[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the continuous note mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: the glow.jpg (303KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the glow.jpg
303KB, 600x600px
In the glow pt.2 there is that A# note that keeps playing continuously in the background of the album through its whole extension. Any Ideas of what it means? I think It could have a special meaning attached to it.
>>
>>71692064
it means that there is a sharp pain in his asshole
>>
>>71692064
What?
>>
always thought of the foghorn representing a heartbeat
>>
depression's always there in the background probably, never listened to it

Game...

Blouses
>>
I always thought it was the slow march of the real world happening around you when you don't even notice it because you're fucked out of your mind depressed
>>
Probably alluding to the reality of the universe in comparison to the minuteness of our lives and struggles.
Would explain why it's continued throughout his discography.
>>
The Glow pt 2 is for children
>>
File: oldcunt.png (566KB, 865x588px) Image search: [Google]
oldcunt.png
566KB, 865x588px
>>71692365
take that back young man
>>
I always thought it represented the idea or figure of death? I mean the purpose of a lighthouse is to prevent death and the narrator seems to die at the end of the album.
>>
>>71692444
>the narrator seems to die at the end of the album
???
>>
>>71692064
It bugs me so much. That's the only reason it isn't a 10/10.
>>
>>71692444
nigga he says his blood is STILL WARM, as in he is still alive
>>
>>71692774
>>71692830
Could I have sworn I red on rapgenius that he dies at the end. Thanks!
>>
>>71693410
He wants to die at the end, goes off into the woods, fights a bear with a samurai sword, and just wants to die, and then it goes into Mount Eerie where he has to confront his mortality and his existential existence and the infinite and the universe
But The Glow, pt. 2 isn't a perfect concept album so don't try to shoehorn it into a narrative too much, there's one there but it's loose
>>
I have never noticed it. Listening now and I can't really pick it up.
>>
>>71692064
do you mean the foghorn?
>>
Situations I have been in while listening to this album:
1) Running up and down a mountain
2) Sitting in a coffee shop in a train station watching people go by and contemplating the outrageously complex nebula of connections and experiences contained within these insignificant beings (I include myself within this group of insignificant beings)
3) Long road trips
4) Long bike rides
5) In my room staring off into space
6) In the shower singing along ("IIIIIII" took my shirt off in the yaaaard)
7) In the bath
8) Digging
9) Punching stuff
10) Walking in the woods thinking about the irrelevence of pretty much everything I'm doing right now
11) With a clear mind
>>
Am I the only one who's never noticed this? I must've listened to that album at leadt 5 times in full, too, and the bonus tracks twice.
>>
>>71694368
Listening now and I don't even know what these people are talking about.
>>
>>71694368
>>71694392
You guys must have bad headphones or system or just ears
>>
>>71694414
see >>71694211
>>
>>71694414
maybe, because honestly I really can't at all hear a droning note throughout this entire album
>>
>>71692064
Are you talking about the foghorn? He probably put it in because he lives in ANALcortes which is a shipping port so he probably hears foghorns a lot. I like the atmosphere it creates.
>>
>>71694471
That would explain a lot, but it's not in any way "continuous". It's very intermittent.
>>
>>71694337
I actually have a great story about my first time really listening to this album.

It was the summer before my junior year in high school, me and a bunch of other people were in New York on a school trip, staying for a few days before going to Germany. There was this one girl I had the strongest case of oneitis for. One night, we were all hanging out in the girls' room, and we decided to push the two hotel beds together and all sleep in that room that night. I was cuddled up with the girl I was crazy for...she slept through the night but I couldn't sleep, since I was so mesmerized listening to her heartbeat, feeling her chest breathing, feeling her warmth.
The next morning, while it was turning dawn, I went back to my room and everyone else went their seperate ways into the city. I lay down on my bed, put on The Glow Pt. 2 (I had only prior listened to a few tracks), and was fucking destroyed when lines like "your lava flow" and basically every line of "I Felt Your Shape" played. It was all too relatable...it fucked me up hard, and I'll never be that affected by an album again.

Sorry for the blogpost, tl;dr I listened to the album in the perfect mood of longing after love and wept like a pussy. Fuckin teenagers, man.
>>
>>71694515
i actually just saw that comment on youtube and thought it was really obnoxious so i posted it here but thanks for sharing anon
>>
>>71694576
Yeah I figured it was a pasta but it did remind me of something I thought some of you might find interesting or relatable
>>
>>71694515
thanks for sharing anon

that story totally brings me back to that age

hope everything worked out for you
>>
>>71694515
>oneitis

It's really interesting to see the problems that people create when they have no real problems.
>>
>>71694694
I'm glad it helped fuel your nostalgia anon, can't say all of that worked out but hey life's a struggle and at least I'm still here.

>>71694707
Feeling sad about a girl when you're a teenager is made up? Really made me think.
>>
>>71694707
seeing as you are posting on a mongolian tapestry weaving forum i'm guessing that access to potable water is probably not a driving concern for you either
>>
>>71694976
That's too many levelsof irony, son. I think you need a night off.
>>
>>71694976
Gp outside tomorrow. Without your smartphone. Just for a couple of hours.
>>
File: 1462768541845.jpg (34KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
1462768541845.jpg
34KB, 618x412px
>>71692064
The whole album has this foghorn sound over the top of it. I was watching Twin Peaks, and I noticed that every time there was a scene at Pete and Catherine and Josie's house, very subtly there would be this kind of low foghorn in the background every 30 or 45 seconds. It was so subtle, but it was perfect — it gave you the idea that they were near the water. I decided that the album would be in that setting too, because it reminded me very much of Anacortes, which is where I live now and where I'm from. I wanted to really nail it down in that setting. I tried to record the foghorn here in Anacortes — I got these extension cords and chained them all together, and I got a really fancy mic I borrowed from a studio. But it didn't work out. It just wasn't foggy. So I ended up synthesizing the sound with a tape loop with just one note played on the bass, slowed down a lot, with a lot of reverb and tape hiss.
>>
i dont think it starts until the end of the moon
>>
>>71692064
I always thought it was a metaphor for his Autism
>>
It's also all over Mount Eerie too
>>
>>71695709
This is the right answer, from Phil himself or paraphrasing
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.