[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out, /mu/. Turns out I thoroughly enjoy uber pleb entry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: lalaland.jpg (9KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
lalaland.jpg
9KB, 182x268px
Help me out, /mu/.
Turns out I thoroughly enjoy uber pleb entry level jazz (ie La La Land and Cowboy Bebop OST) and, while I like some /mu/-approved jazz records like Art Blakey's Moanin', the all time classics by Miles Davis and such don't have the same effect on me
Care to recommend something to make the transition from shitty easy jazz to the superior jazz?
>>
>>71698403
Listen to Sun Ra's Lanquidity
>>
>>71698403
Mingus
>>
Some pretty easy listening in order of similarity to Cowboy Bebop to dissimilarity to Cowboy Bebop (haven't seen La La Land so can't compare to it):

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Jazz Impressions of Japan
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream
Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Bird and Diz
Charles Mingus - The Clown
Dexter Gordon - The Panther!
Charles Mingus - Black Saint & The Sinner Lady
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
>>
>>71698403
Listen to Solo Monk by Thelonious Monk. City of Stars and Sebastian and Mia's Theme was ripped from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZ7Ws2ArXo
>>
File: buddy_holly.jpg (47KB, 640x360px)
buddy_holly.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
Listen to Dave Brubeck, literally the only Whitey who plays jazz that matters.
>>
>>71700622
>bill evans.

stfu
>>
>>71699510
>>71699659
this

I also like entry-level jazz.

>Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots
>Charles Mingus - Black Saint & The Sinner Lady
>John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

that drum solo in A Love Supreme spooked me particularly, so I was real relieved when the sax and everything else came on
>>
>>71700622
wow this is the pinnacle of jazz related plebeity
>>
>>71698403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dou3aSZmEg0

watch this and you might get a greater appreciation for Kind of Blue and the like.
>>
>>71698403
Jazz music as a whole isn't worth the search for good jazz music. Try listening to ambient instead, it's the natural progression from jazz.
>>
>>71701187
>Jazz music as a whole isn't worth the search for good jazz music

what a dumb statement that makes no sense
>>
>>71701236
Found the 18 year old
>>
>>71701264
wrong

>disregards an entire genre of music
>calls someone else 18
>>
>>71698403
Listen to badbadnotgood you fuck
>>
>>71701442
at least their name is accurate. zzzzzz
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.