[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on King Krule?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1152325.jpg (237KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1152325.jpg
237KB, 1200x800px
Thoughts on King Krule?
>>
I like his stuff a lot.

6 feet beneath the moon is prime material for morning lifting.
>>
Really really good. The chords he plays are just beautiful, and i like the fact that his new songs feature sax, he's previously shown his admirations for the Lounge Lizards so i think he's moving in that direction. Not gonna lie the collaboration project he did with his brother was pretty dull and i find it a bit fucking ridiculous it's taking him this long to follow his debut. I also don't like the whole "I smoke the weed all the time, i like the weed". I'm from South East London and his music does speak to me, i think it should speak to most people on /mu. It's about feeling young and afraid of throwing your life away to the mundanities of 9-5 normal life.
>>
>>71729781
>Not gonna lie the collaboration project he did with his brother was pretty dull and i find it a bit fucking ridiculous it's taking him this long to follow his debut.

How's that btw? apartently it is made to complement a comic or something like that right?
>>
>>71729969
i watched the documentary and listened to the album but i think it was a coffee table book with photographs and illustrations but i didn't buy it. I like the album cover from his debut and that was his brother's work so the book might be worth it. What's OP's thoughts?
>>
>>71730242
I have the book, pretty cool songs,poems, and photography. Waiting on more KK material though.

The Return of Pimp Shrimp song was good too.
>>
>>71730242
I think he's honestly pretty damn talented. I agree with the first anon who said his chords are beautiful. His guitar can perfectly set the mood for each song and it just has a way to carry you away while the lyrics paint the picture. Haven't listened to the collaboration yet so I can't give my two cents on that. For being so young he can definitely write about some real world pains and problems.
>>
>>71729781
also from S London, really feels like he nails what it's like at night here somehow
Out Getting Ribs is especially brilliant
>>
>>71730377
Getting a night bus listening to King Krule is an experience
>>
DUDE MAJOR 7TH CHORDS LMAO
>>
>>71731077
lol im a fan and i laughed
>>
Anyone who likes him make sure to listen to his archy Marshall EP, I really like Sealiner MK1
>>
>>71729781
>I also don't like the whole "I smoke the weed all the time, i like the weed".

Pussy.

>It's about feeling young and afraid of throwing your life away to the mundanities of 9-5 normal life

Yeah, this. But he just always resonates with me when I'm in a dark place.

>I keep my head down and my mouth shut
>Because if you're going through hell/YOU JUST KEEP GOING
>>
File: file.png (198KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
198KB, 600x549px
>2013

Wew lad.
>>
>>71729546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFkK94xjO0Y
>>
i want to marry his voice
>>
he needs to stop smoking weed and finish that second album! but it'll be awesome.
>>
File: 1487271099493.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487271099493.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>71729546
Niglet has a punchable annoying voice
>>
Desperately waiting for a follow up on his debut. He's playing at Primavera Sound and FYF fest so hopefully some new shit is coming.
>>
>>71733964
why can't he play some festivals back in Britain.
>>71733765
apparently he does have african ancestry, he said in some video on youtube
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.