[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shawn Lane bread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (11KB, 272x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 272x302px
Hey, /mu/. Do any of you know of Shawn Lane, or listen to his music at all? He's probably my favorite desu. I think Temporal Analogues of Paradise is pretty patrish. Also, Shawn Lane general thread
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 400x400px
Improvised jazz fusion is best jazz fusion
>>
You guys are plebs
>>
File: image.png (50KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50KB, 184x184px
Fucking this. I'm so dissappointed that Lane's still so unknown to most people. He was a crazy motherfucker. He played piano like a madman too.
>>
he's the shit
>>
>>71680369
almost hilariously good. you ever had to hold back laughter from how well somebody can play their instrument?

https://youtu.be/7Skk9Q0Qd_k
>>
>>71680369
I was quite disappointed by his studio albums. Even though he could play almost anything he heard in his head, most of his songs are forgettable at best. That being said, these two are something else:
https://youtu.be/IkLSoXSQcYQ
https://youtu.be/tbPTeFta4lw
>>
>>71680557
Dude, sometimes I'll just bust out laughing when he plays his "sheets of sound". Hilariously good is an apt description.
>>
>>71680557
Man, I bust out laughing when he plays ridiculously fast pretty often. It's silly how fast and accurately he was able to play.
>>
God-tier guitarist, however I personally can't listen to his music. Maybe it's just 2deep4me
>>
>>71680616
His two studio albums weren't as good in my opinion. His work with Jonas Hellborg was far superior. BUT Powers of Ten showcases his ability to compose scores n stuff. He was really into film scores and such.
>>
>>71680748
>Maybe it's just 2deep4me
As a fan of Allan Holdsworth and John McLaughlin (for the most part), I wasn't that impressed by Shawn Lane and I think the reason is the same even in your case:
>>71680616
>>
>>71680817
>His two studio albums weren't as good in my opinion. His work with Jonas Hellborg was far superior.
I'm not aware of his collaborations. Are those albums hard to find? I think that would be why.
>BUT Powers of Ten showcases his ability to compose scores n stuff. He was really into film scores and such.
I'm aware that he was a proficient piano player too and I'm still not that impressed.
>>
>>71680823
As far as John McLaughlin goes, first four Machavishnu Orchestra albums are amazing, but I can't for the life of me appreciate Shakti. I understand that his thing is playing fast, but it gets to a point when it's pointlessly fast.
>>
>>71680832
Listen to Temporal Analogues of Paradise. Prolly his best work. Totally improvised.
>>
>>71680823
Allan Holdsworth was a huge influence on Shawn. In an interview, he mentions seeing Holdsworth live at 14, and it changing his life.
>>
>>71681059
I know.
https://youtu.be/4waVFBbOwis
>>
>>71680369
SHAWN LANE
HAD A STRAAAAAANGE
HOBBY
>>
how do fat guys get their fingers to fit on the fretboard?
>>
i like one song of his and only kinda

i think it's 'get you back'

the rest sucks
>>
>>71682158
Have you listened to "the rest"? Get You Back's a nice song, but honestly, I think his later work was better.
>>
>shredders
no thanks
>>
>>71682775

but dude he incorporates jazz bullshit into his mindless scale runs...
>>
File: d53.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
d53.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>71682892
>implying most jazz is not mindless scale runs
>>
>>71682942

actually those are mindless mode runs buddy
>>
>>71682965
who am I a nerd
>>
Technical and musical master, but I've never been touched emotionally by anything I've heard from him. Just not my kind of guitarist.
>>
>>71683897
>>71680616
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.