[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mac DeMarco: Shit or Lit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Mac.jpg (29KB, 613x816px) Image search: [Google]
Mac.jpg
29KB, 613x816px
How do you feel about Mac Demarco's music and why?

I find myself enjoying Mac Demarco's music, mainly because of the simplicity and the sweet chord progressions. All of his songs kind of loop in a satisfying way, and I like his distinctive guitarplay and percussion.
>>
>>71680492

i liked him when he came out with 2 in 2012 and his makeout video stuff. never cared for salad days because he started really repeating the same formula for every song. but then that p4k documentary came out and all of sudden salad days was the album of the summer for college kids. Sick of his music now that im no longer a big fan.
>>
let's kill him
>>
>>71680515
2 was definitely a less formulaic album than Salad Days.
>>
>>71680520
i bleached it, demarco
>>
>>71680492
>shit or lit

I like that
>>
>>71680554
thanks
>>
like lit shit
>>
His music is incredibly bland and boring, but college kids love him for his slacker hick outdoorsman image and the fact that he is always surrounded by cigarettes.
>>
>>71680893
I definitely don't like his fanbase. A bunch of hipsters who think that showering makes you a square or some shit.
>>
>>71680492
Just listen to Homeshake
>>
it's becoming a bit stock.

it was kind of nice for one album, then salad days perfected it but forgot to push the envelope.

i like the guy, i think he's pretty tired of his own fanbase, and i like the production of his music and the songwriting, but it's been the same stuff for the last 5 years im definitely up for him to do something new.
>>
I like his teeth.
Other than that he's pretty bland.
>>
i can see the people who go around calling things 'lit' liking mac demarco
>>
>>71682108
/thread
>>
>>71680492
He makes boring repetitive music that all sounds the same, but the worst thing is his cancerous fans.
>>
>>71680926
>>71680926
LOOK AT ME I'M NOT A HIPSTER UNLIKE THE OTHER MAC DEMARCO FANS GOD I HATE THEM
BUT I'LL TALK ABOUT WEED AND USE THE WORD CHILL EVERY TWO MINUTES AND GO TO STARBUCKS EVERYDAY WITH MY FRIENDS WHO WEAR
>>
>>71682024
You meant to say Connan, i presume.
>>
>>71682140
>so flustered he forgot to finish his post
>>
>>71682071
Yeah I'm kinda hoping the new album is different enough to be interesting but I guess we'll see

I'm a fan of Mac and like his music style but his fan base has gotten pretty insufferable. I feel like he regrets cultivating his goofball persona
>>
File: 1489788398580.jpg (43KB, 347x426px) Image search: [Google]
1489788398580.jpg
43KB, 347x426px
>>71682140
>>
>it's an OP asks for /mu/s opinion on Mac Demarco but all they can ever talk about is his fans thread
>>
>>71682171
>>71682187
t. hipsters in denial
>>
> Don't like Demarco's fans
> Just like his music
> tfw you are a Mac Demarco fan
>>
>>71682202
That's because his music is so boring
>>
>>71682202
This is what I fucking hate about every Mac DeMarco discussion. Only when the artist starts being more influenced by their fanbase is the fanbase actually a problem (which I haven't seen happen with Mac, maybe this upcoming album will change my perspective on that but hopefully not)
>>
>>71682202
that because only >>71682212 listen to his music and his music is so bland and uninteresting that there's nothing to talk about
>>
>>71682157
<33333 Connan is the OG all the rest are just emulators

>also this thread every fucking day
>>
I really like him, don't see how his music's bland. I like his new songs - This Old Dog has this instantly relaxing effect, almost hypnotic. It sounds different enough and I'm guessing it'll be much more introspective album. Seems like a nice dude too.
>>
>>71682438
>board of self proclaimed patricians
>connan mockasin is not really discussed nor is he considered /mu/core
>>
Their songs are boring, so flat
>>
>>71682221
self loathing seems like it would be a trait of Mac Demarco Fans
>>
ITT: white people who claim mac's music is "really white" because they have this idea in their head every minority goes though extreme hardship and has a tough life and therefore can't relate to how easy-going mac's music is
>>
>>71682140
(You)
>>
it's jizz jazz and i like jizz jazz
>>
>>71683566
>It's not generic indie smothered in reverb, it "le jizz jazz xD"
>>
>>71683587
>generic indie
>>
>>71683510
see >>71682212
>>
>>71683660
What else would you call it faggot?
>>
>>71683712
Jizz jazz
>>
File: ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>71683744
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.