[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE NON-WHITE FEMALES MAKING DRAB INDIE ROCK, BNM LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0329.jpg (443KB, 4000x2386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
443KB, 4000x2386px
DUDE NON-WHITE FEMALES MAKING DRAB INDIE ROCK, BNM LMAO
>>
>>71701824
>p4k after the conde nast buyout
can't believe ppl still take these niggas seriously
>>
And what albums are you so pissy about not getting those scores?
>>
>>71701824
Welcome to 2017
>>
>>71701893
these two albums deserve a 6 at best and i'm being generous
>>
>>71701952
p4k sucks it probably doesnt hurt that they arent white but they love drab indie rock so
>>
>>71701824
Pitchfork is shit. That's been clear for some time now.

>>71701886
Even before then, they were on the downward spiral.
>>
>>71701824
Yeah seriously. This shit is ridiculous at this point.

These albums are absolutely not noteworthy.
>>
>>71701824
Unless you plan on filling your band with entirely women, forget about it and make electronica
>>
The state /mu/ has become, racism, sexism and bigotry and I'm being generous here.
>>
People keep saying how uninteresting and derivative these albums are, what are some examples of artists they sound like? What're some comparable albums?
>>
>>71701952
to be fair p4k has given bloated ratings for bland (white) indie artists in the past
>>
>>71702009
And then when we point out some legitimate fuckery that pitchfork is guilty of, this guy comes along and says we're just being sexist
>>
>>71702009 (You)
>>
>>71702016
Every other generic indie rock band from the last 5 years that was never worth remembering
>>
>>71702009
Welcome to 4chan, bud. This is not your safe space.

I think tumblr is more your cup of tea.
>>
>>71702009
If anything I'm pointing out p4k are the racist bigoted ones rating music not based on the actual music
>>
>>71702009
>saged for frogposting
You're one of those guys, huh?
>>
>>71702009
Man, if you think /mu/ is full of racism, sexism and bigotry then you're a little sheltered bitch. /mu/ is one of the most liberal 4chan boards, if you want to see real racism, sexism and bigotry then go spend a few minutes on /tv/ or a few seconds on /pol/.
>>
p4k has always been payola hacks

a weirder and more alarming situation was that anthony fantano found himself under fire for saying the vagabon album was uninspired; that he wasn't allowed to think so or at the very least broadcast that opinion because it was made by a "woc in a predominantly white space" or some shit. i don't like the guy one bit but it's getting out of hand
>>
>>71701824
Are you mad that a black woman dares to create, especially in the #SoWhite world of indie rock, is revolutionary. But the revolution lies not just in Tamko's mere existence in the scene, but in her artistic intervention there: Infinite Worlds is the most powerful meditation on the politics of space I've heard since Solange's A Seat At The Table.
>>
>>71702016
Just go listen to 00s indie rock. Seriously, go pick some random 00s indie rock albums and you'll see that Vagabon and Jay Som aren't doing anything new.
>>
>>71702120
I love this copypasta, it's hilarious.
>>
>>71702036
>>71702058
Yes that's what's constantly claimed, but any names in particular?
Have either of you heard these two albums?
>>
>>71702146
Sonny and the Sunsets

Same shit. And guess what? That shitty band never got BNM.
>>
>>71702059
Cringe
>>
>>71702166
Cringe
>>
>every single music site is completely cucked

Pitchfork, Stereogum, Consequence of Sound, TinyMixTapes, etc. etc.

It really pisses me off. I used to discover a lot of good music from Pitchfork, BNMs from them mean nothing to me anymore and anytime I go to the site they're updating me on Drake, Frank Ocean, Kanye West or some other meme rap/nu-R&B that I don't give a fuck about

We need a music news site without hip-hop/R&B shoved down our throats, both genres have extensive coverage.
>>
>>71702203
Kanye West/Drake etc is to the current era what Limp Bizkit and Creed were to the late 90s early 00s.

That shit should be left to Rolling Stone and NME imo.
>>
>>71702203
The Quietus?
>>
>>71702195
double cringe seriously. I know you are but what am I is toddler level shit. I think black people can make good albums in indie rock, rap, rnb jazz soul metal punk whatever and they deserved to get a light shone on it. But I agree with the fact that pitchfork is struggling for relevence and is just looking for clicks, something I would guess they've done since the start
>>
>>71702203
>not liking frank ocean
>>
>>71702256

omg rite. it's like not liking Hilary clinton or beyonce or MIGOS how can you be so out of touch baka
>>
>>71702219
Is this bait?
>>
>>71702274
No, obviously.
>>
>>71702256
>liking faggot sade
>>
>>71702203

Stereogum's comment section is the largest gathering of nu-males on the internet.
>>
>>71702271
looks like you're a bit hung up on labels associated with listening to music, which sucks. frank ocean just makes cool songs
>>
I listened to the Vagabond one and it just sounds like starbucks commercial music or something

To be fair, black or white, p4k has always liked shitty bland indie
>>
>>71702316
Frank ocean is starting to become tame impala tier in all fairness
>>
>>71702348
what does that mean?

>>71702331
i remember going on pitchfork for the first time and checking out that art brut album that got 8.9 BNM and thinking it was so shitty that i never trusted them since
>>
>>71702348
>tame impala tier

spotted the muh popular music faggot
>>
>>71702374
I think in the same way Tame Impala has been called "the instagram of rock bands" and the fans are seen as "dude weed & acid LMAO" is a similar trend we're seeing with frank ocean
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (1MB, 1007x1976px) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
1MB, 1007x1976px
lmfao
>>
I was playing contrarian devil's avocado in this thread earlier but I actually listened to some of their music and it's as fucking trash, I apologise for being a contrarian.
>>
>>71702392
>not realizing that was an insult
>>
>>71702410
Frank ocean is objectively better than derivative tame impala
>>
>>71702410
fans of almost every musical group around now are terrible if you generalize them, even mu darlings like grimes and grips
>>
>>71702441
Dude nikes is so innovative I can't believe he actually chipmunked his voice. Audio production will never be the same again
>>
File: Untitled.png (154KB, 771x220px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
154KB, 771x220px
This is such an odd headline
>>
>>71702475
>picking probably the worst and only song he listened to
Cherry pick some more
>>
>>71702505
what did they mean by that?
>>
>>71702580
That white people suck
>>
>>71702505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRES6Af_Wyg

Is this excellent indie rock. guys?
>>
>>71702541
No I actually listened to Blonde all the way through a couple times. Frank Ocean is just painfully overrated, he's not bad though
>>
>>71702505
This needs to become a meme.
>>
>>71702595
Man, this is even blander than Vagabon.
>>
>>71702595
Literally an Asian Mac Demarco with 0 soul and a bland monotone voice.
>>
>>71702595
Am I the only one who thinks the WOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOOOOs sound really bad? Her delivery of them is so lifeless.
>>
>>71702595

This is amazing, /pol/ needs to leave this thread

This album will go down as one of the best of this decade and without a doubt a top 10 album of this year (at the very least)

Jay Som has made a classic album, we will be seeing Jay Som /generals/ for years to come, her releasing awesome singles after another.

Wow. This is so good. This is like REALLY fucking good. It's not even just like "alright", this honestly is among the best new music there is right now and I'm fucking loving it.

This is what we need in music again. It's indie rock. Yet it's bold, it's masterfully written and it's needed at this time.

I'm a Somhead at this point, I will be buying a vinyl, t-shirt and concert ticket whenever she comes around my area.

This is really good. I feel like I've been cheated by hearing people of colour create indie rock and forced to listen to the boring drivel of apathetic white boys from upper middle class families (see: Pavement, Dinosaur Jr.) and force myself to think it was better than it really was.

Thank you Jay Som and thank you Pitchfork for being brave enough to do thiss.
>>
>>71702752
Nice
>>
File: this guy.gif (198KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.gif
198KB, 80x80px
>>71702752
>>
>>71702752

wtf I love Jay Som now

#SomSlob
>>
Why are they falling for the indie meme in 2017 ?
Indie rock is dying of a slow but certain death since it became formulaic and boring a decade ago.
Beginning your career with a rehash of those same old ideas right now is suicidal, unless you wanna end up being played on mainstream radio by some miracle.
We need more stuff like Animal Collective, some innovative synthesis between the electronic and indie music of the past.
>>
>>71702752
kek
>>
>>71702804

They're not

90% of the shit on their year end list will be meme rap and nu-R&B

They're throwing in some awful indie rock done by people of color to be progressive
>>
>>71702595
Truly the thinking man's Frances Quinlan
>>
>>71702595
this is just a shittier hoops
>>
>>71702804
>We need more stuff like Animal Collective
Pass
>>
>>71702203
It's almost like all of those sites have always covered what was "cool" to cover, and your tastes just happen to not align with what's "cool" now.

The internet killed the distinction between the pop sphere and the indie sphere and consequently between the common person and the critic. So how about instead of complaining about how no one is there to spoon-feed you what you want, you go out and actually fucking look for it, maybe even somewhere outside of the internet, like you actually care.
>>
>>71702595
That's a good indie rock. Can anyone reccomend me some similar indie rocks?
>>
>>71702410
Have you always had such an inability to express yourself, or have you noticed it deteriorate since you started browsing /mu/?
>>
>>71701824
Being called sexist or racist is pretty much a career death in leftist media nowadays
Giving a bad score is also being sexist/racist
>>
>>71702595
It's good but not quite 8.6-worthy
>>
>>71702835
Sorry, by "they", I meant Jay Som and Vagabon

>>71702885
I'm not saying everyone should sound like AC, but that there are many uncharted territories waiting to be explored with the technology of 2017.
It's cool that black women are making indie rock, but I was waiting for that five years ago when I just realized it was a very white middle-class thing by myself, not now in this shitty current political climate and after all the "The problematic whiteness of indie rock" pieces in journos. It just doesn't seem authentic now.
I understand that when you are a musician you just do what you want and can do the best, and maybe it's a bit hypocritical to complain about a lack of originality when it's some black women who are making indie rock and not the generic white male who dresses himself at American Apparel #63549. But when I see the first RYM review of Vagabon is mentioning Feist in a negative way, I'm just "ok, whatever, who is on the cover of The Wire this month".
>>
>>71702059
cringe
>>
>>71702059
Cringe.
>>
Yes pitchfork is fucking stupid and you should stop giving a fuck about it, but at the same time who cares what the race of the person making the music is dumbass /pol/tards.

You fedora fatties need to be raided into oblivion since your guy brumf is done
>>
>>71702059
Upvoted!
>>
Is /mu/ finally coming around to the fact that p4k and similar music sites are over.

They're dinosaurs, most of them don't even take new music submissions these days, it's all payola, and it's a good thing because they're walling themselves out of the changing music culture.
>>
>>71703250
>assumes that anyone who notices pitchfork cucking indie white bands must be a trump supporter
>>
>>71702595
not terrible at all, if Isaw this back in 2010 I wouldn't see the point in bringing up her race
>>
>>71703387

Noticing things is racist, please just assume all intentions are good and pure.
>>
>>71701886
>blaming the conde nast buyout
cant believe ppl still do this

it happened just year and a half ago or so
absolutely nothing changed since then
p4k was equally shit at least two years before that
>>
>>71703561
>not terrible at all
>2010

There.
>>
>>71703387
>unironironically uses the word "cucking"
yeah why would anyone assume that you are a trump supporter?
>>
>>71703387
so what ? you can choose to ignore it.

This white people are abused crap is getting old, when white people have been abusing every other race for countless decades, instead of being progressive and saying yeah racism and sexism is backwards bullshit and we should just all get along already, you rather play victim based on stupid crap like a site that doesn’t give two shits about music any more and tries real hard to make a buck and be popular.

What is the difference between you and ISIS? protip nothing.
>>
Seriously fuck these pitchfork niggas
>>
>>71703755
>What is the difference between you and ISIS? protip nothing
Top kek
>>
>p4k spends decades giving high ratings to bland indie tunes
>nobody cares
>p4k gives high ratings to bland indie tunes by brown people
>immediate outrage
>>
>>71704107
>nobody cares
I cared
>>
>>71704121
>you
>somebody
>>
>>71704121
>>71704107
>making this white vs black
It's more just men vs women. Who wants to walk into a venue and see a band of four white guys anymore? Nobody. People only give a shit about new women fronted bands and you know it
>>
>>71704136
:^(
>>
>>71704144
Okay, replace "brown" with "female" in my post and it's still fucking terrible.
>>
>>71701824
Liked Jay Soms release a lot, will check out Vagabond. I barely go to pitchfork these days but thanks to guys like you I can still get an idea of what they're liking
>>
>>71702410
What the fuck does this even mean, stop speaking in memes and say your thoughts retard.
>>
>>71702059
cringe
>>
>>71704172
t. Jay Som
>>
>>71704208
I wish I were an average looking Asian girl

Please though keep unintentionally shilling for pitchfork by posting about their views instead of talking about music or publications you actually like

Muh Whit Indie genocide spam will definitely take them down faster than just ignoring them and moving on to something better
>>
>>71702626
Well you should know when you deliberately cherry pick it makes you look like you pluck your opinions straight from the trash
>>
>>71701952
Jay som deserved that score faggot
>>
>>71704381
>a retard who will eat up any mediocre piece of music that belongs to fucking 2008 because p4k told him to
>calling peope faggots

go listen to your mediocre music you miserable piece of shit
>>
>>71704315
>t. Numale frank ocean fan
>>
>>71704431
I never go to pitchfork and I give the album a 7.5
>>
>>71704431
I dont find my music on pitchfork, so you can kill yourself faggot, how about you post your superior taste in music
>>
>>71704456
>t. unable to argue for his opinions without cherrypicking and then calling people buzzwords
>>
>>71704463
Okay, so can you tell me what do you like about it? I gave it 4 listens for it to grow on me and apart from 1 Billion Dogs and One More Time, Please (don't love them but had some interesting aspects) there is nothing good about this.
>>
>>71704541
Did you ever consider that you might have shit taste
>>
You know for people who hate pitchfork you guys sure can't shut the fuck up about it
>>
>>71704605
nah, I don't really. You do, though.
>>
>>71704607
Pitchfork is like an exgirlfriend, everyone is just butthurt and cant get over it. They all mad their favorite albums get shitty reviews now. Talk about being salty.
>>
>p4k goes from trendy hipster clickbait to even worse trendy hipster clickbait
>triggers pasties with fringy mod liberal politics and shit
>these cucks still obsess and give them clicks because theyre stupid
>>
>>71702241

cringe
>>
F*** the haters, get in here Somheads

>>71704633
>>
>>71704493
>unable to admit Nikes is a shit song & god awful album opener
>>
>people get emotionally invested in shitty music reviews

why?
>>
>>71704605
kys
>>
>>71702708

its cooool to be chillllll brooooo
>>
>>71704653
If I'm saying its cherry picking it means I acknowledge theres something wrong with it to cherry pick dummy
>>
>>71702009
Obviously true. They actually do have a point about p4k desu but I think it has more to do with the dearth of good music coming out this year so far. So they're reaching and scores are inflated across the board, and the scores that are the most inflated are for the albums that fit their progressive/pro-diverse agenda.
>>
>>71704107
Accurate desu
>>
>>71704094
Go back to Europe white immigrant America is not your home.
>>
>>71703755
>What is the difference between you and ISIS? protip nothing.
This is the stupidest thing I've read all day.
>>
>>71702009
Have you even listened to the albums?

If they were made by some skinny white dude with a beard they wouldn't have even gotten a review.

It's just horribly generic indie rock that's 15 years late to the party.
>>
>>71705276
>this year

Music has been trash for at least 7 years.

I keep waiting for that break out year when the 10s start becoming good, but it seems like it's never going to come.

Started to give up hope on this decade desu.

2010 was the last year I enjoyed new music.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the current lethargy in society. Seems everyone is too comfy, no cared for. There are no struggles anymore.

We're going to need some major happening and upheaval in society before we start getting good music again.
>>
I'm sure you guys can remember the days of 2004-2009 p4k when a BNM was basically a guarantee of good music.

I remember back then I'd check the site every morning and immediately download and listen to anything that got a good score.

Nowadays I glance at it once a month and literally can't even be bothered to listen to whatever they give BNM to.

Maybe I've become jaded though.
>>
>>71705646
>Both think their superior
>Both sets are extremist in their religious views
>Thinks everyone who thinks otherwise should die
>Hates the opposite sex

I honestly don't see too much difference between a /pol/ Christ fag and an Islamic jihadist, well accept for the fact that the jihadists arnt half the pussie a /pol/tard is and are not fat mommies boys who live in their basements.
>>
>>71703338
The sucky thing is that the counter culture still hasn't reformed from the ashes of 00s indie.

We're still in some sort of limbo waiting for the next big thing.
>>
File: IMG_0808.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0808.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>71705763
>tfw this makes sense to a certain level
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.