[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1639157693292.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1639157693292.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who listens to them, and especially those who praise them. Here's why: Name 20 successful people that listen to them. Pop basically runs the show when it comes to music. This includes artists like Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik, Adele, Katy Perry, Beyonce et al. Pop has artists making significant contributions to the entire music industry. Death Grips on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from teenage angst with each album. They then lay basic synths and a joke of a rapper over it. It generally lags behind pop by a mile or two in inventiveness. I never hear their music in shops or mentioned by anyone over the age of 25. So tell me again, how exactly do Death Grips innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing with Death Grips. Yes, Death Grips is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever start making "music". This is fine, and what music is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers. What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Death Grips fans. They seem to think Death Grips is responsible for all that is good in the music world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Death Grips fans (virgins, teenagers, and manchildren) are much less helpful than the alternative. If you want nice pop, listen to Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift. If you like rock, Tame Impala. If you prefer, Drake or Kendrick Lamar. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Death Grips!
>>
>pop runs the show

O P I N I O N D I S C A R D E D
>>
wow you actually thought someone would read all of that
>>
>>71695553
pop does run the show
>>
>>71695811
That's why it's called pop.
>>
>>71695511
Weren't they opening for QOTSA at one point? Clearly some famous people like them anon.
>>
File: 1489976196558.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1489976196558.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
>>71695511
r u upset bcs u dropd ur ice cream son?
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 160x162px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 160x162px
>>71695511
>I hate Death Grips. I immediately lose respect for anyone who listens to them, and especially those who praise them. Here's why: Name 20 successful people that listen to them. Pop basically runs the show when it comes to music. This includes artists like Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Zayn Malik, Adele, Katy Perry, Beyonce et al. Pop has artists making significant contributions to the entire music industry. Death Grips on the other hand pulls most of the heavy weight packaging from teenage angst with each album. They then lay basic synths and a joke of a rapper over it. It generally lags behind pop by a mile or two in inventiveness. I never hear their music in shops or mentioned by anyone over the age of 25. So tell me again, how exactly do Death Grips innovate? They even struggle to release a new theme with each release, and artwork is about the only original thing with Death Grips. Yes, Death Grips is stable because they are standing on the shoulders of socially awkward teenagers. Most of the hard work is hashed out before they ever start making "music". This is fine, and what music is all about, but I prefer to be in with the leaders rather than the followers. What really irks me and what has really brewed my hatred are Death Grips fans. They seem to think Death Grips is responsible for all that is good in the music world. I have just proven how false this is. In my experience, Death Grips fans (virgins, teenagers, and manchildren) are much less helpful than the alternative. If you want nice pop, listen to Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift. If you like rock, Tame Impala. If you prefer, Drake or Kendrick Lamar. But please, don't feed the idiot magnet that is Death Grips!
>>
>>71695511
Your argument pretty much entirely consists of you saying you don't like their fans.
sounds pretty plebeian.
>>
>>71695511
David Bowie, Beyonce, Tyler The Creator to name three.

4/10
>>
>some nobody dislikes me for liking death grips
oh no how will i ever cope with this information
>>
>>71695511
copy/pasta'd
>>
lacks a lot for a copypasta

not very good my friend
>>
>>71695511
tl;dr
>frogposter
Definitely tl;dr
>>
>>71696497
David Bowie listened to Death Grips? Source?
>>
quite a few of those artists listen to death grips.

but most of all Death Grips have elements of pop music in their music, it just uses a more abrasive sound but still catchy well written hooks and the production is awesome. they're not the most original band around but they are so fun to listen to and scary but in a horror-movie kinda campy way for me? but sometimes their lyrics can be sincere and heartbreaking too. sometimes a cliche is the best way to say something or convey a mood and when it is used appropriately and in a new context it can be awesome, that is a common theme of pop music. and death grips do that extremely well and that is why they are so popular. that is my take on death grips.
>>
>>71695511
Why the fuck am I still here? This site's done nothing for me. I'm actually losing sleep over this restraining order thing.
>>
File: 1490077907445.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490077907445.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>71695511
how can 1 post be so careless yet so so long?
>>
>>71697585
if a baseless claim is bothering you that bad you need to get off from here.
seriously.
>>
>>71697585
I think you need a break from the internet Brandon.
>>
>>71696877
From Pitchcuck
>A new story in Uncut says that Bowie was also inspired by Death Grips on , and that he referenced Boards of Canada's "Alpha and Omega" when recording an album cut called "Somewhere"
>>
>>71695511
>Tame Impala
>good
>>
>>71698908
Of all the artists mentioned, that was the one you took up arms against?
>>
File: 9313737_orig.jpg (131KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
9313737_orig.jpg
131KB, 1024x732px
no love for death grips
>>
>>71698938
It's the one that doesn't fit, I don't know how he can claim Tame Impala is an example of amazing rock.
>>
Why are /mu/ posters so fucking retarded? How do people fall for this shit?
>>
File: IMG_20170113_133220.jpg (46KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_133220.jpg
46KB, 540x720px
Dubs
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.