[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where did he go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: Tyler-the-Creator-ppcorn.jpg (206KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-the-Creator-ppcorn.jpg
206KB, 1366x768px
where did he go wrong?
>>
Adult Swim
>>
He didn't.

If anything he's going in the right direction.

If he drops the shock rap and does a flat out R&B or Jazz album it's gonna be fucking amazing.
>>
>>71689081
After bastard he became a cartoon character.
He should have stuck to his roots, wouldn't have been as big as he was, but perhaps wouldn't be fading into obscurity. In the next few years everyone will literally be saying, Tyler the who?"
>>
>>71689126
there's less good horrorcore than there's good r&b so nah he should hone in on that
>>
>>71689081
Now that OFWGKTA is dissolved, Tyler doesn't have his more talented friends to bolster his popularity anymore.

He's a better producer than rapper anyway. I still think a more mature, grown up EarlWolf album with only Earl rapping and Tyler producing would be good but that will probably never happen.
>>
>Multi Millionaire
>TV Show
>Cult Fanbase

I'd say he went right

If he keeps it up and stays relevant he'll be a celebrity mainstay

I could see him hosting some stupid tv show in the future
>>
With cherry bomb. Wolf was his best album
>>
>>71689217
Most of OF surely isn't as talented as him, and definitely not as captivating

Earl might be a more talented rapper but look at him now, making some of the most boring music I've ever heard in my life

Frank at least got success in his own right, but he has next to 0 personality
>>
>>71689185
>hone in on a bad genre instead of a successful and better sounding one.

...Mate...
>>
>>71689217
>Earl rapping and Tyler producing
more like Earl rapping and madlib producing, that shit would be fire.
>>
>>71689270
huh?
frank success is based off his personality
>>
>>71689221
he only has one of those assets m8
>>
He's just in transition between fans who have outgrown him, fans who still want him to be 2010 Tyler, and fans who want him to be something new, which he's on his way to.

He'll probably never recreate the "mobs-of-high-schoolers-in-OF-sweatshirts" level fame, but if he keeps on his path I could see him having a very respectable following in a space just orbiting mainstream hip hop, like Danny Brown. Or like Earl, really. Earl just dropped his horrorcore business WAY quicker than Tyler.
>>
>>71689319
im so fucking sick of memelib. so overrated
>>
>>71689319
>Let's make earl's boring ass even more boring with beats made of dust

Good idea bro
>>
>>71689319
As boring as I think all of Earl's solo stuff is, he's obviously extremely dedicated to digging his own sound out.

As much as I like Madlib I think he's a blessing and a curse. DOOM and Freddie Gibbs did projects with him, which will only lead a very specific type of hip hop fan to forever hound both of those artists for more of that.

Like, do any of us actually want Madvillainy 2? Fuck no, it'll never be as good as Madvillainy. Especially here, where it's the only hip hop record that's discussed with any regularity.
>>
>>71689371
He had a tv show, whatever

He def has a cult fanbase still so???

>>71689349
his personality is non existent
>>
>>71689415
>>71689397
It's like you guys haven't even heard Pinata.

Being said, Earl + Madlib in the vein of Villainy is the most "10th grade self-described hip hop head " idea of all time.
>>
>>71689572
Pinata is astonishingly overrated
>>
>>71689512
not really. all the kids who worshipped him in middleschool have lost interest and he sure as hell hasn't made any new ones. its been a VERY long time since i've heard someone say "Golf Wang"
>>
>>71689582
Get out
>>
>>71689582
its underrated. that album is that West Coast version of Madvillainy. Sonically speaking, of course
>>
>>71689583
Have you checked his youtube comments?

Just because YOU or your friends grew out of him doesnt mean he doesnt have fans

And there's still kids buying OF merch
>>
>>71689142
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>71689618
Madvillainy was mixed written and recorded in Glendale its fucking West Coast
>>
>>71689582
Imagine
>>
>>71689582
It's better or at least as good as Madvillainy. Pinata is incredibly lean and consistent, and it certainly doesn't fuck around on some Stacy Epps shit, some weak Wildchild, or a million billion too many skits. Rainbows sucks.
>>
>>71689717
Madvillainy is the most New York shit every my man, what the fuck ever
>>
>>71689717
>>71689618
dudes, the east vs west coast thing hasn't actually mattered since the 90's.
>>
>>71689717
doesn't matter

madvillainy is hella grimey and urban while pinata was meant to sound like the sunshine of california
>>
>>71689286
make it not a bad genre anymore with your work!
>>
>>71689081
i actually think he didn't go wrong at all, he's trying new shit out and some of it actually sounds great. he's admitted to refraining from rap and actually wants to direct shit. i'm personally excited to see his future creative endeavors.
>>
>>71689768
We're not talking about rap beef you fourth grade scholar
>>
>Earl
>Frank
>Tyler

>The rest
>>
>>71689839
Buddy all of his worst stuff was when he still made shock rap.
>>
>>71690133
all of his stuff is equally shit except Yonkers and the first track on Bastard
he should just do personal rant-rap i guess
>>
>>71690112
>who is Vince Staples

>who is Domo Genesis

>who is Casey Veggies
>>
>>71689081
I think part of him freaked out inside and he kinda self sabotaged his career. He had it all in hia favour and yet he released mediocre projects and people lost interest. If the music stayed good, so would the fans pay attention. Its a shame cuz 17 year old me thought Tyler would be Famous and considered cool for atleast 10 years.
>>
>>71690187
>all of his stuff is equally shit except Yonkers
There's some great stuff on Wolf and Cherry Bomb though, my man.
>>
>>71690112
>>71690215

Melllowhype was underrated as fuck.
>>
>>71689717
Madvillian is east coast
>>
I'M A FUCKIN WALKIN PARADOX
>>
>>71690187
you want hopsin? But the prodigy is alive and well.
>>
>>71690222
shock rap is not cool to anyone who can be considered an adult. I understand the sentiment, but thinking he could stay relevant for 10 years is a stretch.
>>
All of his fans graduated high school and realized that music about how much you hate school and your dad are cringy as fuck and stopped dressing like Easter baskets
>>
This nigger should kill himself he acts and dresses like a child. Embarrassing.
>>
>>71690401
>quoting Earl

confirmed Earl fan who thinks whining about xanax addiction is "mature"

likely refers to IDLS as "One of the best hip hop albums of recent years"
>>
>>71690371
Yeah, i was 17 and like everyone else i was dumb at that age, but he seemed so cool. My friends and everyone else was all hyped over ofwgkta they seemed so cool new and different. But Tyler couldn't keep it up, unlike some of the others in ofwgkta.
>>
>>71690401
While the hating highschool stuff is definitely childish looking back, I think the things he said about his father were really good.
Those lyrics while over the top were his true feelings and I can appreciate that.
Answer is one of my favorite songs for that reason.
>>
>>71690401
cringe stuff is fun tho
>>
>>71689717
east coast has been jealous about madlib for ages, don't bother
>>
>>71690453
even if u don't like them you can't disagree that they were extremely influencial and gave modern hiphop the punk ethos that it has today
>>
>>71691402
Far from it they were much better than most around 2011. They were different and interesting a breath of fresh air after the bling phase of hip hop. Tyler was like the leader but he seemed to kinda lose it after bastards or goblin or someshit. Not that his new shit is shit its just mostly meh. Like i really like Kali Uchis but the song he did with her sucked.
>>
>>71691402
odd future are just a rip off of the cool kids with better jew marketing
>>
>>71691402
they weren't so influential beyond the fifteen year old suburban demographic. no idea what punk ethos you're talking about either, this is a trap era of hip hop
>>
>>71689081
Why do people take this guy, childish gambino, logic etc serious
>>
>>71692341
im talking about fashion and the fact that they made rap quirky again
>>
>>71690215
Vince wasn't OF and Casey left immediately. Domo & Alchemist was a good project though.
>>
>>71692372
Have you heard childish gambinos newest album?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
I think he's working in a collaboration with Pharrell Williams.

So that's neat
>>
>>71689126
I hope he does something like this, wolf and cherry bomb were both great production-wise (especially wolf) but a lot of the lyrics are corny as hell. still love them though
>>
>>71689583
there's teenagers at the gym i go to who wear various wolf gang/tyler branded stuff. it makes me cringe desu, but apparently they still exist.
>>
>>71692372
i don't understand how any of them are related
>>
still has time to evolve, still a young artist

that said, everytime I try to go back to his music it feels like I'm going back to some immature teenage phase I grew out of, and I listen to plenty of immature shit. it's as though the novelty of it completely wore off. still some good tracks here and there, he's still a good writer, but in the end the only real talent of the group is still and always will be

S W E A T S H I R T
>>
>>71692372
Tyler and Bambino are good. Logic is generic as hell though.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.