[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remember this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Anyone remember this?
>>
>>71710387
bjoring
>>
>>71710387

Remember one of her best albums and the best album of 2015? Yes.
>>
>>71710966
Agreed. Feel like this one got kind of overlooked and I don't know why.

The only one I could say is better is Vespertine but regardless Vulnicura feels more progressive
>>
>>71710387
IF I RRRRRREGRET
>>
Nah, she just needs a produced as good as Neele Hooper.
>>
History of Touches and Family are terrible. Quicksand is way too loud and annoying. Black Lake is way too long. Her pronunciation on this album is terrible, some sentences don't make any sense grammatically. The music itself is eh at best.

Still cried to this album a lot when my boyfriend broke up with me around the same time Vulnicura was released.

Homogenic through Volta are better than Vulnicura, then Biophilia, then Post, then Debut.
>>
>>71711245
>Family
>terrible
Get out, just go. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>71711245
>Volta
>Above anything

Credibility lost
>>
>>71711330
>>71711354
I can't help you both have shit taste.
>>
>>71711245
>Biophilia worse than Volta
Don't post again
>>
>>71711493
Even the worst song on Volta is better than the best song on Biophilia.
The idea for Biophilia was cool, the instruments are cool, but the album is shit.
>>
The darker and more uncomfortable tracks are generally the better ones, while the sweeter ones are less memorable. Notget is excellent.
>>
>>71711552
I have exactly the opposite opinion
The stripped-down arrangements aren't my favorite but the songs themselves are some of the best ones she has ever written imo
Virus and Cosmogony give me goosebumps every time I hear them and the drum break at the end of Crystalline is wonderful
>>
>>71710387
I do remember the best album of 2015, yes

>>71711245
>History of Touches and Family are terrible
>Volta better than all of her other albums except Homogenic
You're hopeless
>>
>>71711629
The writing is way too simplistic and not deep enough for what I know from Björk. If you look at Volta as a journey, where Earth Intruders is where she says she's gonna go, Wanderlust where she is going, Declare Independence is where she found a country or plot of land she likes and wants to make it her own and declares independence, and My Juvenile is how she has a kid she loves more than anything.
Every song is a chapter in her journey to another part of the planet.

Biophilia's lyrics were too simplistic and straight forward most of the time. Moon was supposed to be a 17/4, but she only uses the harp that way, but doesn't sing like it's a 17/4, neither does she do that on Crystalline. The sound design is cheap when it's not the sharpsichord, gamaleste or harp. All electronic sounds are cheap as fuck, same on Vulnicura.
>>
>>71711245
Family is a transcendental masterpiece. You need to fuck off.

Her songwriting is pretty great now and all the lyrics make sense grammatically. She does use some awkward metaphors sometimes but it always works.
>>
>>71711771
>she doesn't sing like it's a 17/4

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Also Moon has one of her weirdest vocal melodies so far. It matches the 17/8 time signature perfectly.
>>
>>71711917
Bjork's use of English has always been a bit off-kilter anyway, that's like part of her style.
>>
>>71711771
>Moon was supposed to be a 17/4, but she only uses the harp that way, but doesn't sing like it's a 17/4
I get what you mean, but I think the juxtaposition works amazingly well
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.