[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: GenesisSellingEngland[1].jpg (82KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
GenesisSellingEngland[1].jpg
82KB, 300x300px
Why is this album on most prog rock recommendation lists?

Prog rock is probably my favorite genre, and I've heard a decent amount of it, so I was pretty excited to listen to this, but it was very unremarkable. Is it on the "essentials" lists because of historical significance? Or because it's a good bridge between classic rock listeners to get into prog rock? Because based on the merits of the music, it's not that great.
>>
File: suspicious anime character.png (144KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious anime character.png
144KB, 500x326px
>>71720883
Are you trying to cheat me? It's a great album.
>>
Lamb Lies Down is better
>>
Yeah I am confused. Its a great album. It has lots of Prog influence. IMO, its one of Genesis' strongest albums.
>>
>>71720883
Firth of Filth is a top 5 prog song of all time
>>
>>71720914
Compared to what? I mean, off the top of my head, Yes, Rush, and King Crimson are all better entry level prog rock.

I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm not seeing how it's essential.
>>
>>71720883
Recommendation lists are starting points to guide self-exploration. The album would be there for reasons beyond its musical quality.
>>
>>71720990
Fair enough, I expected as much. Like I said, it wasn't bad, just kind of unremarkable compared to other prog rock I've listened to.
>>
How is it possible that the best potential replacement vocalist for Genesis was within the band from the beginning? Talk about coincidence.
>>
>>71720883
give up judging music anon, seriously. You can still enjoy or dislike whatever the fuck you want but don't make threads anymore
>>
>>71721077
Seems like you think your taste is objectively good or something. You've got a lot of growing up to, buddy.
>>
>>71721120
said the pot to the kettle
>>
>>71721157
Fuck you
>>
>>71721157
I'm literally listening to the album right now, and I'm just thinking about how so many bands have done similar things but better. I have no idea what's supposed to be so good about this album.

I was honestly hoping someone to could convince me to like this album, because I had high hopes for it.
>>
>>71721206
ok big boy
>>
>>71721214
I think the strongest song on that Album is "Dancing with the moonlit knight" It has a very good tune and one of my favorite songs.
>>
>>71721214
>I was honestly hoping someone to could convince me to like this album

literally how; if you don't like it it's fine, never understand this meme of "oh I don't get it but it must be good", what the fuck people, did you ever really changed your mind about an album and started to like it because someone "explained" it to you?
>>
>>71721370
Yeah that's probably my favorite song on the album. The Battle of Epping Forest is pretty fun, too.

I'll listen to Lamb Lies Down later to give Genesis another chance.
>>
>>71721420
No one's ever changed my mind, but sometimes I like to hear how other people describe how the music makes them feel, or what they like about it. Sometimes it lets me appreciate the music a little more.
>>
>>71721214
just listen to The Lamb anon its better.
>>
>>71721440
Yeah I suggest you do that. Some of the people here are real cockbites
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.