>
Why is /mu/'s taste in metal outside of metal general so shit
>>
get into nu metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWBWeaNT9yk
>>
>>71732288
m8 kyuss at their best are just a lame version of melvins
>>71732635
mealgen has shit taste too tho
>>
Find the exit
>>
Discharge and Battalion of Saints respectively
>>
>>71732270
You need to figure out what genre you like most at first. Remember that all of these are concise introductions, and that I'm trying to pick a broad enough spectrum for each genre, but not too broad so that you can get a feel for it overall.
>Power
Try Helloween, Blind Guardian, or Gloryhammer. Rhapsody of Fire can also substitute for Gloryhammer -- both are heavily inspired by Italian music, yet Rhapsody of Fire has deeper roots in classical.
>Thrash
Try any of the big four - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, or Anthrax. Everyone knows Metallica, but taste can vary here. I personally like Anthrax the best.
>Progressive
Try Opeth, Dream Theater, or Mastadon. People might want to add things to this list. I do too; there is plenty of great prog metal that I would recommend. This is just some of it.
>Doom
Try Black Sabbath, Neurosis, and Ghost. All very different but all worth checking out.
>Death
Try Immolation, Suffocation, and Celtic Frost. Immolation and Suffocation were not as much pioneers as they were refiners of the genre. Celtic Frost has a nice sound that is easy to get into.
>Precursor/Traditional
Iron Maiden and Motorhead.

Please remember that this is just what comes to mind for me.
>>
>>71733380
I can't tell which one I like the most, I enjoy all of these
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.