[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of the rise in popular soundcloud rappers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

What does /mu/ think of the rise in popular soundcloud rappers?

Pic related
>>
>>71689615
its good. i love soundcloud rap. however, most rappers from there that are rising dont really care about lyrics, but the songs are really catchy.

Ugly God actually has good wordplay though,
>>
I have full support for Young Pussy Bacon
>>
>>71689615
>wheres hentai shirt
/ourguy/
>>
the rap game is entering its post-lil-b phase and i support it

also grunge rap bout to get big
>>
>>71689615
could have to do with me being an "old-head" but honestly i find souncloud rappers like lil yachty, ugly god, lil uzi vert, etc. incredibly overrated. shits watered down
>>
>>71689615
Hopsing - No words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ
>>
>>71692255
the saddest thing is this is the best song hopsin has ever made

and it's not even meant to be good

his actual """serious""" music is unlistenable and has the blandest fucking production
>>
>>71690603
post some good grunge rap
>>
>>71692400
>implying standard trap production isnt bland and lifeless as fuck
>>
>>71692400
True. His ill mind series are pretty good, but his other stuff is bland. Pretty sad since he has great potential
>>
>>71689615
I support X, Lil Pump, Smokepurpp, and Ski Mask. All other SoundCloud rappers are objectively terrible. Cartier is kinda okay though.
>>
>>71692500
>lists objectively terrible artists

>"all other SC rappers are objectively terrible"

Lol too funny
>>
>>71692602
Let's see your list my goy.
>>
i think it's pretty cool, the rap game could use some more diverse and interesting personalities that one would only find on soundcloud

>>71690603
this. people honestly underestimate the impact that lil b had on rap as a whole. a lot of rappers on soundcloud wouldn't have blown up if not for lil b
>>
Kind of annoying that they post there music under other genres and get the top tracks for genres that they don't even perform
>>
File: 1489457720194.jpg (127KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1489457720194.jpg
127KB, 1200x799px
>>71692500
>i support lil pump

i support his dumb ass pulling the trigger but that's about it
>>
>>71692651
pls explain anon. I'm honestly ignorant about Lil B and his impact on rap.
>>
File: tumblr_nicc7erJGl1u8bvddo1_500.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nicc7erJGl1u8bvddo1_500.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>71692996
this I never listened to LIL B and don't understand but he seems like a cool guy
>>
>>71692996
>>71693154
what i took from lil b was an appreciation for an uninhibited style that we see now in people like danny brown and young thug. i think he broke down lots of barriers for aspiring rappers at the time.plus the controversial lyrics and themes that were considered lame at the time.

have yall ever listened to him at all? just wondering because i personally dont think theres a whole lot of depth to lil b. his influences should be pretty easy to see when you consider what came before and after him.
>>
>>71693344
I've heard a few of his songs. Liked them, but didn't understand his appeal.
>>
>>71693432
well.. we've been talking about his influence.

his appeal on the other hand is a different story. i think it was just a matter of how much he contrasted with mainstream stuff at the time. he had a lot of commonalities with soulja boy but lil b set himself way apart by rapping about shit that soulja would never even consider out of fear of damaging his reputation/appearance/character/whatever.

if im being honest here, i was 15 or 16 when i first heard him.. probably a lot of the appeal was shock factor and a predictable, easily accessed style/flow.
>>
i love this new hip hop genre whatever the kids are calling it. lil b, ugly god yachty. its all so fun and straight up ignorant
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.