[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Baroness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Baroness 2016.jpg (64KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
Baroness 2016.jpg
64KB, 770x770px
???
>>
>>71688042
everything up until purple.
>>
>>71688075
What about Purple didn't you like? I thought they did a really good job of straddling the line between the more aggressive early stuff and the less intense Y&G stuff. Try to Disappear and Desperation Burns are two of my favorite Baroness songs.

Personally I like Yellow and Green the best of all Baroness releases, but I know a lot of the fans were put off by it.
>>
Not really. Was never a fan of the Savannah sound.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
Yes, Blue is my favorite by them.
>>
>>71688042
sounds to me like coffee shop metal t b h
>>
I love their album cover, I like purple, red and blue, hated g/y
>>
>>71688160
I like the bluegrass influence.
>>
>>71688183
You can definitely say that about Yellow and Green, but First and Second by them are Sludge metal masterpieces. I am a big fan of Yellow and Green though. It is nice to hear a metal band tinker with a new sound.
>>
File: 343550.jpg (50KB, 577x575px) Image search: [Google]
343550.jpg
50KB, 577x575px
>>71688257
I prefer my bluegrass from Kentucky.
>>
>>71688165
Blue is great. Not my favorite anymore because I listened to it too much and got burned out.

>>71688183
Who else is coffee shop metal?

>>71688212
Does Y&G have any redeeming qualities in your eyes?
>>
What did you guys think of Purple??

desu Shock Me is one of the best songs I've heard in years. I still like Red the best though.
>>
>>71688042
Nu-male metal
>>
>>71688263
When Yellow and Green first came out and I heard Take My Bones Away as the lead single, I picked it up because I thought the whole album would sound like that. It was pretty off-putting at first, especially listening to the Green side, but I always like to listen to albums several times before making a judgment. I got really into it as a result and probably listened to it fifty times or more that first year.

I hope one day that people will look back and see it more positively.
>>
>>71688302
>Who else is coffee shop metal?
deafheaven?
>>
>>71688344
It's great. It's not my favorite but I love it.

Going in I wasn't sure I was going to like the more rock-based approach. I was ambivalent when they released Chlorine and Wine as the lead single. However, as I've gotten older I've begun to realize accessibility isn't necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>71688356
I had the same exact experience. I held off on buying it for the first few listens, but something kept bringing me back to it. I now have the book version of the album. It has a super unique sound that just takes a few listens to sink in.

>>71688301
Fuck man, that is a great album!
>>
>>71688358
They don't sound at all similar desu.

Does John seem like a nu-male to you?
>>
>>71688428
he seems like a hipster
>>
>>71688416
Eula is one of my favorite songs by any band. Y&G just connects with me in a way that's hard to describe. A lot of the lyrics remind me of feelings and experiences I've had in my own life. I don't know whether there's any actual resemblance between my life and what John was writing about, I'm not one of those people who hears something and things "He's speaking personally to me" but it just strikes an emotional chord. There are also some great musical hooks on that record that people overlook.

My old copy of Y&G got smashed falling out of my car. I need to buy it again.
>>
>>71688459
I don't know the guy but I don't think he really cares that much about being "2obscure4u" or getting caught up in any fashion trend. Seems to me like he just does his own thing.
>>
>>71688506
I definitely sucks that Y&G will be looked down on by most of their fans because it lacks a brutally heavy vibe like a lot of their other albums do. For me personally I have to set it aside as it's own thing to really appreciate it for the masterpiece that it is.

>>71688546
I agree with you. He seems very independent in how he carries himself. I haven't noticed him going out and flaunting himself like most "2obscure4u" people do.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.